Fastest Wagon in the USA?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Fastest Wagon in the USA? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So is the factory WRX Wagon the fastest from 0-60 and/or in the 1/4 mile? From what I can find, ...

Fastest Wagon in the USA?

So is the factory WRX Wagon the fastest from 0-60 and/or in the 1/4 mile? From what I can find, the Audi S6 Avant is the closest at 6.5sec 0-60 and 14.9 in the 1/4. I wonder if an old Ford, Chevy or Chrysler might be faster. Big sleds with big motors.
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hang on 'til the Audi RS6 Avant comes in the fall. The 4.2L plust the bi-turbo from the six, putting out 375 HP, IIRC, and 325 Ft/Lbs.

Oh, and almost $80K

Then There was the 380 HP RS4 Avante, but that wasn't available here. Was the M3 ever available in the Sportwagen configuration? I don't think so, but not sure.

The old big sleds with big motors also had big tonnage! Nothing from the factory came close to being able to haul those things around. Chevy Nomad might be an exception. What was the big motor option in that? Or could you classify the AMX as a wagon. Wasn't there a 5 door?

Can't think of anything else currently available in our performance range, unless there was some weird exotic like that Lambo 450 HP 4WD from the early '80s.

Just some random ramblings,
    Seve

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

Forget the Lambo 4x4. It weighed nearly 8000lbs. 0-60 in about 8 seconds. The cool thing was that it did 0-60 in 8 seconds in sand also.

Closest thing here in U.S. that I know about is BMW 540 wagon. Wrx will be quicker to 60, but slower to 100.
    2002 Platinum Silver Rex

BMW 540 wagon
    Don't flame. Be nice

I Support ClubWRX
    You mean this Lambo

I saw one in person going up Edgewood Road in Redwood City when they first came out.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1986_lamborghini_lm002-1.jpg  

the Audi RS6 is actually pushing out 450hp and 413lb/ft of torque.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh

shield your eyes that lambo is hiddious . what about the m coupe thats kidda wagony
    99 m3

ecis cai
    jtd underpanel
    bridgestone S03's
    more to come!

Originally posted by bingo
    BMW 540 wagon
    Data I have found: 0-60 in 6.3 sec. Might not be absolute.

Howdie!!!

I am brand new, and hoped to introduce myself first.....

The RS6 will be looking at 0-100 km/hr of 4.8, which is a 0-60 mph time of 4.5/4.6!!!

I think you guys are overlooking the S4 avant as well. Times for that 0-60 are high 5's...
    00 A4 1.8tqm..GIAC, exhaust, dv, intake, suspension, UUC, etc.

......the enemy of my enemy is my friend

Originally posted by idrquattro
    Howdie!!!

I am brand new, and hoped to introduce myself first.....

The RS6 will be looking at 0-100 km/hr of 4.8, which is a 0-60 mph time of 4.5/4.6!!!

I think you guys are overlooking the S4 avant as well. Times for that 0-60 are high 5's...
    5.8 for the S4, maybe a little less for the WRX?

I did clairify my post "in the USA", in know the rest of the world gets the good chit.

And when the RS6 hits the shores at $85,000+ I will have to get me two, one for during the week and one for the weekends.
    Last edited by JTREX; 07-12-2002 at 01:42 PM.

yeah, I was thinking about a wagon and a sedan, you know one for the mountains and skiing, and one for the city.......
    00 A4 1.8tqm..GIAC, exhaust, dv, intake, suspension, UUC, etc.

......the enemy of my enemy is my friend

I've heard lamborghini is working out a new SUV based vehicle, but havn't seen or heard ANYTHING about details. Don't know if will be very fast or not.
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.