2002 Wagon vs 2001 Cougar...Very Funny
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2002 Wagon vs 2001 Cougar...Very Funny within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, my first ever posted kill. I am not usually one to race and if I do I never post...that ...

2002 WRX vs 2001 Cougar...Very Funny

Ok, my first ever posted kill. I am not usually one to race and if I do I never post...that all changed today.

I have owned my Aspen White wagon since Oct of last year. The previous owner had done some suspension work(Eibach's)...Wheels and tires (17's)...A pillar gauges (boost and A/F)..tint etc. but no performance mods.

A little background...I am building a deck around my hot tub in the backyard and needed a few more 2"x4"s so I jump into the Subie and head to the local Rona... It is a beautiful drive thru lumberyard .... I load up 4 perfectly straight 2"x4", pick up a few more screws (the added beauty of the wagon is that a 2"x4"x8' will fit right inside with the seat down) and head back home.

I get out onto the main road and am sitting at the red light... My window was down as it was a beautiful day....as I look in the rearview I see this maniac weaving through traffic coming up behind me... he then jams on his brakes at the last second and ends up in the lane beside me.

It was a newer Ford Cougar, maroon...lowered beyond belief... super loud exhaust ....and he sure wanted everyone to know that....and an even louder stereo.... Behind the wheel was a young pimp wannabe complete with the crooked ballcap and plethora of gold chains.... His buddy, in the passenger seat was decked out in an equally hideous fashion and giving me the stare down.

So, here he sits, throwing revs...his buddy giving me the evil eye and me just smiling away...happy in my own little turbocharged world.

Race 1.

I am still not sure what his intentions where....stupid me, so the light turns he is off wheels squealing....I slip the clutch to get my revs up in first and by the time I am shifting to 2nd I am already a nose ahead, by the top of second I have easily 2 cars on him...then as luck would have it another red light.

Race 2.

Now he seems really pissed and his buddy is talking trash at me.... Light turns, no mistake on the launch...end of second he is waaayyyyy behind so I let off.

Next light he pulls up again...turns down the stereo and his buddy is trying to talk to me...I am not much into the hip-hop lingo but from what I could decipher without a translator I think he wanted to know my mods...so I obliged.

" 2x4's...4 of them....Pressure treated"....and roll away.
    Last edited by scott144; 05-11-2004 at 06:46 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice!

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    haha,good story to go along with you kill.Gotta watch out for those lumber totin wagons.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Haha the 2x4s make it great. I think the greatest ending to a story was amember on here who said"I know you got a good look, Do I have a tail light out?"
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Re: 2002 Wagon vs 2001 Cougar...Very Funny

Originally posted by scott144
    I am not much into the hip- hop type culture but from what I could decipher without a translator I think he wanted to know my mods...so I obliged.

" 2"x4"s...4 of them....Pressure treated"....and roll away.
    Nice!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Registered User silver_rex_4eat's Avatar

nice job

i am31 and not into the street racing scene. I do get a kickout of some of them. I a m like you on occasion some one will roll up and try to test the waters out. I havent really raced anything that i thought was out of my league. jettas and accords and civics seem the regulars taht try around me. I like the wood in the car for mods that is classic.

chris

Originally posted by PolarisSnT
    Haha the 2x4s make it great. I think the greatest ending to a story was amember on here who said"I know you got a good look, Do I have a tail light out?"
    LOL.

Too bad I don't street race, or I'd have to remember that one!
    2004 STi, Java Black Pearl
    www.cardomain.com/id/2004wrxsti

Best ET 4/24/04
    12.38@109

Good job, ya put him in his place!
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.