S15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on S15 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on my way home from a friends house getting onto 287 South and the car behind me was ...

I Support ClubWRX

S15

I was on my way home from a friends house getting onto 287 South and the car behind me was right on my tail on the ramp. When th ramp hit the roadway, he sliced over to the left and punched it. I didn't see until he was beside me that it was a 240sx with the S15 frontend (i think it was the S15... it was JDM regardless). He paces next to me and decides to let his BOV go off a couple of times. As soon as I hear it, I realize that he prob has an sr20det and he wants to run. I let him know I'm game...

So we're going about 65mph and I'm in third... he gives the three finger countdown. at one we go.... Dead even.... I mean dead even up to about 125. We could have held hands out the window thats how little either of us pulled. I pulled ahead ever so slightly on a shift, and then he got it back when I shifted. I don't think he was expecting me to keep up judging by the confused look on his face. Then the fun started. We were both getting off on Route 1 and for anyone who knows the ramp, it's a really curvy off ramp. I pulled in front of him on the ramp and went hard. I take the ramp almost daily so I can hit my spots on there at will going pretty fast. Apparently does he because he stayed right on me. I got a rearview look at some nice drifting action from him. When we got on route 1 we caught a light real quick. We went through the usual pleasantries... apparently he had some Tein coilovers and an sr20det.

It was a great race and a reat little show of skill on the ramp. I've never raced another higly modded Japanese car before and it was definitely a good time (usually just domestics and kraut rockets)
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like an awesome race. Rare car 2. I heard the sr20det can't pass emissions, is that tru? U guys should have held hands that woulda been tite, haha. Nice ride man. Question have u ever run a mkiv supra or 3 gen rx7? If yes how did u do?
    TB, MBC, STI gearset, *Team WRB Sedan*

350Z

Good run Steve, I know the ramp very well, it is a nasty bastard.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Originally posted by Ottomatic
    Sounds like an awesome race. Rare car 2. I heard the sr20det can't pass emissions, is that tru? U guys should have held hands that woulda been tite, haha. Nice ride man. Question have u ever run a mkiv supra or 3 gen rx7? If yes how did u do?
    yes, its true the sr20 will not pass emissions... then again with the right amount of money, anything is possible... same goes with the RB2*

i'd also like to note that it is possible that it wasn't even a real s15 but more of just a front-end conversion... they are WAY too common to not be done... i've seen them done on just about everything (sadly)... s13s,s14(a)s, 180s, integras and a bunch of other honda cars...

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Ottomatic
    I ran an rx7 on the highway a little while ago and beat him pretty comfortably... Ironically in that same trip I ran into a MKIV supra that totally totally roasted me. I was actually amused at how badly he smoked me... when I caught up to him he saw me laughing hysterically and followed suit. I think he realized how honored I felt to get smoked by a car that fast! lol
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by EvilCerealBoX
    i'd also like to note that it is possible that it wasn't even a real s15 but more of just a front-end conversion... they are WAY too common to not be done... i've seen them done on just about everything (sadly)... s13s,s14(a)s, 180s, integras and a bunch of other honda cars...
    I know it probably wasn't a real S15 and I think most people would know that as well. It was a 240sx with a whole S15 front end swap with engine and all....
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

He must have had a bigger turbo or some major mods to hang with you. I have a buddy who has a 240sx with the s14 conversion and sr20 motor and he only runs mid to low 14's. And his buddy has the same car and runs a high 13. So i am curious to what else he had done to his car.

Whoa

Nice run, i'd love to have an S15
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Originally posted by wssboard18
    He must have had a bigger turbo or some major mods to hang with you. I have a buddy who has a 240sx with the s14 conversion and sr20 motor and he only runs mid to low 14's. And his buddy has the same car and runs a high 13. So i am curious to what else he had done to his car.
    He probably has an sr20 with a turbo swap, or the stocker on lots of boost. Gotta remember that the 240 is rwd and very light, so he doesnt need as much hp to keep up, esp from a roll. Then again, if he has some exhaust and tuning on the stock sr20 he might keep up, never know.
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by BassMan097
    He probably has an sr20 with a turbo swap, or the stocker on lots of boost. Gotta remember that the 240 is rwd and very light, so he doesnt need as much hp to keep up, esp from a roll. Then again, if he has some exhaust and tuning on the stock sr20 he might keep up, never know.
    Yup. I think the car weighs 2800lbs which is a huge weight advantage, and at highway speeds rwd was also helping him out. I have no doubt that he wasn't on the stock turbo though, I heard something making lots of noise under his hood!

After seeing that thing move, I think I may know what my next project will be....
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

Even stock 240sx's take corners fast well. My brother has one and I can take it around a 45 mph s corner at 95 mph at the apex's, but i can only do it at 85 in my wrx. Sure I can kick its ass out of the corner but it doesn't sway much at all like my stock wrx does. can't wait to try it on my 17's

BTW- he tried taking the corner at 96 cause he was with me when i did it at 95 and he ended up loosing control and whipping ****ties in the middle of the road.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Sounds like a great race! Not everyday that you get to race a sweet jdm turbo car like that. My friend got a 240sx a little while back and plans on swapping in the sr20. A friend of his has done it but it's really in need of a tune.

awesome race steve. love that rt 1 off ramp. pity we can never drift
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Shiju
    awesome race steve. love that rt 1 off ramp. pity we can never drift
    I wasn't drifting, but there was definitely some powersliding and tire squealing involved... I rarely get my Yokos to break loose but I was going 9.5/10 on that ramp and so was he!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

if you do do that swap... becareful with the boost, and get the sleeves checked out before you start doing any modding... sr20 cylinder walls are thinner than most cars and do not take alot of boost...

for example: my friend's cousin had a 240sx with an s13 front end conversion and an sr20 swap... he ended up blowing the block, and he only had stock boost too... so... there ya go

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast