wagonrex vs integra type R
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on wagonrex vs integra type R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well, don't know how i did with my 4eat, but here's my story: i'm doing 45-50 on a main road ...

wagonrex vs integra type R

well, don't know how i did with my 4eat, but here's my story:

i'm doing 45-50 on a main road when all of a sudden i see a yellow car pass me and cut in front of me - yellow integra type R.
    i guess he was edging me on a little bit since he was stalling in front of me and then speeding off - repeating the process several times. finally, up ahead, the stoplight turns red. the integra switches lanes, probably to line up and race. no choice for me.
    so we're sitting at the light. integra revs his exhaust, and i just sit there listening. and waiting. i figured this guy would want to go on a roll, so when the light turns green, i don't launch and neither does he. we're rolling side by side up until 35-40mph when he starts reving again - this time, i knew it was on. i get ready and downshift to 3. he punches it and immediately jumps about half a car length on me. i go WOT and the wrx downshifts and then shifts to 3, and i pull on him and put about 2 car lengths up until 90 when he starts pulling on me and then i shut down while he passes doing 90 or 100 something. the integra then takes the exit for the interstate while i go along my business.

does this sound right? i don't know what mods the integra had, but my car should pull on a stock type r right? and maybe even a turbo'd one? i am currently running cobb stage 2 accessport with a bosal downpipe and borla hush catback.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I would expect a AT wrx with a flash to run right with a stock gsr...and probaly even a stock Type r. Of course he pulled on top end once he hit his power band and your turbo starting pooping out less air, but stock against you I'd think that is the outcome. If he was modded (not to mention turbo) I think he could probaly pull on you. Torque is where those cars lose, but with a turbo I think he'd probaly walk you easily.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Story sounds about right. Just don't expect the same outcome against other hondas that are putting out more torque. I learned that the hard way

The stock turbo goes flat around the mid 5k range, and thats usually where that start gaining on us auto's because of the tall gearing. Time for a VF22!
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Tall gearing is great for top speed runs, no? At 90 in 3rd youd be doing about 5000 rpms. I ran against a yellow type R from 20-about 100....basically the same story as anthonys. I was about 6 cars ahead at 100 when I stopped, but wasnt gaining any or losing any. I dont see why a 220whp car should lose to a 180 crank hp car regardless of the vtec....

Brandon
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

looking to upgrade to a vf30 or vf34 next ( cobb stage 3 ).
    what would be better for my 4eat? i'm looking for good mid to high end power. with this setup, should i be able to KILL the integra type R? i have much respect for hondas, except for some of the drivers who act so cocky.

IMO the best turbo for the 4eat is the vf29. Very quick stock like spool, more low end and midrange as well as much better top end than stock. Verdugo (sp?) recently put one in his 4eat and he is happy with the results. Check with him about it.
    IF youre only picking from vf30 or vf34, I would pick the 34.....I think it uses a different type of bearings to spool faster, and theres a different compressor housing maybe.

Brandon
    MY MODS

Thats correct, the VF34 uses ball bearing which supposed to allow better spooling and reliabilty. I thought Verdugo had a VF22?
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Yes I thought it had better spool...
    AsianWRX:

Verdugo's turbo- http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread...highlight=vf29

Brandon
    MY MODS

Re: wagonrex vs integra type R

Originally posted by anthonyrb98
    well, don't know how i did with my 4eat, but here's my story:

i'm doing 45-50 on a main road when all of a sudden i see a yellow car pass me and cut in front of me - yellow integra type R.
    i guess he was edging me on a little bit since he was stalling in front of me and then speeding off - repeating the process several times. finally, up ahead, the stoplight turns red. the integra switches lanes, probably to line up and race. no choice for me.
    so we're sitting at the light. integra revs his exhaust, and i just sit there listening. and waiting. i figured this guy would want to go on a roll, so when the light turns green, i don't launch and neither does he. we're rolling side by side up until 35-40mph when he starts reving again - this time, i knew it was on. i get ready and downshift to 3. he punches it and immediately jumps about half a car length on me. i go WOT and the wrx downshifts and then shifts to 3, and i pull on him and put about 2 car lengths up until 90 when he starts pulling on me and then i shut down while he passes doing 90 or 100 something. the integra then takes the exit for the interstate while i go along my business.

does this sound right? i don't know what mods the integra had, but my car should pull on a stock type r right? and maybe even a turbo'd one? i am currently running cobb stage 2 accessport with a bosal downpipe and borla hush catback.
    this sounds about right... with your mods he would have continued to pull on you the faster you went. since your auto with those mods he probably was stock or very near it.. i/e at most.

if he was turbo you wouldnt even see his car after a 10sec.. lol.
    you would have beat up on him pretty badly from a stop though.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

how would i have done if i had a vf30 or vf34 w/ supporting mods?

does the 4eat perform well from a roll with these turbos?

verd went with the vf29 afaik, nod.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

What would have been the outcome if they had gone form a dig? I know the Rex would have taken him out of the hole but in the long run would the Type-R pass the around 100 or higher?
    Perrin short ram, Perrin Uppie, Perrin inlet hose, Perrin IC hoses, Cobb AP stage 2, MRT 3' turbo back, AMP boost controller @ 15.5psi, Freedom design front strut tower bar, Cuses Rear Strut tower Bar, KYB Adj Shocks, Eiback Springs, Perrin Rear sway bar, and links, 17' OZ Crono Evolution(17.5 lbs) W/ BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW 2

Besides you can get a VF34 for very very cheap these days ( $699 ) if you look at the right websites...

I remember VF34 when I first got the WRX. It used to be about $1300. For that kinda cash now we can have the VF34 ported, polished and ceramic coated and spooling even before stock
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

Originally posted by BrandonWRX
    Tall gearing is great for top speed runs, no? At 90 in 3rd youd be doing about 5000 rpms. I ran against a yellow type R from 20-about 100....basically the same story as anthonys. I was about 6 cars ahead at 100 when I stopped, but wasnt gaining any or losing any. I dont see why a 220whp car should lose to a 180 crank hp car regardless of the vtec....

Brandon
    180crank hp? Nope, its 195 crank horsepower I believe. And he probably has better gearing and they are top end cars.

So this sounds about right.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by smokey
    180crank hp? Nope, its 195 crank horsepower I believe. And he probably has better gearing and they are top end cars.

So this sounds about right.
    Correct,195 hp.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast