LS1 SS vs Stage 4
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on LS1 SS vs Stage 4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ran a sweet black LS1 Camaro SS from about a 15mph roll. was absolutely dead even with it all the ...

LS1 SS vs Stage 4

Ran a sweet black LS1 Camaro SS from about a 15mph roll. was absolutely dead even with it all the way up to 120mph in 4th at which point we both shut down as it was obvious the two cars were totally even in acceleration. I am sure that if the race had been from a standing start the wrx would have jumped out in front by a car length or two but I would have just sat there not pulling away given how even the two cars were. I was pretty amazed that we stayed side by side without either car gaining one inch the whole way. As we were cruising side by side afterwards the LS1 driver complemented me on the wrx, he also said his car was bone stock, but the exhaust note/engine sound sure didnt sound like stock to me, definitely much more nasty sounding than the stock LS1 SS ...I love those cars!

Next time I run one, I'll make sure to have the Nitrous bottle opened and armed!
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I hate racing those cars...You just never know. Nice race.

I've raced a few modded ones and stock ones and every time its so nerve racking because every shift has to be perfect and precise. I always feel like Im trying to gain their respect....damn ls1's
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    good race against a guy that was pretty cool.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Sounds like fun. He must have one of the stronger running LS1.
    In my Stage 4 WRX (12.7 @ 108 mph - best 1/4 mile time) I walked away from stock LS1s pretty good from a 2nd gear roll. Then at higher speeds 100mph or so we would level off. But I usually had a least 2 cars on them.

But as we know not all Stage 4s or LS1s are created equal. Stock LS1s can trap anywhere from 103 - 110 mph. Just about the same as Stage 4's.

But it had to be fun running dead even for that amount of time. Those races are the best.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    Sounds like fun. He must have one of the stronger running LS1.
    ..definitely. I have run plenty of other LS1 powered camaros and vettes and this was the first time I couldnt walk away from one. This one was strong!
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi

Yum...I can't wait until I can spank LS-1's on the highway.

Kevin
    '04 STi Blue/Gold

XS500/UTEC/UR 785cc/MRT TMIC/3" Catless/AVO Turbo inlet/APS 70mm CAI/AVC-R/JIC FLT-A2/SSR Type-C

ECUTEK!!!!

349.3 WHP, Dyno Dynamics, 100 octane (torco)

~450 bhp

performance figures...

Update to my post:

I borrowed a good friends Gtech Pro this morning and went out and did a few 1/4 runs with it. I know it is no substitute for the track, but I have used this unit before on my old TTZ and it was within .1 of what I ran at the track. I did 3 runs and got an average of 12.7 at 108 out of the three runs ( best was 12.6, lowest was 12.8 ) launching at 4k rpms and slipping in the clutch and shifting at 7k rpms... pretty much standard stage 4 figures. I then did one run with the Nitrous IC cooling using it all the way though 3rd and 4th and got 12.4 at 110. One of these days I'll get up to Moroso and see what I can get for real.
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi

I got smoked by an LS1 SS recently. Dude was real cool, and complemented me on my car before he whipped my ass. All I had at the time was a catless turboback.(got AP stage 2 a few days ago) He told me he only had exhaust work done.

A week later I saw him at the track running 12.2's. Made me feel better once I saw him running those times. Turns out he has a full exhaust, intake, and he was tuning it with his laptop.

Just another reason why I should buy an STi.
    '02 PSM WRX
    18" P1's, TBE, and Cobb Stage 2

You'll need more than an STi to run a 12.2
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Originally posted by ilivas
    Absolutely. The STi just seems to be a better starting point.

Either that or I may just keep the rex, and buy a later model Z-28 or SS as it seems you can get really good deals on them.
    '02 PSM WRX
    18" P1's, TBE, and Cobb Stage 2

Originally posted by ilivas

Not so fast.
    A Vishnu tuned STi with only 2 mods ran 12.5 @ 109mph.
    (exhaust and Xede)

It won't be long before guys are running 11s and low 12s.
    Last edited by SGOSWRX; 05-13-2004 at 06:42 AM.

Can't forget that they used C16 SGOSWRX . If that car would have been on 92-93 octane, it would have run a 12.8-9 at 104-105mph. I would have been impressed if it would have been on regular pump gas.

But Gabe, it won't be long before C16 is CHEAPER than premium pump gas!!!!

Solar panels on my WRX are my next power mod...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.