my wrx vs turbo civic hatch - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on my wrx vs turbo civic hatch within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx update on turbo hatch..guy went to LACR a couple of days after he raced me..he ran ...

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    update on turbo hatch..guy went to LACR a couple of days after he raced me..he ran a 14.9 (at 4000 foot of elevation)..according to him losing traction down the track.....now his taken off the turbo and is selling it.....he was dissapointed the night he raced me i guess
    i dont know what 14.9 is comparable to at standard elevations, but that seems very high... a built Ls motor with turbo is an EASY 13 car. i know a few hatches with near stock gsr motors (mildly built) with turbos that are running high to mid 12's at only 7-9 psi

but for all i know, this guys setup could have been SEVERLY untunned. (N/A full bolt on LS integras can get high 14's)

or maybe at 4000ft elevation that 14.9 = high 13's at standard elev
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

it only takes 210whp with a normal driver in a eg hatch back to get into the high 12's... thats with slicks of course.
    its hard to launch turbo hondas 1st and 2nd gear is useless with high hp. you have to ride the clutch and thats also hard cause most likely you have upgraded to a stage 3 or higher clutch.
    but once in 3rd gear they pull like mad.

Originally posted by Jsimon9633
    nice kill on that hatch

if you lived near me we could do the roll race with my trsx

Sorry thought it was a typo you made (TSX instead). should of put t-rsx man....
    Last edited by WiCkeDrEx; 05-09-2004 at 04:14 PM.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

yeah guy has major traction problems from a launch....i asked him to go against me off a launch but he said he didnt want to..and yes guy definitely needs tunning..but no more..car is being stripped..i bet he'll sell the engine next

i'm confused..who mentioned a tsx?

edit 14.9 is like a 14.4-14.5 at sealevel..also if he was on slicks i'm sure he would of broke 13's....reason he doesnt want slicks is cause he will break axels that way...runnin on stock axels..
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12