WRX versus Legacy GT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX versus Legacy GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, we know the Forester XT edges out the WRX in acceleration. What do people think about the new Legacy ...

WRX versus Legacy GT

Well, we know the Forester XT edges out the WRX in acceleration. What do people think about the new Legacy GT? Same deal by the same amount? How do you think the handling will compare? Weighs in at around 3300-3350, with P215/45/17 tires stock. More importantly, I wonder if the differences are worth 4.5K...

I'm on the fence with a WRX wagon, Forester XT, and Legacy GT wagon...

-B
    Last edited by Beanboy; 05-12-2004 at 06:53 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

get the forester XT if you want stealth look. Also cobb tuning is coming out with an accessport for this end of may.

Get the WRX wagon if you prefer car-like suspension.

Forget legacy GT.( As far as speed AFAIK its no match )
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

Originally posted by flyingace
    get the forester XT if you want stealth look. Also cobb tuning is coming out with an accessport for this end of may.

i think hes talking about the 2005 250hp legacy gt
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

One time when I visited www.need-desire.com, they said Legacy GT would do 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. The next time I went back to the site, 5.5 seconds was replaced with "0-60 in speeds that can make a muscle car blush." Curb weight: 3000-3200 lb for the Legacy GT and 250 hp. I can't wait to drive one!

Originally posted by flyingace

For handaling for the forester get better tires and front sti sway bars and it will out handle a wrx wagon Ask str he had a wagon wrx before and he said the Xt will out handle the rex.

But i would rather a Legacy 250 hp unless you want a wagon
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

Thumbs up

I'm nearly in love with the new turbo 2.5 Legacy GT. Can't wait until they hit the streets. I'm almost praying that their 5 speed tranny isn't the same as found in the WRX, however, and hoping it's somewhat upgraded...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

They claim the Legacy GT has a "reinforced" 5 speed transmission. My question is if it has about the same weight and transmission as the WRX but more horsepower, should it not be faster?

From what I have heard, from Legacy (GT and B4) owners is that it sucks through 2nd gear and the bottom of 3rd. Once over 140kph they fly. They put it down to a gearing thing, but they also said that getting to 140, the WRX was faster, somehow.

Im suprised, I would race a B4 or GT if they werent mostly owned by paranoid 50 year olds.

I didn't think the 2.5L turbo was out in the other markets, isn't it a variation of the 2.0 turbo? Bah, I'm not sure, just didn't think anybody owned the 250HP flavor new Legacy yet.

-B

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    I'm nearly in love with the new turbo 2.5 Legacy GT. Can't wait until they hit the streets. I'm almost praying that their 5 speed tranny isn't the same as found in the WRX, however, and hoping it's somewhat upgraded...

The case has been strengthened, and the gear ratios are different.

dR

And the first gear synchro has been upgraded.

There is a new Legacy forum that's been up and running for several months, it has lots of good info, click here

Me want legacy outback sedan flat 6 3.0.

arrr
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.