WTF just happened? Cobb stg II wrx vs b20 all motor crx - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WTF just happened? Cobb stg II wrx vs b20 all motor crx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; UPDATE: I ran into that guy again for a little chat. He asked me if I wanted another run. He ...

UPDATE: I ran into that guy again for a little chat. He asked me if I wanted another run.

He dyno 180 whp and is running mid 13's trapping 100+ at the strips with no slicks. Is that believeible? If I got beat in the street by 1-2 car lengths from him, does that mean the Cobb stg II IS running high 13's and trapping close to 100?
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think you are lucky to have kept up with that CRX as well as you did. Other than the AWD launch...he has everything in his favor:

1000 pound weight advantage
    better gearing
    better top end
    manual tranny

He would prob only need around 170 at the wheels to beat you. Dont feel bad, I have your same mods in a sedan and I lose to a local all motor hatch wayy worse. Time for a VF34!

Yeah dude do the math. Automatic transmissions blow w/o a TC and even then they are only good for HIGH high hp applications. (I'm sure you've heard how most of the fastest supras are automotic, but then this is because it's almost inhuman to shift with a 6 speed running 1000hp when 1st gear goes to 30 mph supercars with high hp's like a McLaren F1's 1st gear usually go to freeway speeds so the driver has time to shift after he nails it)

If he's one of those gutted crx beasts and dynos 180whp (he MIGHT be exageratting a tad bit there, 180 is what I've seen with the K20 longblock) he's got the equivalent of you with a race-gas tuned vf30 if you do they math!

I still can't believe the ignorance with honda out there

Feel free to hate on civics and integras galore, NEVER hate on a gutted CRX.

That being said, from where I'm from, for every 12 second crx there's a rusty redneck-mobile looking 5.0 mustang waiting to hand it its ass!
    '03 white rex

His interior wasn't gutted. In fact, it looked like he had enuff trash from fast food and hygiene product to slow him down a little

I always feared turbo tegs and civics. Just not a freakin all motor one. But this was truly a learning experience! I've gotten more respects for these little "creampuffs" now.
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

I Support ClubWRX
    A little FYI on the CRX I drove the guy ran high 13's with street tires and no traction (1.6 non vtec T-25 turbo) ONce with the street slicks he was looking mid 12's. He's running 7 psi, no IC, not gutted (other then the way it came) and is only expecting 160 or so to the wheels. He was looking for 180 hp with a IC and more boost with less timing....If you ever doubt a honda...just go back and ask yourself how did they do so well in F-1 with the "Vtec" design back in the 80's if it is as slow as everyone thinks.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Like I said in my earlier posts, I think Hondas get clowned on because for every nicely done honda theres fifty more that are totally riced out. When people actually put the time into the motor instead of flashing headlights and under-glow kits, hondas are really capable of making very good power.

With such lightweight bodies and buildable motors these little motors can keep up with the big dogs. I know I've seen a video of a turbo'd EK hatch keeping up with a dodge viper on the highway. That's just insane...

sorry for thread rape how much does the autowrx weight vs the 5spd wrx?
    Last edited by WRXout; 05-09-2004 at 11:32 PM.
    Fadi....
    04' WRX, Stage 4 with fmic R.I.P
    05' WRX STI, 325whp 346wtq @17psi
    MODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Enough of the bloody titties show.

FYI....guys/gals...

A PROPERLY built and tuned CRVtec can push a little over 200hp to the wheels. That combined with a 2000lb car is a monster.

So it's not too much of a surprise that he beat you by that much.
    Thanks to ACI Sports for their support.

i agree CREAM PUFFS HAHAH!! good one

I have a friend who did a type r swap into a 95 civic hatch. That thing is fast. first day he had it he wanted to test it out so we saw a G35 on the freeway he pulls up next to it revs and the guy in the G35 got the jump..he pulls on the G35 lil by lil and by the time we shut down at like 115 we were still pulling..

I have heard some people using the 2.4L block from Accords and CRVs and swapping on the K20A heads and some other parts. Its got like 50 more pounds of torque over the K20A and about 25-30 HP. Of course thats also with a custom Hondata reflash, so it almost seems like a moot point.

That said, I still don't like Hondas. 1 in 1,000 are actually sorta fast. And they are only fast because they are tiny lightweight front wheel drive economy cars. That CRX looks just like a coffin if you get in an accident, trust me. And if you think engine-swapped Hondas are fast, I know a few people with '98 Imprezas running EJ22T swaps at about 350whp and 2700 lbs.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

keystah, by any chance do you know around how much that swap runs? a wrx motor into an older impreza?

Hey, it can be expensive or not depending on what you do.

Actually, the BEST thing to do is swap a Turbo Legacy block into an impreza. Its a 2.2L closed deck turbo-ready engine. This engine can hold 400whp without difficulty. It also spools the turbo a little faster than a wrx. The problem is finding a tranny that will work for you. A ver7 sti 6-speed is perfect.

Expect to spend $2000 on a EJ22T swap using used parts. You could spend about $5000 and get the engine rebuilt, and get performance parts to build it up as well. The ver 7 tranny is like $3k-4k I think, not sure. I think you can get an EJ205 (US WRX) swap for around $3k but I'm not sure. If you do the work yourself you save lots of money, but figuring out the wiring is the hardest part. Nice thing is you can take almost any subaru engine and use it with just about any subaru trans.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Yea it seems like a pretty cool swap and a fun car it would be after, I was thinking it might be expensive because my friend that got a type r motor dropped into his civic paid bout 5g's...so i was thinking that the wrx motor into an impreza swap would cost about that much

my friend has a civic hatch weights 2010lbs running all motor 12.8 secs its a b20/vtec setup with lsd. spent around 3gs on the setup, not bad.as far as nothing really that seperates it from other civics around so basically looks like your everyday honda ricer nice sleeper, fun car but theres nothing like awd.
    btw im pretty sure if your car was manual you would have def took him from a standstill.
    turbo ej2
    awd=all winning drivers or auntie wendy die

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.