Typhoon Vs. WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Typhoon Vs. WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; look at the tires!!!...

look at the tires!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails syclone.jpg  
    2004 STi
    Silver/Silver

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Pretty huge, huh? These looked to be about that wide, but wearing what looked like g-force T/A drag radials

Check this Typhoon and its massive wheel hop at launch. By the way 10.95

http://www.canadiansyty.com/video/mov00179.mpg

Originally posted by Pirana
    Check this Typhoon and its massive wheel hop at launch. By the way 10.95

http://www.canadiansyty.com/video/mov00179.mpg
    2004 STi
    Silver/Silver

This Syclone went 9.89 at 137!!! He also has other vids running other times!! That is one sweet truck/suv combo that GMC put out back in the days! http://www.dochoover.com BTW he also ran a 6.35 at 112 in the 1/8th

I couldnt download his video so I posted the closest one, if not mistaken the only thing stock in this Syclone is the block.

response

danbob, it used to be the fastest sport ute, i think the cayenne turbo techart is faster though i could be mistaken...
    elsharko-srt10 and lightning are trucks not sport utes.

J-H
    I saw a Typhoon the other day.

It looked AWESOME

Wanted to run the guy, but he was just cruising...I have a lot of respect for those cars....

JH

WRONG!!!

If it was the 2 door tahoe/jimmy version it is a 1992-1993 Gmc Typhoon they are awd 45/55 split auto 700r4 tranny forged 4.3 and mitsu 18g turbo paper says 280 hp and 360 lb tq but many ppl believe it is 330 hp the 1991 version is the 2 door regular cab sonoma was only made in 1991 it was faster than the zr-1 and ferrari at the time actually the fastest production truck until the dodge viper truck UNLESS THAT PARTICULAR TYPHOON/JIMMY HAD THE GRAND NATIONAL ENGINE IN IT it was not the gn or gnx motor all it is. is a forged pistoned 4.3 liter 262 cu. in. v-6 with the astrovan awd system not related to the gnx at all unless u just say they are both turbo and awd and auto

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagus View Post
    If it was the 2 door tahoe/jimmy version it is a 1992-1993 Gmc Typhoon they are awd 45/55 split auto 700r4 tranny forged 4.3 and mitsu 18g turbo paper says 280 hp and 360 lb tq but many ppl believe it is 330 hp the 1991 version is the 2 door regular cab sonoma was only made in 1991 it was faster than the zr-1 and ferrari at the time actually the fastest production truck until the dodge viper truck UNLESS THAT PARTICULAR TYPHOON/JIMMY HAD THE GRAND NATIONAL ENGINE IN IT it was not the gn or gnx motor all it is. is a forged pistoned 4.3 liter 262 cu. in. v-6 with the astrovan awd system not related to the gnx at all unless u just say they are both turbo and awd and auto
    Holy 9 year old thread bump!

super old thread is super old

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    super old thread is super old
    1/2 of our current moderators were about to enter high school and just learning how to masturbate when this thread was started. I bet they are much better at it now.

thats ok

Thats ok doesn't matter how old it is syclone needs to be revived!

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Holy 9 year old thread bump!
    I swear you only pop up and post anymore when there is a really old thread bump.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Kagus View Post
    Thats ok doesn't matter how old it is syclone needs to be revived!
    It is a pretty cool thread bump though. Syclones and Typhoons were beasts!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.