WRX Hunts me, and then gets eaten alive....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Hunts me, and then gets eaten alive.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I am on my way up to my 3 day seminar in Edison NJ for work, Heading up from ...

WRX Hunts me, and then gets eaten alive....

So I am on my way up to my 3 day seminar in Edison NJ for work, Heading up from central Jersey, and I am near woodbridge merging onto 440 @ around 8:00PM off the Parkway. It is a LONG sweep that bends over the parkway (hard left) after the bridge and then a hard right. There are 3 lanes, I am in the center about to pass a dude on the right and then cut over to get around the bus directly in front of me. The far left lane is blocked by what else, Left Lane ****.

Further back in the far right lane is a car that I had not noticed before, couldn't tell what it was but had hidious yellow after market fog lights, must be a ricer, I slow down BARELY passing a bus and sir rice ball NAILS and and flys up my ass and cuts over nearly hitting me. He takes off. Ohhh sweet not rice but a Scooby.

I immediately noticed that he but an IMPREZA badge on the back, hookup up a Nice exhaust and intake as it was quite loud, after market BOV he made sure to pop off every 2 or 3 seconds. A carbon fiber hood intake thingy that actually looked awesome on an all burgundy WRX with 18INCH gun metal wheels. He also had dark windows but I could see his well lit tripple gauge pod. His car was VERY nice looking and certainly sounded fast but me thinks he is in 13B land and about to get hurt.

ME
    Evo VIII Aem intake, Hallman MBC set to 21PSI, 255LPH pump, Greddy BOV, earthing kit, 3.0 turbo back exhaust, twin set of 272's duno tuned (flashed) to the beat of 350AWHP on 94 pump gas, I get next to him quite quickly as he makes his run from me initially to get my attention. I get next to him as we match speeds and he tries to take off, but I nail it, not even funny how far I get, I did't even use all of third, the gear I started in, and he is way back. I slow down to legal speeds and he trys, oh no, here it comes, the Ricer Fly by, pleaze.

I wait for him to get right next to me at WOT while I wait in third at 5000RPM. He gets next to me, I nail it for an instant spool and his progress never makes a lead as I pull way ahead of him and slowly merge over into his lane and slow WAY DOWN just to fu.ck with him. He pulls next to me on my right, I give him the thumbs down and tell him to go again. He doesn't. and keeps his 1000 yeard stare. He moves over into the right lane, takes off, pops off the BOV TWICE and makes his escape off the Route 1 exit. Oh well, I guess he got the best of me.

Normally I am much nicer but this bastard riced me and nearly totaled my car as he attempted his rice manuver to show off. He came after me so I ended it. His Car looked AWESOME THOUGH, he musta been near a 100MPH trap, my car traps over 110 now. Not fair but justice has been served.
    Last edited by Evilevo8; 05-03-2004 at 07:37 PM.
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill. it's lame when BOVs are used to "scare" other drivers- they do nothing for speed. yes, you sure did give that clown what he deserved.

evo modding must be fun. there are just a few in town.

i'll be installing my 1820 soon, so that should make highway runs tons more fun- but i'd still have to watch out for you.

you make your way up north ever? i'm in providence.
    www.realultimatepower.net

Never been to Rhode Island. What is an 1820? My next mod surely includes a better clutch, I just don't need it now, the stocker kinda protests the power from a stop, it holds it and does not slip but fing STINKS after the run. From a Roll, meh, no problems at all.

My Next mod after that is serioulsy gona be the AEM stand Alone, that thing OWNS the evo, best mod Ever. This Shop Turbo Trixx is a Certified AEM installer, they are VERY VERY good tuners and nailed a 299AWHP on a scooby wagon with a VF34, man that is noice for a wagon with boltons.

I raced a Dude 2 saturdays ago with EXACTLY the same mods as me, the only difference between us was the AEM (both on pump gas) and I think he had an Exeddy Twin plate, other wise same mods.

I ran a 12.6 @110, kinda grinded my 1-2 shift and nailed a poor 330FT @ 5.2 seconds.

This bastard ran a 11.7 @118MPH!!! stock turbo/FMIC/IC piping!!!!!!! and of course a 4.8 330 foot, that 1-2 shift makes teh race. He was a WAY ahead of me by the traps and was pulling like I was racing a bike.

That AEM is just ****, its $$$$$$$$$$$$ but you cna do anything with it, eliminates the MAF and provides a complete custom tune and 272's idle like stock. You can run any turbo and injectors after that no problem.

That Same AEM with a turbo a lil larger then a 50TRIM (AGP) netted 550WHP on pump gas, 650 Race gas.

