wrx vs acura tl - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs acura tl within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by The Cyndicate Anyone who believes that a quartermile time will make you win on the streets, I ...

Originally posted by The Cyndicate
    Anyone who believes that a quartermile time will make you win on the streets, I will be happy to take your money. Its the 0-100 time that best helps predict a street race, along with the from a roll times.
    Shouldn't we wait till your old enough to get your license.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Anyone who believes that a quartermile time will make you win on the streets, I will be happy to take your money. Its the 0-100 time that best helps predict a street race, along with the from a roll times.
    It all depends on your definition of a street race... Races for money typically have an agreed upon start and finish line.

Riddle me this, then, batgirl: Let's compare two vehicles, like a WRX and SRT-4. The times and #'s listed below are merely used as an example and should only be considered as such.

Vehicle A does the 1/4 mile at the track in 14.1 at 94 mph, but doesn't reach 100 mph until 15.5 seconds.
    Vehicle B does the 1/4 mile at the track in 14.5 at 98 mph. and reaches 100 mph in 15.00 seconds.

Which vehicle wins the race to the finish line? Vehicle A crosses the line 1st, despite Vehicle B coming on strong and having a faster "0-100" time. Welcome to the world of all wheel drive, or just being able to out 60 foot your competitor with sticky tires and good traction.

Racing from a roll is entertaining, but I doubt you'll make any money that way, since it's hard to negotiate with the guy on the freeway next to you when you are doing 70 mph. Vehicle B would win from a roll, however, if that makes you happy in your Biker Girlz world. And you're only making street racing money on your 'busa, not in your Acura...

also while were talking street races...let me explain something 2 u cyndi..we have AWD ....on the worst street we still have better traction than your momz acura ever will...awd on the street is even more affective..we always got traction..and even if the car is a .1 or .2 faster on the track...just remember that's a prepped track vs a street race on a random street..we still will win..now go back 2 ur rag cyndi
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Why don't you just come to some senses and admit that your wrong? Instead, your making a fool out of yourself for us to laugh at by trying to be smart (which your not). Go post some where else because we are all tired of laughing at you.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Will someone PALEEEAASE just **** this guy up already and set up a race. GET OVER IT. It's not even about who will win or lose 'on the street,' hell you could juice the crap out of your TL for all I care and run 12's with it....that's about all it will do besides hold 5 asses. What does racing straight prove? Well, that you're good at mashing your gas pedal bud. By the time you hit 100 in the TL, you'll see my tailights heading for the canyon twisties...see if you can hang then. I said it before and I'll say it again, I've raced my mother's TL Type S from a 60mph roll...not even close, and that's even letting it have the jump start. I pulled 2 cars just by topping out third, from then on the gap became larger quickly. The TL is quick FOR WHAT IT IS, I'll give it that, and I love the car as a commuter, but there's now way it'll hold 'its own'(NOT EVEN CLOSE) against an STi from stop, roll., anything.

Yah and anything can happen on the streets right, what are you going to do put the shifter in the SportShift gate? Come on now, I know Subaru's aren't the fastest cars in the world but you won't see me pulling the "yah but anything can happen on the Streets" BS to a Ferrari Enzo owner...

-Matt
    Matt
    2004 STi SZ55'd w/ TiAL 44mm EWG
    Harman Motive ProTuned Accessport
    375whp/383wtq on pump 91
    400whp/400wtq on 95

i think we made cyndi cry

since you used specific numbers, i'll go ahead and say specifically you are the most idiotic person on this board to date.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

look cyndi i got some real stats for u...look ..the car is in question is the 2003 acura 3.2 ..the 225 version of it..but i'll even give u the type s version here..the 260 hp version ...0-140 ur precious 3.2 would get owned by a wrx STOCK ON STOCK

0-140 for 3.2 is 54.59

for wrx its 52.70 ..u dont believe me??? here is actual proof not something i made up

http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...?ID1=194&ID2=3

and obviously quarter mile u would get OWN3d also...and btw that's just the wrx..now imma post some STI numbers so u can take ur fake races and go shove it up ur A$$ or ***** ..whichever u prefer

first of all...sti does 0-100 in 12.49 seconds while the tl does it in 16.31 ...also look at the quarter mile times and CRY..and if u wanna race till 140 since that thing has the 3.2 tl only listed till 140...sti does that in 33 seconds while the 3.2 tl does it in 54..i would reachh 140 and have enough time 2 have a coffee break b4 ur precious 3.2 tl arrived
    (well i dont have an sti..but an sti driver would)

here is the proof

http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...D1=194&ID2=169

cyndi you off ur rag yet?? are you thinking straight now??

man this is the best thread ever...

i think we are being too mean to cyndi...

just let her win
    so we get another good thread out of her..
    "All the auto WRXs I've driven (alot, I work at a dealership) give me enough time to make a peanut butter and jelly sammich before they hit boost." - Rancid

SQC 120

You guys still picking on Cyndi? She needs to go to school at 8 am. that is why she doesn't read the articles before she posts and that is why she avoids awd posts. She needs to go to chorus practice after school so she can brush up on her singing. Cause it ain't over till the fat lady sings.... right? What gets me is how she did 239 km/hr on her Busa . sorry for the hijack. Hey mods. will this cause me to get banned? I promise I won't do it again. Or until Cyndi starts making sense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cyndicate View Post
    If you "know" It would "kill" a TL, then why are you asking this question? Obviously you have never messed with TL Type-S, nor driven one. In knoxville, the Acura dealer is also the Subaru dealer. Before we bought the TL, we took both out, and the salesman let us do anything to them. We raced them both, and the STi was not really faster at all. They were about dead even with the Acura winning the majority of the time there actully WAS a winner. Assuming your new WRX is the fastest thing in the world, is what causes you to lose races. Having the drive and focus can win you more races, then just knowing you have the HP to win them. After all, just having a capable car, doesnt make you a capabile driver. If you havent looked under the hood of a TL, I think you might be surprised.

I think if you run this car right after you get your WRX you will lose. I think if you run this car a week after you get your WRX, you will tie with it a bit. Lastly I think if you race this car a month after you own your WRX, you will win a few, because honestly winning a race between these two cars will be ALL in the driver.
    I own a '03 TL Type-S, and as much I love my car that was just Get a clue.

whoa my aplogizes for pulling this thread up I was just doing a bit of search

I Support ClubWRX
    Hilarious thread bump.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by wrxwex View Post
    im getting my wrx in a week, and my friend who has a 2003 acura tl(last body style),wants to race me, he thinks he is gonna win, it has a 225 hp v6. any one ever race one, i know the wrx will kill it, i just want to know by how much
    so you two assclowns followed a lady in a minivan to a gas station to chew her out for pulling in front of two cars that were going way faster than they should have been to yell at HER? and shes the dumb one? i dont rag on street racing, its fun and theres not always a track to be found. but cmon, you were obviously racing on road with a speed limit around 45 since it was a freeway and she prob saw you two and figured you were going the speed limit and she had time to make it. sure she should have judged the speed better but it sounds like u two were the only ones doing anything illegal unless there was a sign telling her no left turns . if u break into someone's house and the police show up and u barely get away, are u going to find the homeowner to tell them their house was a bit chilly?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cyndicate View Post
    I said the cars are pretty even, and that it would be a drivers race. You guys just want someone to yank your ****, and tell you you have the biggest cock.
    we have Mrs. Cyndicate to tell us that, der.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast