Stage 3 WRX vs LS1 SS
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stage 3 WRX vs LS1 SS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, I'm only posting this to rant... Anyway I see a pewter Camaro SS with exhaust dipping in and out ...

Stage 3 WRX vs LS1 SS

Ok, I'm only posting this to rant...

Anyway I see a pewter Camaro SS with exhaust dipping in and out of traffic so I wait until it clears up and we get to the front of the pack...we're rolling to a red light which is about to change and we both punch it from a 10 mph roll...I was just a bumper in front of him and I could hear him chirping 2nd hard so I'm assuming he's stick. I follow him onto the highway and I'm expecting to get owned bad...again we wait until traffic is gone and he punches it while I'm trying to get next to him so I started out about a car behind him and held that spot for a few second until we got up to an in ramp and I saw traffic so I slowed down and got behind him...and he gives me hazards! I'm like wtf, you started first, with about a car head start and you barely started pulling on me and you gave me hazards? We then get to a stop sign after we get off the expressway and again we're rolling about 10 mph and he hits it first but I got about a car on him, 2nd I'm holding my lead and I give him the hazards and shut it down going into 3rd as we were heading to a stop light...he makes a turn and gives me the hazards revving at me...now I expected to get beat really bad by him so maybe he wasn't shifting fast...but I also give my friend's 00 LS1 Trans AM a great run for his money and he has a cat back and air lid. All in all I just wish the Camaro wouldn't have been so cocky because I was trying to talk to him in traffic...I wanted to know what he had done and maybe get a CLEAN run off with him but noooo, he was too good to talk a WRX owner.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't worry. Were too good to talk to Civic owners . just race a civic and when you beat 'em, flash your hazards and revv your engine. Then maybe he'll do it to a Kia owner and so on. Wow, we will probably start a trend going cool. Then again maybe we'll start more fights then a trend. Hmmmm, bad idea.

huh...yeah those ls1's are pretty frustrating. I really never met a cool guy w/one either. THey usually think that their too good for us...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Originally posted by 13secwrx
    huh...yeah those ls1's are pretty frustrating. I really never met a cool guy w/one either. THey usually think that their too good for us...
    Yeah, but then again, aren't we?

My friend Steve is really cool about it, he knew I would take him off the line and he thought he wouldn't catch me...but he did at the very end...and we shook hands and yadda yadda...this guy was just cocky as hell. I try not to stereotype but it seems any late model muscle car with chrome rims, tint and exhaust is some kind of big shot...I made a mistake once; I was in my sbc Cutlass and I saw a 88-90ish Supra turbo and my friend's is pitifully slow so I said I'll let him get the break...by 100 mph I was just catching his bumper...dood said he went 13.2 on 8 psi with a 2.0 60 foot. After that point I never down played a car again....we're all in it to go fast so why can't you just give someone props for a good race...
    SIRacing.Net

heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Some people are just tools, regardless of what they drive. Put them in a faster car, and they become an even bigger tool. Doesn't matter if it's an LS1, Cobra, STi, Z06, Viper, 911, etc...

Win or lose, I always smile and wave regardless of what I happen to be driving. Unless it's an officer, then I try to duck and hide...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Yeah, I hear you Dan. I actually saw my first STi driving back to college from Texas the day after I traded in my WRX for my Trans Am. It was in pretty heavy traffic, and I passed him, beeped and gave him thumbs up. He looked at me like I was insane. Oh well.

almost all LS1 owners, including several of my friends are all arogant pr!cks about their car.... thats just how several are..

and i wouldnt say that an LS1 has the right to look down on us. as a matter of fact, the wrx is the better car all around.. (no bias included) the ls1 is faster, but the wrx is more reliable, refined, better quality, and resale is MUCH better. i dont really think its fair in comparing ls1 to wrx as wrx to civic, or civic to kia.

either way... nice runs, those are very hard cars to keep up with. if he had any mods it was probably very mild like intake lid and cut outs or something. maybe catback??
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I could tell he had a cat back...looked very similar to my friend's SLP loudmouth, can't tell if he had anything else....which is why I wish he would have acknowledged me.
    SIRacing.Net

heh, fairlady

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.