M3vs Evo vs STI
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on M3vs Evo vs STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Im in my friends EVO last night out on DPA. Lots of cars out there. We see an M3 comin ...

M3vs Evo vs STI

Im in my friends EVO last night out on DPA. Lots of cars out there.
    We see an M3 comin up on our tail. He pulls next to us in third.This was a 99 M3 That sounded like a jet airplane. Anyway my friends Evo is Stock. So we go, Third, forth, we leave him by a car. Real close but we one. So at the light he rolls down the window and asks what we got. Told him it was stock, and they couldn't believe it. So then he's like, we just killed an STI, those Evo's are quick. So I roll down my window, Im like there is know way you can beat my STI. So they thought they could. So we went to get my car. Now Ive got Turboxs Turbo back and a STI air filter. I pull my friends evo by 2-3 cars. So we race from 2 to 5th. Pulled him by 4 cars. Had to represent for STI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What color is the Evo and wrx ?
    Im just wondering if Ive seen you down there.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

WRX
    hahaha that's great. He probably thought you had nitrous.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Nice, I always like hearing about an STi beating an EVO. A lot of EVO guys think its not possible? <---- the ignorant ones
    I've talked to a few clowns that really think an STi is much slower than an EVO - Stock vs stock?

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    Nice, I always like hearing about an STi beating an EVO. A lot of EVO guys think its not possible? <---- the ignorant ones
    I've talked to a few clowns that really think an STi is much slower than an EVO - Stock vs stock?
    car and driver tv test the STi and EVO8. The STi is quicker to 60, 1/4 mile. The EVO is quicker around the track they tested on.

anywayz, nice kill. E36 M3 isn't that fast w/o the European version 321hp engine.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    What color is the Evo and wrx ?
    Im just wondering if Ive seen you down there.
    My STI is black with gold rims.
    Friends Evo is blue. If its nice I'll be up there friday night.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    My friend and I raced after we broke in our cars.Both stock.
    Up to third gear we were neck and neck. as soon as I hit fourth I pulled hard on him.

Have you taken your Sti to the track yet?
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Originally posted by FrankW
    car and driver tv test the STi and EVO8. The STi is quicker to 60, 1/4 mile. The EVO is quicker around the track they tested on.

anywayz, nice kill. E36 M3 isn't that fast w/o the European version 321hp engine.
    Thats because the Evo has better top end. And i am shure it will take an STI after 80 or so
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

Originally posted by audirs6
    Thats because the Evo has better top end. And i am shure it will take an STI after 80 or so

evo's not better than sti on top end....its the other way around....its onlhy quicker on the track cause evo has better handling..and on the track i mean road racing track..cant wait to see what type of cars the evo mr will put to rest at a road track...might have 2 join the dark side of evo's after that mr comes out
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

ooooh the MR. Want one now. Heard rumors that it'll probably run close to 40 g's. With all that crap about limited edition mark up. Evos around here didn't go for less than 35 g's. Sorry about the hijack. Good run for Sti's. Go own more cars so I can tell my friends that the STi is teh winner.

Originally posted by BLITZ's M
    Ya, you're right bud 250 at the rear wheels and mid to high 13's is slow.
    What car are u refering to; e36m3, evo, or STi???

Cuz I no you sure as hell can't be talking about the usdm e36 m3. I use to drive one and can tell you definitively that there is no way it had 250 rwhp and did 13 sec 1/4's stock You might be confused with the e46 m3 that pretty much match those specs, but wasn't introduced until 2001.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FrankW
    [B]car and driver tv test the STi and EVO8. The STi is quicker to 60, 1/4 mile. The EVO is quicker around the track they tested on.

yeah you know why?.... Car and Driver hates Mitsu, they've always been biased against them and Motortrend's times have always been faster for Mitsu cars, such as the 1999 VR-4 was rated by Motortrend to do 0-60 in 4.8 and it was rated by C&D at 5.1 - they're pretty good for the most part except for when it comes to Mitsu. Motortrend is somewhat biased towards Subaru though since they rate the 0-60 time for the EVO as 4.59 and for the ST-i as 4.9, i believe for a fact that it's 4.6 for both of them and 13.0 for the 1/4 since i've seen them both run that stock at the track

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brians3000GT
    [B]
    Originally posted by FrankW

yeah you know why?.... Car and Driver hates Mitsu, they've always been biased against them and Motortrend's times have always been faster for Mitsu cars, such as the 1999 VR-4 was rated by Motortrend to do 0-60 in 4.8 and it was rated by C&D at 5.1 - they're pretty good for the most part except for when it comes to Mitsu. Motortrend is somewhat biased towards Subaru though since they rate the 0-60 time for the EVO as 4.59 and for the ST-i as 4.9, i believe for a fact that it's 4.6 for both of them and 13.0 for the 1/4 since i've seen them both run that stock at the track
    Very true!
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

i think both cars are underrated...idk about bias or whatever...but they probably didnt drop the clutch so high..think about all these cars are awd..but motor trend did hit 13.08 with evo..i remember it was on yahoo

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/mitsu...rformance.html

(check it out)

also the evo mr is supposed to compete with sti and supposed to be about 33k..but your right..it will be marked up like crazy..at my local dealer evo is still marked up by 5k
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast