wrx vs acura tl - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs acura tl within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; your a retard the cyndicate..the freakn 270hp tl runs slower than wrx..how the hell is a 225 hp older acura ...

your a retard the cyndicate..the freakn 270hp tl runs slower than wrx..how the hell is a 225 hp older acura 3.2 gonna keep up with a rex..quarter mile wrx will SMOKE ur little acura..if it was a type s with the 260 hp..than it would be a good race..your not even talking about the right car ..also HEY CYNDICATE...why do you keep ignoring me on every post you make with your retarded stupid ideas..why do ignore my answers??? everyone knows your about 16 years old @ most with no idea about anything...your the same idiot that said a twin turbo nsx isn't fast...some mod read his sh!T and ban the cyndicate
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by The Cyndicate
    When you run up against a TL Type-R.

I love this guy. I vote we keep him.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Keep on believing that. When you run up against a TL Type-R, and get your ass SMOKED, make sure you make up some 'bull****' story to tell everyone how you won. So with your Logic, the WRX can beat the 911 turbo right? WRONG. I wasnt insulting ANYONE before, I was being balenced and fair. But because I didnt come out and say, "The WRX will kill the Acura" I got slammed.
    Well I guess it is time for a reality check. The TL Type-R, will KILL that puny WRX. It will lift its leg, and PISS on your econo ****box. Both in top end, AND take off. Look at the engine, put two and two together(thats 4 for the idiots who cant figure that out).
    no such thing as a TL type R

i believe you are referring to the TL-s

Well, it seems no one here has really answered this guys questions.
    so i will.. I have MUCH experience with these cars.. my grandpa has owned both TL-s and TL

the 225hp 03' version you are referring to is not a very quick car.... it had good pick up but lacks torque. it has a 5speed auto trans which allows it to scoot around at high speed, but still no competition for a manual WRX. i estimate that from stop (1/4 mile) you will pull between 5-7 cars.
    from a higher roll it will be more down to about 2 or so and maybe 3.

just for fun, i will post the scenario of the other TL's.

the type S auto will will hang pretty close from a roll and edge out a stock rex. from 1/4 stop you can pull a few cars on it.

type S 6speed MT will run pretty close with a wrx from a stop but not enough to beat it.. the rex will probably pull 1-2 cars on it.
    from a roll the 6speed TL will put a few cars on a stock wrx and it will get MUCH worse the faster you go.

the new TL 6speed (04') will run right with a stock wrx from a stop and walk it HARD from a roll. the very well geared trans and its V-6 vtec allows it to be quite good from a roll.

**all scenario's were assuming both cars are well maintained with competent/good drivers**
    Last edited by DTR rex; 05-09-2004 at 02:40 PM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

great post dtr maxima...everything is well said

PETITION to BAN THE CYNDICATE go on this thread and give your thoughts

http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread...threadid=63307

Originally posted by Integra96

A drunk, retarded sloth could beat a TL with an STi.
    wtf is this guy thinking, great comment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sloth.jpg  

Just for the record.

Acura TL(NON Type-S)
    Zero to 60 mph 6.0 sec
    Zero to 100 mph: 15.7 sec

WRX
    Zero to 60 mph 5.9 sec
    Zero to 100 mph 17.5 sec

WRX STi
    Zero to 60 mph 5.9 sec
    Zero to 100 mph 17.3 sec

So next you are gona tell me, you only race to 60, right? These numbers are from car and driver. I dont care who is driving, 2 full seconds is a long time in 0-100.

Type-R was a slip, and I didnt go back and edit it. I leave most mistakes up, cause I am not on here to be fake, or to cover **** up. The car in the Picture is a 2003 TL Type-S. Like I said before, I raced both a normal WRX, and a Normal STi. Most of the times, the cars would be neck and neck. But when you got to around 90mph, the Acura takes off and leaves either one. Thats why we bought the TL.

Keep on believing that. When you run up against a TL Type-R, and get your ass SMOKED, make sure you make up some 'bull****' story to tell everyone how you won. So with your Logic, the WRX can beat the 911 turbo right? WRONG. I wasnt insulting ANYONE before, I was being balenced and fair. But because I didnt come out and say, "The WRX will kill the Acura" I got slammed.
    Well I guess it is time for a reality check. The TL Type-R, will KILL that puny WRX. It will lift its leg, and PISS on your econo ****box. Both in top end, AND take off. Look at the engine, put two and two together(thats 4 for the idiots who cant figure that out).
    bhahahhaha.... tl type r????? hahahahahhaaa
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

BTW, how many tranny are you on now? I used to own a J30 engine and I know how these cars are man. Some people are on their third tranny....

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    no such thing as a TL type R

i believe you are referring to the TL-s

Well, it seems no one here has really answered this guys questions.
    so i will.. I have MUCH experience with these cars.. my grandpa has owned both TL-s and TL

the 225hp 03' version you are referring to is not a very quick car.... it had good pick up but lacks torque. it has a 5speed auto trans which allows it to scoot around at high speed, but still no competition for a manual WRX. i estimate that from stop (1/4 mile) you will pull between 5-7 cars.
    from a higher roll it will be more down to about 2 or so and maybe 3.

just for fun, i will post the scenario of the other TL's.

the type S auto will will hang pretty close from a roll and edge out a stock rex. from 1/4 stop you can pull a few cars on it.

type S 6speed MT will run pretty close with a wrx from a stop but not enough to beat it.. the rex will probably pull 1-2 cars on it.
    from a roll the 6speed TL will put a few cars on a stock wrx and it will get MUCH worse the faster you go.

the new TL 6speed (04') will run right with a stock wrx from a stop and walk it HARD from a roll. the very well geared trans and its V-6 vtec allows it to be quite good from a roll.

**all scenario's were assuming both cars are well maintained with competent/good drivers**
    this is what you called a correct arguement... good info for people who thinks their tl-s can hang with sti.... haha

someone look at the numbers this idiot posted...wrx and sti do 0-60 in the same time wow

It seems that Cyndicate knows very little about cars, including his own (or his parent's), and especially the WRX and STi.

I believe that everyone "in the know" about Subarus would agree that a stock WRX will run very low 14-second quarter mile times at 95-97MPH. A stock STi will run very low 13-second quarter mile times at 102-104MPH.

Some of the best examples of stock WRX's and STi's will crack 13-second and 12-second quarter mile times, respectively.

As such, given either Subaru in a quarter mile race, the 2004 TL should lose. From a roll, however, only the STi should prevail against the TL, as the WRX's long fourth gear, transmission losses, and aerodynamic inefficiencies impair it's power to weight ratio.

With any non-2004 TL, the situation for Subaru improves.

In any case, Cydicate is misinformed at best - where did he find those numbers he posted - certainly not C&D...

he doesnt get them from anywhere..he just makes it up..that's why mods should take a look at his posts and realize this kid cant be old enought to even drive.

btw the car in question wasnt even a acura tl...it was the 2003 acura 3.2 tl...(non type s version) which only has 225 hp..the 2004 ACURA TL is a very respectable car...very awesome car that does 1/4 mile in mid to high 14's (would still lose to wrx of sti off launch) but would destroy stock wrx off roll.

stock WRX isn't very impressive from a roll... well driven stock WRX traps around 93-95mph, which can be beaten by lightly modded GTS or RSX Type-S.

yeah..stock gti also does well against wrx off a roll

but that problem can be fixed with less than 500 dollars spent..i spent 150 on my uppipe 150 on downpipe and 60 for mbc..and its a lot more fun now
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 05-09-2004 at 06:38 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast