Two for one deal!

This is a discussion on Two for one deal! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced a SER SpecV and a 350Z both from a dig. The first race was this past sunday night ...

Two for one deal!

I raced a SER SpecV and a 350Z both from a dig.

The first race was this past sunday night against the SER. This very good looking girl that I work with just got herself a new Nissan and wanted to race my new 04 rex. We lined up and went on three honks. I bog down pretty bad but still beat her out of the hole. She pulled a little until we hit second and then it was over. I had several car lengths by the end.

She pulls up next to me at the next light and the first words out of her mouth are, "I want to do it again". So we circle back around and line up once more. I made her honk 3 times for the first race and she wanted me to honk for the second. So I got it in gear and sitting at about 3500 rpms, HONK HONK HONK... STALL. She goes about 20 feet and realizes that I'm stopped behind her so she stops and backs up. (I can't drive) I told her that I wasn't ready and we tried again.

The last time I made my friend get out and drop his hands to start the race. She kills me out of the hole but my WRX is still too much car for the SER (even with me driving), I have a car length or two by the end of the race.

Well those races were both caught on video and they got around my little group of friends. So my other friend, with the brand new 350Z, decides that he wants to race me (looking for an easy kill I guess). I tried to back out but there wasn't any saying no to this guy. We line up in the same place as before only a few days later.

This time I had a trick up my little sleeve. I had figured out how to launch my rex (without stalling it). Not perfect but enough to let him get a good view of both of my tail lights at the start of the race. He passed me once we hit third gear and ended the race with my headlights even with his taillights. It was a very good race.

I will post the videos once I figure out how and where I can host them.
    "This is my body. And I can do whatever I want to it. I can push it. Study it. Tweak it. Listen to it. Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?"
    ~Lance Armstrong~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm glad you were able to pull a win out of the first race... because you probably would have NEVER heard the end of that if you lost. I think all your friends and family would have disowned you

At least you pulled your shlt together for the second race. The 350z is a good opponent for a stock wrx from a stop. From a roll you would probably have gotten toasted. Now you'll have more motivation to mod your car and practice launching so you can beat that fella.

Nice runs
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Nice Kill... with a little bit of practice you could probably edge out the 350z. But in all honesty the WRX has probably one of the trickiest clutches to master IMO. I've been driving stick for the last 7yrs and I still wind up bogging my STi down. So with a little practice you'll be just fine