S15 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on S15 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by EvilCerealBoX if you do do that swap... becareful with the boost, and get the sleeves checked out ...

Originally posted by EvilCerealBoX
    if you do do that swap... becareful with the boost, and get the sleeves checked out before you start doing any modding... sr20 cylinder walls are thinner than most cars and do not take alot of boost...

for example: my friend's cousin had a 240sx with an s13 front end conversion and an sr20 swap... he ended up blowing the block, and he only had stock boost too... so... there ya go
    If you read some of the 240sx community posts you will realize that your statement is not true with regard to the SR not taking well to boost. Stock bottom SRs with PROPER TUNING have reached 500+rwhp. Hardly a weak block.

On the otherhand, oil starvation due to a dented oil pan killed many an SR20. To blow an SR20 at stock boost means oil problem or fuel delivery problem. Not the thin block.

Keep in mind these motors are used and taken from junked cars. They have been through alot before they even reach our shores.

To the original poster, nice run.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Zen S14
    If you read some of the 240sx community posts you will realize that your statement is not true with regard to the SR not taking well to boost. Stock bottom SRs with PROPER TUNING have reached 500+rwhp. Hardly a weak block.

On the otherhand, oil starvation due to a dented oil pan killed many an SR20. To blow an SR20 at stock boost means oil problem or fuel delivery problem. Not the thin block.

Keep in mind these motors are used and taken from junked cars. They have been through alot before they even reach our shores.

To the original poster, nice run.

no sir, thats where i get all my information and none of them said anything about oil starvation causing blocks to blow a cylinder wall... on the other hand, yes the oil pan dents are a problem with sr20s...

MidKnight- nice runs and I was wondering has your car been pretty reliable with all your mods?

I've never heard of a stock sr20 block blowing because of boost problems. And usually they push about 200-255 rwhp after a swap because of all the parts that are needed for the swap. Most people don't pay to have stock stuff scrounged up and put on the car, so most get an fmic, 3+ in exhaust, mbc, and some other goodies right off the bat.

So any sr20'ed 240 usually has a good bit of power...

No boost problems on my friend's 240sx. He's running 27psi on a 60 trim t3/t4. SR20's are quite strong. He traps 125mph
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar

Re: S15

Originally posted by MidKnight
    I've never raced another higly modded Japanese car before and it was definitely a good time
    The highest modded car I have ever been in was my brothers 10 sec RX-7 (you can find it in the october 2003 issue of sport compact car) I have never had so much fun in my life. We had on its slicks and we spun the tires all the way thru 3rd The roll cage was bad thou, you had to get in a fetal position and kinda hop in and you would still hit your head or knee or elbow or ect ect. Sorry for the hijack.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

its easy to get 400whp without taking off the head on an SR20, i dont know where this cylinder wall BS is comin from, but its nearly as formidable as a 4g63, but more of a gem
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.