wrx vs acura tl
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs acura tl within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; im getting my wrx in a week, and my friend who has a 2003 acura tl(last body style),wants to race ...

wrx vs acura tl

im getting my wrx in a week, and my friend who has a 2003 acura tl(last body style),wants to race me, he thinks he is gonna win, it has a 225 hp v6. any one ever race one, i know the wrx will kill it, i just want to know by how much
    2004 PSM sedan - 5 speed
    helix rsb + endlinks/gutted uppipe/whiteline steering rack bushings
    stg II next spring...
    AIM: maxler3
    gutted up pipe for sale - $60 shipped anywhere in the US. pm for details

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Are you buying a new one? If so make sure you break it in, I really babied the hell out of my car until the first 2000 miles. Now after the first oil change, Mobile 1 Snthetic, and a short throw shifter it really feels like a new car.

Now for your question about the Acura. I raced one last weekend and we both about died. However I did have a car on it thanks to a perfect launch and was pulling really hard at the end of 2nd. Right when I hit 3rd WOT a minivan exits a parking lot without ever stopping going about 35 and crosses over 3 lanes of traffic right infront of the guy so I got lucky and saw this happen in about .5 seconds changed lanes and he got his ass over. We where both pretty shook up about it and followed the person to the gas station for some old school ass chewing. Her excuse was she was in a hurry, and she did not see us. Between our two cars there where prolly a total of 8 freakin lights shining all over the place!!

Lesson learned street racing might be dangerous but what is more dangerous good drivers having fun or someone not paying attention and think they own the road cause its a freakin minvan and they are in a hurry.

And for practice just go around killing Donnas *v6 stangs*

But yeah break her in real good and go give it some hell And watch out for freakin minvans!

Staton

race and find out.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

If you "know" It would "kill" a TL, then why are you asking this question? Obviously you have never messed with TL Type-S, nor driven one. In knoxville, the Acura dealer is also the Subaru dealer. Before we bought the TL, we took both out, and the salesman let us do anything to them. We raced them both, and the STi was not really faster at all. They were about dead even with the Acura winning the majority of the time there actully WAS a winner. Assuming your new WRX is the fastest thing in the world, is what causes you to lose races. Having the drive and focus can win you more races, then just knowing you have the HP to win them. After all, just having a capable car, doesnt make you a capabile driver. If you havent looked under the hood of a TL, I think you might be surprised.

I think if you run this car right after you get your WRX you will lose. I think if you run this car a week after you get your WRX, you will tie with it a bit. Lastly I think if you race this car a month after you own your WRX, you will win a few, because honestly winning a race between these two cars will be ALL in the driver.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by The Cyndicate
    We raced them both, and the STi was not really faster at all. They were about dead even with the Acura winning the majority of the time there actully WAS a winner.
    And you're sure we're talking about an Acura TL and an STi here, right? Mmmk, just checking.

A drunk, retarded sloth could beat a TL with an STi.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I beat a TL in this hoopty
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails avahot rod.gif  

Originally posted by Integra96
    A drunk, retarded sloth could beat a TL with an STi.
    roooofl.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

the cyndicate is a total retard and contradicts himself about 20 times in one post..PLEASE BAN THIS GUY....well driven wrx vs well driven tl...wrx will win...and idk if this guy is talking about tl or 3.2 type s...tl has 270 hp not 225...maybe the 03 3.2 tl has 225 not sure

but cyndicate goes on to say a sti is slower than a tl(in his made up hollywood movie story where the dealer let him race two cars)..than goes on to say that a wrx will beat it if driven correctly (which his right about wrx beating tl driven stock)..but the guy also says sti will lose to it and is slower..his one confused kid..must of been dropped on his head or something when he was young

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/acura...rformance.html

(above shows that tl does in range of 14.4-14.8)

edit: okay figured it out...2003 acura 3.2 type s is 260 hp...regular one is 225 hp....

stats on acura tl 2004 whcih is 270 hp not 225...i'm not sure about which one has 225...but if acura its the older 3.2 that has only 225 hp than you will beat it..if you know how to drive..sti will smoke both either way since sti does 13.2-13.4 if launched/driven correctly..also with a stock wrx i wouldn't mess with a tl off a roll

cyndicate no offense but you have a history of posts where you make asbolutely no sense..how old are you?
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 05-08-2004 at 06:15 PM.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

this is entertaining, please continue
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