It'll cost damn near $2000 fully installed, and dyno tuned, but it would take a somethin fierce to take me from a dig.
    Last edited by Evilevo8; 05-03-2004 at 08:53 PM.
    Will be the only one
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

Originally posted by Evilevo8
    PE1820- top end turbo upgrade, by- 635cfm's. nice, full spool anywhere between 3700-4000 rpm.

yes, i here the stock clutch is fine- but, i guess if you find reason to need a new one- why not.

yes, turbo trixx is a great tuning shop i hear- wish i could go there if i were close enough- look out for bassman, the black wrx w/ fp green- he loves that shop, and is there quite a bit, from what i hear from him. he should give you a run for your money.

damn, that aem stand alone sounds awesome- never knew that it was such a kicker in the pants for the evo. hey, for 2000, and what you get, it's a deal that any wrx owner would jump at in a second. go crazy w/ your car man- just don't be pouncing on me.

your last thread are all reasons why i love the evo man. killer car.

FP green= ultimate pump gas turbo. I'll steer clear till atleast some race gas, that brings the traps way up with being able to run 25PSI then, like 114, but I haven't tried yet, maybe this wednesday?

RI isn't THAT far, Pick a day and get your **** tuned by Turbo Trixx.

650CFM's is HUGE flow. The STock Evo Turbo flows 550+CFM's or enough for 400WHP, tha sit.

Green flows 750CFMS< mmmm boost.

BTW why not this turbo???

http://www.wrxtuners.com/parts/produ...products_id=59
    Last edited by Evilevo8; 05-03-2004 at 09:22 PM.
    Will be the only one
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

yes, green = nasty.

i actually have a guy up in the boston area who custom tunes my unichip. he gave me good numbers, w/ what i had, and very good gains from baseline, so i'm sticking w/ him. even if it's not a tune, i'd like to go down and check out the shop when i have a chance. right now, though, no way- am plunging into finals in days.

the sr40 is a great turbo, no doubt. but for the price i got for the 1820 (used), i couldn't pass it up.

the two turbos are comparable, so i couldn't justify spending the extra $xxx for the sr40.

the 1820 can hold high boost, but it's the stock block and tranny that would keep me boosting no higher than 19psi. but even at 19psi, it flows purdy darn well.

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice kill. I hate sore losers that done give thumbs ups when they lose. When I got completely annihilated by that S55 AMG on the freeway, I gave the biggest smile and thumbs up to the other driver. I don't mind getting beat, especially to a faster car.

totally agree. we're both happy victims of the hailed s55- (although, it was the sl55 that killed me).

i get a rush, no doubt, racing- but the bad, i'm-furious-as-hell rush that people get when they lose- man, what losers.

on a total random note, kurlee, i miss cali tons- i'm from the bay. will be out, though, in santa barbara visiting family in a month.

can't wait.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by NEwrx
    totally agree. we're both happy victims of the hailed s55- (although, it was the sl55 that killed me).

i get a rush, no doubt, racing- but the bad, i'm-furious-as-hell rush that people get when they lose- man, what losers.

on a total random note, kurlee, i miss cali tons- i'm from the bay. will be out, though, in santa barbara visiting family in a month.

can't wait.
    The only things you may miss are the weather and terrain here. Other than that:

Highest gas, electricity, home, tuition and smog prices in the country will be had in California. And you can only get piss water 91 octane here for $2.33 a gallon. Cali isn't sounding so good now, is it?

haha- you won't be saying that living out in the north east.

i grew up in cupertino- and had marching band competitions in los gatos.

ever been to la fondue?

--------------------------------------------------------------

back to cars

fre
    Hrmm sounds like a weiny. I would probably give you a better run, but you would still beat me with traps of 110. I think I would max out at like 107-108. I will find out next wednesday

I Support ClubWRX

ever been to la fondue?

--------------------------------------------------------------

back to cars
    Actually that's in Saratoga, but no I have never eaten there.

Back to the cars!

Originally posted by fre
    Hrmm sounds like a weiny. I would probably give you a better run
    please clarify- who's the weiny?

please list mods.

thanks!

i'm dying to race a red evo in town. have gotten close to it, and it looks CLEAN inside. i would guess it's not stock.

so am i asking for a beating? maybe. probably. but i still want a run anyway.

fre
    please clarify- who's the weiny?

please list mods.

thanks!
    I obviously meant the evo guy because he drives an evo..... LOL no the wrx guy that was swerving of course!. I have a stage4 vf34 .... sti pinks, walboro pump... turboxs exhaust. I want to know what stock wrxs make on those ... argg I can't think of the name the high reading dyno.
    Last edited by fre; 05-03-2004 at 10:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.