04 M3 vs Me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 M3 vs Me within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; coming home from work yesterday, i ran into (not literally) an 04 m3 with like a 17-18 yr old rich ...

Banned

04 M3 vs Me

coming home from work yesterday, i ran into (not literally) an 04 m3 with like a 17-18 yr old rich kid in it. I was behind him and he kept showing off his power. So we get to a light, and holy crap I had him trailing to about 80 mph when I slowed down. I know the m3 is faster, so I would guess that my street racing experience helped me take him. Like I said, he was just a kid.

im pretty much stock so far. Just have a removed silencer, and a short throw shifter.

but wow, $24k vs $70k +. and it competes.

If the M3 driver was experienced, how would you think the race would have went?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I can speak from experience, me with a prodrive stage 2 it came down to a drivers race against my friends E36 (I think that was the previous generation M3). As for a 04 M3, that kid must have been a really really bad driver. If it was a decent driver in there, you might have been ahead until about 30 mph, but by the time you reached 60, he would have been ahead, and by 80 he would have been gone I think. Nothing to feel bad about though, just get a TBE/Uppipe, and a reflash and you could hang if not beat any stock M3 up to 80 (of course then, they would start catching up probably). Also their is a special fourm for races, WRX vs the World.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Banned
    thanks for the info....sorry I should have posted this in the proper category. Can you move it for me?

Its ok, your new here. A Moderator will have to move it, I don't have the power

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

str
    I don't think the kid knew how to drive that thing. I have an 04 Forester XT which is capable of high 13's in the 1/4 stock and I got trounced by a new M3. By at least a few cars. I used to have an 02 WRX with an MBC and a short throw and used to get smoked by M3's. My Forester is definetly faster than my old REX but it's no M3.
    2004 Black Forester XT

I have taken two BMW E46 M3 Convertibles to ~60mph and I was leading by half a car each time.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Originally posted by fengshui
    I have taken two BMW E46 M3 Convertibles to ~60mph and I was leading by half a car each time.

chris
    Was that from a dig ?

I am wondering if my stage 2 will fare better...
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

J-H
    I have faced a couple of them. Took a couple up to 80. There was ONE though that just ate me up from a dig. I guess a good driver in one of those is all that it takes...

JH

Re: 04 M3 vs Me

Originally posted by 02wrxnj
    If the M3 driver was experienced, how would you think the race would have went?
    hmm... just to be clear, we're talking about the 04's E46, and not E36. E46's will stomp us, and badly, even in cobb stage 2 on a roll. i don't think you'd win on the highway unless you had a bigger turbo.

but from the line, sure- there's a good chance you'd have it. just not for long.

if you were to "win" that race, you were probably given victory.

any others care to refute?
    www.realultimatepower.net

Originally posted by flyingace
    Was that from a dig ?

I am wondering if my stage 2 will fare better...
    From a dig yes. Those BMW engines have a much better top end but down low they SUCK. Trust me, if you get the launch, you stay ahead up until 60 to around 80 mph, then they will real you in for sure (unless you have a much bigger turbo, I have stock). It sure is fun embarssing M3 owners in stoplight to stoplight races.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Stage 4 owns e46 !!!!!

I have raced some e46 and some m5's and some M roadsters. ALl owned from rolls to well excess over 100mph...Bigger turbo is key.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    Stage 4 owns e46 !!!!!

I have raced some e46 and some m5's and some M roadsters. ALl owned from rolls to well excess over 100mph...Bigger turbo is key.
    you pulled on M5's and M3's from high speed rolls??

wow, thats impressive... i was not aware that a stage4 vf turbo pull at high speeds.
    i would imagine the PE18 could.... are running a vf22 or something??
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

he was either letting you have some fun or the first blind person I have heard of to drive a new m3.

you're in stock trim, he will eat you alive. no question.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    you pulled on M5's and M3's from high speed rolls??

wow, thats impressive... i was not aware that a stage4 vf turbo pull at high speeds.
    i would imagine the PE18 could.... are running a vf22 or something??
    that's the key about his 300lb-ft of torque. Torque to weight ratio is what killed the M3 and the M5 I believe given that the e46 M3 makes about 260+ TQ w/ 3550lbs and the M5 makes 369 TQ w/ probably 4000lbs.

btw, 02wrxnj, the E46 M3 is based at $47100...with the options etc, they go out of the dealership at $55-60k include tax. NOT $70k plus. For $70k that's the M3 CSL range.
    Last edited by FrankW; 05-11-2004 at 10:56 PM.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Originally posted by FrankW
    btw, 02wrxnj, the E46 M3 is based at $47100...with the options etc, they go out of the dealership at $55-60k include tax. NOT $70k plus. For $70k that's the M3 CSL range.
    Actually, the day we got our X5 a guy picked up a convertible w/ the removable hard top (hadn't seen that before). It was pretty sharp and I believe the guy dropped $72k. Worse yet, it was for his wife. Of course as our sales guy was going over the operational schtuff re: our X5 I didn't hear a word he said as I was listening/watching the other sales guy do the same w/ the M3 next to us (all the while thinking I should be driving that off the lot instead of a frick'n suv...but hey, it's the wife's).

T.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast