M3vs Evo vs STI
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

This is a discussion on M3vs Evo vs STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Im in my friends EVO last night out on DPA. Lots of cars out there. We see an M3 comin ...

  1. #1
    Registered User TurboWill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    LI NY
    Posts
    3,109

    M3vs Evo vs STI

    Im in my friends EVO last night out on DPA. Lots of cars out there.
    We see an M3 comin up on our tail. He pulls next to us in third.This was a 99 M3 That sounded like a jet airplane. Anyway my friends Evo is Stock. So we go, Third, forth, we leave him by a car. Real close but we one. So at the light he rolls down the window and asks what we got. Told him it was stock, and they couldn't believe it. So then he's like, we just killed an STI, those Evo's are quick. So I roll down my window, Im like there is know way you can beat my STI. So they thought they could. So we went to get my car. Now Ive got Turboxs Turbo back and a STI air filter. I pull my friends evo by 2-3 cars. So we race from 2 to 5th. Pulled him by 4 cars. Had to represent for STI

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User 13secwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,427
    What color is the Evo and wrx ?
    Im just wondering if Ive seen you down there.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

  4. #3
    WRX
    WRX is offline
    Registered User WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Montgomery, IL
    Posts
    2,671
    hahaha that's great. He probably thought you had nitrous.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

  5. #4
    Registered User SGOSWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,058
    Nice, I always like hearing about an STi beating an EVO. A lot of EVO guys think its not possible? <---- the ignorant ones
    I've talked to a few clowns that really think an STi is much slower than an EVO - Stock vs stock?

  6. #5
    Registered User FrankW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Diamond Bar CA
    Posts
    358
    Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    Nice, I always like hearing about an STi beating an EVO. A lot of EVO guys think its not possible? <---- the ignorant ones
    I've talked to a few clowns that really think an STi is much slower than an EVO - Stock vs stock?
    car and driver tv test the STi and EVO8. The STi is quicker to 60, 1/4 mile. The EVO is quicker around the track they tested on.

    anywayz, nice kill. E36 M3 isn't that fast w/o the European version 321hp engine.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

  7. #6
    Registered User TurboWill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    LI NY
    Posts
    3,109
    Originally posted by 13secwrx
    What color is the Evo and wrx ?
    Im just wondering if Ive seen you down there.
    My STI is black with gold rims.
    Friends Evo is blue. If its nice I'll be up there friday night.

  8. #7
    Registered User TurboWill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    LI NY
    Posts
    3,109
    Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    Nice, I always like hearing about an STi beating an EVO. A lot of EVO guys think its not possible? <---- the ignorant ones
    I've talked to a few clowns that really think an STi is much slower than an EVO - Stock vs stock?
    My friend and I raced after we broke in our cars.Both stock.
    Up to third gear we were neck and neck. as soon as I hit fourth I pulled hard on him.

  9. #8
    Registered User AsianWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    1,173
    Have you taken your Sti to the track yet?
    07 RDX

    04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    243
    Originally posted by FrankW
    car and driver tv test the STi and EVO8. The STi is quicker to 60, 1/4 mile. The EVO is quicker around the track they tested on.

    anywayz, nice kill. E36 M3 isn't that fast w/o the European version 321hp engine.
    Thats because the Evo has better top end. And i am shure it will take an STI after 80 or so
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

    Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

  11. #10
    Registered User AwdTurboWrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sun Valley,CA
    Posts
    5,790
    Originally posted by audirs6
    Thats because the Evo has better top end. And i am shure it will take an STI after 80 or so

    evo's not better than sti on top end....its the other way around....its onlhy quicker on the track cause evo has better handling..and on the track i mean road racing track..cant wait to see what type of cars the evo mr will put to rest at a road track...might have 2 join the dark side of evo's after that mr comes out
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

  12. #11
    Registered User wrxinfx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    house
    Posts
    1,303
    ooooh the MR. Want one now. Heard rumors that it'll probably run close to 40 g's. With all that crap about limited edition mark up. Evos around here didn't go for less than 35 g's. Sorry about the hijack. Good run for Sti's. Go own more cars so I can tell my friends that the STi is teh winner.

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    32
    Originally posted by BLITZ's M
    Ya, you're right bud 250 at the rear wheels and mid to high 13's is slow.
    What car are u refering to; e36m3, evo, or STi???

    Cuz I no you sure as hell can't be talking about the usdm e36 m3. I use to drive one and can tell you definitively that there is no way it had 250 rwhp and did 13 sec 1/4's stock You might be confused with the e46 m3 that pretty much match those specs, but wasn't introduced until 2001.

  14. #13
    Registered User Brians3000GT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Foxboro, MA
    Posts
    57
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by FrankW
    [B]car and driver tv test the STi and EVO8. The STi is quicker to 60, 1/4 mile. The EVO is quicker around the track they tested on.



    yeah you know why?.... Car and Driver hates Mitsu, they've always been biased against them and Motortrend's times have always been faster for Mitsu cars, such as the 1999 VR-4 was rated by Motortrend to do 0-60 in 4.8 and it was rated by C&D at 5.1 - they're pretty good for the most part except for when it comes to Mitsu. Motortrend is somewhat biased towards Subaru though since they rate the 0-60 time for the EVO as 4.59 and for the ST-i as 4.9, i believe for a fact that it's 4.6 for both of them and 13.0 for the 1/4 since i've seen them both run that stock at the track

  15. #14
    Registered User GREDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    319
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Brians3000GT
    [B]
    Originally posted by FrankW
    car and driver tv test the STi and EVO8. The STi is quicker to 60, 1/4 mile. The EVO is quicker around the track they tested on.



    yeah you know why?.... Car and Driver hates Mitsu, they've always been biased against them and Motortrend's times have always been faster for Mitsu cars, such as the 1999 VR-4 was rated by Motortrend to do 0-60 in 4.8 and it was rated by C&D at 5.1 - they're pretty good for the most part except for when it comes to Mitsu. Motortrend is somewhat biased towards Subaru though since they rate the 0-60 time for the EVO as 4.59 and for the ST-i as 4.9, i believe for a fact that it's 4.6 for both of them and 13.0 for the 1/4 since i've seen them both run that stock at the track
    Very true!
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

  16. #15
    Registered User AwdTurboWrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sun Valley,CA
    Posts
    5,790
    i think both cars are underrated...idk about bias or whatever...but they probably didnt drop the clutch so high..think about all these cars are awd..but motor trend did hit 13.08 with evo..i remember it was on yahoo

    http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/mitsu...rformance.html

    (check it out)


    also the evo mr is supposed to compete with sti and supposed to be about 33k..but your right..it will be marked up like crazy..at my local dealer evo is still marked up by 5k
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •