How Fast???? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on How Fast???? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah, that would be the only way to accurately know. Speedo error at those speeds is huge....

Yeah, that would be the only way to accurately know. Speedo error at those speeds is huge.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by pace
    Somebody radar trap him? Last time I checked, our speedos don't read that high...

-Pace
    I think he had a 1000+cc bike pacing him. Again probably opening up to some margine of error in the speedo though.
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver

Sport bikes have NOTORIOUSLY OPTIMISTIC SPEEDOS.

I can't see a WRX going much over 160mph with its current gearing.

-Jim

i took my wrx to 140 stock a couple of times... even took a '93 mazda 929 ( submarine) to 138. boy was that scary

I reached 125 then let off soon as I couldn't check my surroundings for possible road obstuctions.
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics,whether you win or lose,you're still retarded.

Complaint Department

115 as soon as the break in was done. My other cars have been limited to about 105 typically.

Fas
    135 racing a friend in his Integra on the freeway.

About an indicated 138 in the wagon with boost at 15 psi, otherwise all stock.

Hit the rev limiter in 5th in my old 94 325is, which was an indicated 158 or so, this was with about a 4 mile slight down hill on I15. Dinan chip (higher rev limit, by about 200rpm iirc), full supersprint exhaust (headers too), no cats, intake, lowered 1", etc.

Had the cruise control set to an indicated 150 in my 01 S4 with MTM ECU, exhaust, other goodies for about 20 miles in the desert.

Indicated 155+ in my '00 M Roadster with top down!
    Had Dinan chip and filter. That was a crazy one done on I5 in SD from a little before PB till after Sea World, slight down hill. Car was still pulling slightly but I ran out of room.

140 in my old 92 Sentra SE-R with some very old JWT prototype cams (dead till 6k, then balls out till 8k), full ins and outs, and a Clark-Steppler-Special ECU.

148 for miles and miles on I5 after Bakersfield in my old "Shoe", a 99 Z3 Coupe with Dinan chip and filter. (What a sweet little car that was).

115 in an 82 Scirocco and she wouldnt do no more (full ins and outs, etc).
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

I watch a video from New Zeland which show a bunch of fast Japanese car from Japan doing a speed trail. All registered street car with tons of mod. Companies like Top secret and Jun etc showed up with their cars.

A early model 00 STI with lots of mods did 315 Km average 2 passes each way. That's 195.73 mph.

The 1300 hp R33 did an average 345 Km = 214 mph.

I guess a wrx can be crazy fast with enough hp to overcome the drag.
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Originally posted by madwagon

Indicated 155+ in my '00 M Roadster with top down!
    Had Dinan chip and filter. That was a crazy one done on I5 in SD from a little before PB till after Sea World, slight down hill. Car was still pulling slightly but I ran out of room.
    Isn't goin too fast with the top down incredible. 130 in my 328i convertable felt like 200!!

I Support ClubWRX

Going fast almost turned into tragedy!

The fastest I have ever gone in a car is 130 in my buddys 1976 Datsun 240zx. That thing used to smoke the tires in second.

Anyways, we were going to the beach, and since it was a two seater, our other friend rode his Suzuki 650. So on the way, we get to a open stretch of road called Canada road. My buddy on the bike started blasting down the road and we followed suit. We got up over 100mph and the tranny started to whine pretty badly. We got up to 130mph and you couldn't hear yourself think the tranny and gears in the diff were wining so loud. So we slowed down , and as soon as we got to about 40 mph, the passenger rear tire blew. We pulled over, and the steel belt somehow wove itself out of the tread. It just fell apart and disintegrated.

Moral to the story is, if you go fast make sure your tires are in good shape and inflated properly. I might not be here to tell you this if we wouldn't have slowed down when we did.
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

Registered User Quantum-Racing.com's Avatar
    Well, I saw 150 on my BPU mkiv and then I stopped looking at the speedo to keep an eye on where I was going. It pretty much floats at that speed with stock suspension.
    www.Quantum-Racing.com
    Home of the Dynapack AWD Dyno
    Sales Email, Tech Email

Re: Going fast almost turned into tragedy!

Originally posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    Moral to the story is, if you go fast make sure your tires are in good shape and inflated properly. I might not be here to tell you this if we wouldn't have slowed down when we did.
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)
    I'd imagine that the tire overheated and caused the damage. And yes, it was probably because the tire wasn't inflated properly. Glad you're here to tell us about it!
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

that and all tires are speed rated...can't go 150 on a tire that is like maz112 or it will pop

my WRX has been flat out once, but fastest I have ever been was somewhere over 175mph in my old heavily modded ttz. speedo was pegged past 165mph and still pulling hard. Once I put the 4.08 gears in it it would top out at only 163mph ( radar timed... ) at 7Krpms in 5th but it would get there goddamn quick. I still have a lot more fun overall driving the WRX though.
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast