my wrx vs turbo civic hatch
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on my wrx vs turbo civic hatch within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so i'm sitting at home and my friend calls me asking me if i would wanna race his friend with ...

my wrx vs turbo civic hatch

so i'm sitting at home and my friend calls me asking me if i would wanna race his friend with a turbo hatch..guy has a built ls engine in a hatch with a drag 3 kit t3/t4 setup i guess..and that night i didn't feel like racing so i said no...he asked if anyone else wanted to race...well a guy from this forum..i wont name any names with a silver rex raced him off a roll from like 20-80...this guy got own3d pretty bad...hatch took the rex by 3 cars and still pulling at 80....all rex has is injen cai and hks carbon ti catback..no dp or uppipe yet...so i decided i might as well give it a try..so i meet up with the guy 2night with my friends sick gti and my rex...this guy rolls in with like 3 cars...than even more show up..i dont like the idea of a bunch of cars..so we finally get rid of everybody..we go on some rolls.my friend beat him first with his gti....but this gti is sick..as in it takes m3's/vettes on freeway..big ass turbo upgrade.....so i go with him..his expecting 2 beat me since he just schooled the other rex..we do a couple of rolls 1st gear at 20..i pull 3-4 and am pulling hard but he misshifts so we stop...i do it again at 20..same results....we go at 40 2nd gear..i take him even worst....than he wants to go lower speeds..so i go 30 in 2nd gear...i still pull like 4-5 cars by 90 ..and i shut off...guy was dissapointed since he rocked another rex night b4....had 2 represent for the subarus!!

EDIT..HUGE EDIT..i didnt mean ls1 lmao..i meant ls integra engine in a hatch that weighs 2200 lb..turboed with drag kit...sorry guys
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 05-05-2004 at 09:49 PM.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice kill for the good guys.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

AwdTurboWrx:

What's your setup?
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

nice job representing.. +1 for subaru -1 for honda
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

Originally posted by AsianWRX
    What's your setup?
    I'm curious too. Sounds like a turbo upgrade if you beat the civic by 2-3 cars and the civic beat the stock-ish wrx by 2-3 cars. So it sounds like your car will pull 4-5 cars on a stock wrx... that's some pretty good power.

Have you raced your friend's gti? maybe from a stop it would even out the HP he's got over you

good kill my man. But what about that GTI. info on that would be cool as i don't want to run into that one on the streets.

built ls1 swap? lol

thanks guys..i'm gonna try 2 get the video up of the race...one of them atleast..i went out there expecting a good race but i smoked him...i got a mbc...when i race i boost 15/16 psi..i got CAI aem i'm dying to get rid of and downpipe/uppipe...guys its not funny but stock wrx is really bad off a roll..also throw in some driver error..guy who lost hasnt had his car for too long...and people who have had a ride in my car thinks its a lot faster than the silver rex which is basically stock ..only hks catback..carbon ti..

its funny this thread is about my car but everyone wants 2 know about gti haha....okay that gti is KILLER...as in dont mess with it...his actually on this forum gt30rgti....his car is very sick..vette on highway ...m3 on highway no problem...he was toying with a 350z once on da freeway i was following trying 2 keep up...his car has a gt30r turbo in their ..catless ...very sick car...no traction haha....and i've messed around with it off a roll...at only 10 psi he pulls hard on me..and oh yeah btw.....he boosts over 20psi at most occasions..his planning on boosting 29psi....hasnt been dynoed yet but it soon will be..trying to get a group dyno..i wanna dyno my car too ..i'll let you guys know...but were thinking his car should have close to 400whp...its definitely a 11 second car...but running it at a track isn't very smart with all that power and stock axels...i'll update you guys as things happen with that car its sick..its also gonna be in import tuner soon

EDIT ...sorry guys..hatch has ls integra engine turboed...i messed up when i first posted
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 05-05-2004 at 09:47 PM.

with only those mods on your rex, i'm surprised that you were able to pull on that built ls turboed hatch from a roll by 2-3 cars. that hatch probably need a lot more tuning because it should have taken you from a roll with no sweat. nice kill nonetheless...
    Last edited by WiCkeDrEx; 05-05-2004 at 11:42 PM.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

yeah i agree...i thought i was gonna get rocked...and ur right..he should of pulled on me...he does need tuning and also traction

that honda sounds exactly like my friends

nice kill on that hatch

if you lived near me we could do the roll race with my trsx

Hey guys, im the Silver Rex AwdTurboWrx is talking about. I raced him about 2 days ago, the first run he had me by 2 car lenghts and was pulling. Second he had me by a little less than a car length but was pulling.

I am pretty much stock, since exhaust is connected to my stock cat. Waiting up on a Turbo XS Uppipe and a Cobb Downpipe, and I will be catless. Cobb Re-flash with AccessPort is also in about 4 weeks (when I get my pipes installed). I'll do another run with the Turbo Hatch, but I should have no problem beating it this time.

Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx
    with only those mods on your rex, i'm surprised that you were able to pull on that built ls turboed hatch from a roll by 2-3 cars. that hatch probably need a lot more tuning because it should have taken you from a roll with no sweat. nice kill nonetheless...
    +1

the civic should have made up ground near the end of the race if not pulled on YOU
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

update on turbo hatch..guy went to LACR a couple of days after he raced me..he ran a 14.9 (at 4000 foot of elevation)..according to him losing traction down the track.....now his taken off the turbo and is selling it.....he was dissapointed the night he raced me i guess

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.