quick run with an EVO
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on quick run with an EVO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Mods on the EVO from what I could see and hear were... exhaust (probably catless because I saw him shoot ...

quick run with an EVO

Mods on the EVO from what I could see and hear were...
    exhaust (probably catless because I saw him shoot a flame from it)
    HKS BOV I think. (that sound is really easy to pick up on)
    Profec B boost controller.

My mods... 2004 WRX
    COBB reflash
    VF34
    TBE
    IC hoses

Well I pull up next to him as the light was turning green and he see's me and stomps on the gas, I wasnt sure if I was going to play yet but I figured hey what the hell. I hit the gas and catch back up to him, we both hit the gas and in second he pulls about car length or so ahead and I hit 3rd and start pulling him hard and I get about a car and a half or so on him and hit the brakes and he cruises past me and this is when I see the flame shoot from his exhaust, kinda cool. Didnt get a chance to talk to the guy. he turned off pretty quickly. The funny thing is I think he thought he was going to walk me pretty hard and then all the sudden im passing him. I would have liked to go at it again on a more straight road, when I let up on the gas I was going into a very slight turn in the road. I think I would have pulled a little more on him if I would have had a little more space. Overall seemed like a cool guy he was with his girlfriend I think, so maybe she told him to stop.

Finally a little redemption for having my ass handed to me on a platter by the blown c5

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill but he had some weak mods. I'll come to Co. and race ya, I've always wanted to visit there

Originally posted by EVOVIII
    Nice kill but he had some weak mods. I'll come to Co. and race ya, I've always wanted to visit there
    I thought the EVO responded very well to Exhaust and a BC, I know my old GSX did very well on a 16g and catless exhaust and BC, good enough for very low 13's maybe high 12's here. Oh well he still was shocked I think to be beat by a stock looking WRX.

I have a Blown 5.0 and a Turbo B16 waiting for ya here in my garage. hope to see you soon.

Cool. Hope your Rex can keep up with my modded Evo that runs high 11's now

Nice run, it's always nice to be able to beat a respectable car like an EVO even if it does have weak mods.
    Last edited by EIonJess; 05-09-2004 at 09:46 AM.

thought the EVO responded very well to Exhaust and a BC, I know my old GSX did very well on a 16g and catless exhaust and BC, good enough for very low 13's maybe high 12's here. Oh well he still was shocked I think to be beat by a stock looking WRX.

Not as true, notice the "Flame out the rear" making the car VERY RICH, which it is with stock A/F ratios. My Evo had a BLACK rear bumper within a week. A flame is an indication or a rich situation.

The 1st mod I did to my Evo was make it hold 19.5PSI to teh red and then lean it out 17 ****ING PERCENT and I gained 40WHP just like that and teh car woke the **** up. Just an exhaust will add powe,r but you and I both know tuning is KING, and you won this battle, but I will win the war.

MUUUUUUUUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wait till next time
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

Don't need to........ There's enough slightly and fully modified EVO's running around here to school people but its pretty cival here with subi's and Evo's. Everyone respects each other.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

man i feel ya on the black bumper thing.... hell i gotta lean the exhaust almost every day.... good kill man... but watch yaself there are a few quick EVO's out there.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

I got into a race a while back with a silver WRX with oem body kit and custom wheels. I think, he thought he was going to school me but he didnt. I'm an older guy and he was a younger guy. On a roll from a stop light, the guy flew by me then slowed down to see if I would play. I'm game! I was able to line up with him at 20miles in 2nd gear and I was nosing him. 3rd gear and I was still nosing him then we had to slow down immediatly because of up comming traffic. For him to be able to keep up with me, he had to have Turboxs st4 at least. At the time of the race, I didn't have my MBC installed because it was pretty cold and it would spike like crazy. I wanted to see who he was so I posted in Mountain states forum but I guess he didnt want to be known or he didnt want others to know what he's running so he never replied. Oh well, theres fast cars out there!
    2003 Evolution 8
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.

Come down and make a 11 sec pass at Bandi, id love to see your car.

A pissing contest over who's car is FaStAR isnt going to prove anyone to be better, the fact of the matter is you may very well have a fast car and as Greedy pointed out there are lots of fast cars out there, plenty that are faster than yours and mine. The old line that never gets old or goes away is there is always someone faster. Now having said that, I dont have a "fast" WRX go talk to people with built motors running 9's and 10's in there WRX's, those are "fast". I was simply pointing out that the run in that I had with a particular EVO went my way.

No my REX wont keep up with your EVO I never plan on it to. I know what the 4g63 is capapble of its a great motor. I might have gotten an EVO had I not had a GSX for the last 7 years. If I want a drag car ill build one out of something worthy. I have my WRX to have fun with not to keep up with the fastest of fast cars. Its my daily driver for Christ sake. I have other more "capable" cars to beat the hell out of.

Good kill!

Since that race you've obviously proven that there is no EVO on earth that is faster than you

Originally posted by skyjock41
    Good kill!

Since that race you've obviously proven that there is no EVO on earth that is faster than you
    Without doubt, come one come all my WRX is the fastest car EVAR.

11 Second EVO What are youre mods?
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

audirs6 Wrote...

It isn't too hard to make them, the stock Evo head is the Key, it flows better then a 1G DSM head ported, which flows enough to run 10's.

basically just full intake, exhaust, Boost set to like 22-23 PSI and a BIG spike for the launch, 272's, better BOV and proper tuning, I have seen an Evo run an 11.8 @ 118MPH on teh stock turbo, but that is pretty mych maxed for the turbo.
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

Originally posted by audirs6
    Buschur's stage 4 runs 11.6@118+mph. Here in Colorado, with BR's stage 1 some EVO8's are running high 12's-low 13's. Not bad hey!
    2003 Evolution 8
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.