WTF just happened? Cobb stg II wrx vs b20 all motor crx - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WTF just happened? Cobb stg II wrx vs b20 all motor crx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by 302@12psi As for my experiances with these little cream puffs... Creampuffs... Thats good...

Originally posted by 302@12psi
    As for my experiances with these little cream puffs...
    Creampuffs...

Thats good

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I helped my friend swap a b16 into his crx si. That bugger was quick! He could hang even with a 1st gen GSX that had boost control. This GSX btw can stay pretty even with my stock turbo rex. I got raped by a prelude recently (turbo kit tho).
    TB, MBC, STI gearset, *Team WRB Sedan*

350Z

My friend that I raced at the track w/ his b20vtec is now going turbo I asked him what he's shooting for in terms of 1/4 mile times... 11's daily driven x2

All I'll say is, if my car wieghted what a crx does I'd probably be running 10's. Figure 100 lbs = .1 sec x 1300 lbs

Originally posted by 03WREX
    My friend that I raced at the track w/ his b20vtec is now going turbo I asked him what he's shooting for in terms of 1/4 mile times... 11's daily driven x2
    Thats sick. I don't even wanna think how cheap they got all that done for.

Originally posted by racinready300ex
    All I'll say is, if my car wieghted what a crx does I'd probably be running 10's. Figure 100 lbs = .1 sec x 1300 lbs
    Very good point

K20 ENGINE SWAPE IN A CRX, WILL RUN HIGH 11 SEC!!!
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

You should go to the track and baseline your ET/MPH? There's so much variation in ET/MPH for 4eats (mostly due to driver launching techniques, heat soak, etc. ) that theres little sense in comparing unless you know how fast you actually are.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

TonyG:
    What will it take and what is the best way in doing those mods that you have?

-ProTorque TC
    -Tranny cooler/synth ATF
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

bout 1500. Thats with install. Do it yourself for way cheaper.

Originally posted by MengHang
    K20 ENGINE SWAPE IN A CRX, WILL RUN HIGH 11 SEC!!!
    I admit the B series motors were great but the new k series (rsx) motors are even better. I know that people are swapping those motors into the older chassis which is pretty crazy when you think about how the new motors are designed. It seems like hondas do very well with their small high reving motors. It still amazes me how fast people can make those things. Power to weight ratio is a key factor.

By no means do I ever underestimate a honda... no matter how ricey they look. It's too bad that 9 out of 10 hondas around here are riced out wanna-b racers.

Originally posted by AsianWRX
    TonyG:
    What will it take and what is the best way in doing those mods that you have?

The TC mod costed me about $900. At the time, Protorque was charging $500 or so to modify your TC -maybe its cheaper now. And the place I took it to did the work for about $400.

Changing to synthetic ATF and installing tranny cooler are for protection (no performance gain) and are DIY projects.

The only way to make our cars run 14 sec ETs is to do a full, vacuum locked brake torque, to reach your full stall speed. Otherwise, our 4eats are just 15 sec cars. But constant brake torquing will eventually kill your transmission. I don't do it anymore -these cars aren't really built for drag racing.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Id have to say getting a TC is only good for the track. Or if you street race like a champ from stop lights.

Most races i get involved in i dont even brake torque at all. I believe true races are from the dig but from a roll shows the cars power, not traction.

Launching hard off the line with awd is not on the top of my list now that you mention it. I think I'll just look for a turbo upgrade, prolly something that'll give me mad top end to prevent an embarrassment like that one again

Any advice is welcomed.
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Originally posted by AsianWRX
    Launching hard off the line with awd is not on the top of my list now that you mention it. I think I'll just look for a turbo upgrade, prolly something that'll give me mad top end to prevent an embarrassment like that one again

Any advice is welcomed.
    I want a VF22 but i dont think cobb has a off the shelf map for it yet. Ive seen the 34 and 30.

Or i may just flash it Stage 2(when the AP shows up) and call it quits. I want a STI but going to wait until the supply and demand lowers on them, prolly 2 years or so.

Cobb Stage 2, Catless TBE, Uppipe, IC Hoses makes for a 4EAT 13 sec car, even tho it is high 13.

Originally posted by skyjock41
    I want a VF22 but i dont think cobb has a off the shelf map for it yet. Ive seen the 34 and 30.

Or i may just flash it Stage 2(when the AP shows up) and call it quits. I want a STI but going to wait until the supply and demand lowers on them, prolly 2 years or so.

Cobb Stage 2, Catless TBE, Uppipe, IC Hoses makes for a 4EAT 13 sec car, even tho it is high 13.
    How important is the IC hose? And I'm not really losing that much with a stock axleback am I?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast