02 wrx vs evo

This is a discussion on 02 wrx vs evo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving down 360 in Austin. I pulled up behind a black evo and got stopped next to him ...

02 wrx vs evo

I was driving down 360 in Austin. I pulled up behind a black evo and got stopped next to him at a red light. It was an older guy so I didnt know if he would be interested or not so i let him jump on me. He probably pulled about a car and a half on me off the line so i launched behind him and immediately pulled a car back. By second gear i was next to him. And by the shift into third i was about a car ahead of him. Then we both shut down and waved.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No offense but he either didnt know how to drive or he wasnt racing you. If you are a stock WRX, it wouldnt have been pretty for you. I have put many lengths on WRX's by 3rd grear when I was stock.

fre
    I call bs unless you have mods. My stage4 vf34 puts out what an evo with exhaust and tune will put out, but a stock evo is like a stage2 rex, so unless you have mods I say no way I did see a nice evo with an AEM on it putting out like 60 more hp than I do 310 whp on a dyno dynamics (400ish) to the crank on the stock turbo, which was nice. I also saw the basic exhaust and tune setups though and they would put out more like 250s whp (330-340ish crank) which is the same as me.
    Last edited by fre; 05-09-2004 at 12:34 AM.

My car is modded I have down pipe, uppipe, intake, and an electronic boost controller set to 17.5 psi. My best track time was a 13.7 at 99

cnk
    I hope you have some engine management as well because at 17.5psi on the stock turbo without more fuel, I'd be very surprised if you weren't detonating already.

Calvin

Originally posted by slowwrx137
    My car is modded I have down pipe, uppipe, intake, and an electronic boost controller set to 17.5 psi. My best track time was a 13.7 at 99
    ummmmmmm........ yeah.........

turn the boost down man!!!

anything over 16psi without managment is going to put you at a LARGE risk for turbo detonation. you are lucky to still even have your turbo working properly. i would turn down that boost and work on your launches. boosting that high doesnt even do much compared to 16psi because the turbo is working so hard to breath.

i say work on your driving because with those mods and that much boost you COULD be running low 13's... go to 15.5psi or get management. even with your mods and boost @ 15.5 you can tick off mid 13's if you get a good launch
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I ran the 13.7 at 16 psi thats what it was at but it spiked to 17.5 and im about to get injectors, rails, and pump. Then probably a vf22 and utec pretty soon.

17.5psi and no EM is risky business man- you're walking on a fence for some serious engine problems if you keep that up.

good luck.
    www.realultimatepower.net

Good job on beating the EVO!
    Please get engine management though and dont run too high of boost. 16.5lbs max on that stock turbo unless your running race gas. I think average stock EVO8 is doing 13.2-13.4 @101-103mph.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

I ran the 13.7 at 16 psi thats what it was at but it spiked to 17.5 and im about to get injectors, rails, and pump. Then probably a vf22 and utec pretty soon.
    And this Ladies and Gentlemen is why you never buy used

you sure the evo was racing?
    Quote Originally Posted by MasiveMunkey
    I have a tauren shaman level 52 on the Tichondrious server.
    Quote Originally Posted by shotguntc88
    Try going without underwear (old hippie day thing that I never got over)

Pee dribbles on your jeans when you park it back in.