My friend just got a 2004 3.2 TL with 270hp and a manual tranny and let me tell you, that thing is pretty quick. He let me drive it and the one race I got was against a modded out, newer Eclipse and I smoked the thing. It has some kind of device in it that prevents you from burning out so you cannot get a real good launch with it. Once it gets above 3K RPM, its gets real strong the rest of the way thru the gears and has some nice pull. I think they look pretty nice too when they are loaded.

yeah car is a good car and pulls pretty nicely..i agree with that...i dont have a problem with the car...it would own a wrx off a roll stock on stock..no doubt about it...but the original poster cant be talking about that tl..cause his saying 225 hp..that can only be 3.2 cl..regular one in 2003...also.no problem with car...i just find THE CYNDICATE to be very annoying and misinformd
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

If you "know" It would "kill" a TL, then why are you asking this question? Obviously you have never messed with TL Type-S, nor driven one. In knoxville, the Acura dealer is also the Subaru dealer. Before we bought the TL, we took both out, and the salesman let us do anything to them. We raced them both, and the STi was not really faster at all. They were about dead even with the Acura winning the majority of the time there actully WAS a winner. Assuming your new WRX is the fastest thing in the world, is what causes you to lose races. Having the drive and focus can win you more races, then just knowing you have the HP to win them. After all, just having a capable car, doesnt make you a capabile driver. If you havent looked under the hood of a TL, I think you might be surprised.

I think if you run this car right after you get your WRX you will lose. I think if you run this car a week after you get your WRX, you will tie with it a bit. Lastly I think if you race this car a month after you own your WRX, you will win a few, because honestly winning a race between these two cars will be ALL in the driver.
    actually, i have been a passenger, but not for anytimes that he pushed the car, therefore i would not know how it pulls, second of all, what are u thinking, for you to criticize me for asking a question, and then to make a complete fool out of your self. third of all, for your comment about the engines, the regular TL he has is a 3.2 liter v6 w/ 225 hp. that puts it at a power to weight ratio of 70 hp/liter. which is by absolutely no means an impressive engine. the wrx on the other hand has 113.5 hp/liter. and don't even bother w/ the sti which has 120 hp/liter. the 911 turbo has 115. the sti has a more efficient engine than a porsche 911 turbo motor. the TL is a regular mid luxury v6 connected to a slushbox. and for your reeason as to why i asked this question, i know i will win, i was just curious to see if any one had this same race. and the car will be fully broken in by the time
    2004 PSM sedan - 5 speed
    helix rsb + endlinks/gutted uppipe/whiteline steering rack bushings
    stg II next spring...
    AIM: maxler3
    gutted up pipe for sale - $60 shipped anywhere in the US. pm for details

the point is, if you have a new 2004 acura tl against a 2004 subaru sti, if the sti driver understands apples from oranges, then the acura is losing.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq

Keep on believing that. When you run up against a TL Type-R, and get your ass SMOKED, make sure you make up some 'bull****' story to tell everyone how you won. So with your Logic, the WRX can beat the 911 turbo right? WRONG. I wasnt insulting ANYONE before, I was being balenced and fair. But because I didnt come out and say, "The WRX will kill the Acura" I got slammed.
    Well I guess it is time for a reality check. The TL Type-R, will KILL that puny WRX. It will lift its leg, and PISS on your econo ****box. Both in top end, AND take off. Look at the engine, put two and two together(thats 4 for the idiots who cant figure that out).

Keep on believing that. When you run up against a TL Type-R, and get your ass SMOKED, make sure you make up some 'bull****' story to tell everyone how you won. So with your Logic, the WRX can beat the 911 turbo right? WRONG. I wasnt insulting ANYONE before, I was being balenced and fair. But because I didnt come out and say, "The WRX will kill the Acura" I got slammed.
    Well I guess it is time for a reality check. The TL Type-R, will KILL that puny WRX. It will lift its leg, and PISS on your econo ****box. Both in top end, AND take off. Look at the engine, put two and two together(thats 4 for the idiots who cant figure that out).
    I'm stock 03' WRX and I bet I could smoke you in your girlie car.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast