WRX Hunts me, and then gets eaten alive.... - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Hunts me, and then gets eaten alive.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX The only things you may miss are the weather and terrain here. Other than that: Highest ...

Originally posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    The only things you may miss are the weather and terrain here. Other than that:

Highest gas, electricity, home, tuition and smog prices in the country will be had in California. And you can only get piss water 91 octane here for $2.33 a gallon. Cali isn't sounding so good now, is it?
    yes, it is still sounding -that- good.

03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

**** this, im getting a DSM.
    I created my avatar.

Originally posted by BassMan097
    You really shouldnt mess with the AEM yourself. I've seen many a wiring mess from an untrained installation, and it will surely cause you more headaches than anything else if it is installed/tuned improperly. If you decide to go with the AEM, make sure you take it to a shop that is certified in tuning/installing of the EMS. You can locate such shops on the AEM website.
    oh trust me i wasn't gonna install it myself... theres a place in dallas that does AEM installs and tuning ..... i kinda know a lil about tuning because i was gonna do a utec setup in the wifeys WRX.... but im not gonna attempt to put that in its outta my league.....
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Originally posted by CKxx
    **** this, im getting a DSM.
    Go for it, but do so at your own risk. You'll go slightly faster than in a wrx with comparable mods, but the reliability is $hit. If you get an evo, buy a few extra transfer cases to hold you over
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

buy a few extra transfer cases to hold you over

You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

Originally posted by Evilevo8
    Stipidity breaks them, not the car.
    Well yes and no. There's a design flaw in the evo VIII transfer cases. I heard they might be doing a recall, but i'm not sure. I know of many people that had them go under normal spirited driving, and lots of others at the track. Those at the track werent under an enormous amount of power either. In fact, there's a Turbotrix customer I know of who had his bust on the street, got a replacement from the dealer, and the new one lasted 200 miles. You roll the dice with the evo's. Al's car went 11.2 with 540 whp and his driveline is fine. The TTR shop car made 550+ whp, no complaints yet. I will say this...every time i'm at turbotrix, there's AT LEAST 1 to 2 evo's in there for clutch/transfer case problems.

Whatever, I'd still get one. I love the syling and the 4G63 speaks for itself. If I were to get one I'd wait until there's an aftermarket diff or something to take the place of that transfer case, or at least weld the stock one. I hear a Quaiffe is in the works...

Pics:

thats why most EVO owners change out the diff and tranny fluids redline is going in my car in the next 48 hours.....
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

No probolems with the transfer cases, I have 25,000 miles on mine no problems with back to back to back awd Launches and 140+++MPH driving and gas stabs.

The only ones that I see break are teh Idiots that put on HEAVY ass clutches and then dump it, they can then break, the stock Evo CLutch will slip way before a transfer case breaks. Notice how it is always some random kid who never had a car even as close as the Evo break it. I had a TSi AWD for 4 years, and the Evo, NEVER had any drivetrain problems cept the clutch and it was because teh car had toooo much power.

Of course there may be some manufacturing flaws in a % of them, has to be were are not 100% perfect.
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

So is this AEM stand alone available for the REX? If it is what is it putting down to the wheels on a stock rex?
    2005 Electric Blue Mitsubishi Evolution VIII,
    2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
    Helix Catback
    Helix Downpipe
    Ultimate Racing test pipe
    Txs Mbc
    Greddy Type-s bov

www.myspace.com/evil_evo_viii
    www.mitsubishiunited.com
    2004 Subaru Wrx-Sold

Originally posted by Snowvert
    yes, it is still sounding -that- good.

and it really is -that- good.
    www.realultimatepower.net

I am not sure how a AEM would work on the WRX< keep with the UTEC, I havee seen 300WHP on a VF34 on pump gas. The AEM was specifically designed for the Evo, even has a pre-programed base map for it to start off on. You can incorporate a Wide band 02 sensor and Knock sensor and cold starts and use it as an EBC, its amazing.

Again the Stock Evo puts down 230WHP, and after the AEM was installed and tuned it put down 300WHP, amazing.
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

the AEM is specific for every car, and they just came out with the box for the wrx. Mark from Turbotrix told me to expect another 30-40 whp on pump from just the AEM alone. Believe me, I have some of the highest numbers around for given 'stages' of the UTEC thanks to Junior at TTR, but at this power level the fact that the UTEC is constantly fighting the stock computer is robbing me of some extra valuable horsepower. I'd like to see 410 or so on pump, and once i get some fuel pressure and the AEM it shouldn't be a problem. Mark can tune the AEM's like no other, so I'm confident of 400+ whp on pump.

EDIT: I also already have the UEGO O2 wideband, and it is ****!

Pics:

yep, bass is right about specificity of the standalone. that is not to say, though, that the evo is VERY responsive to modding, more so than the rex. so, that said, sure, the AEM is very well suited for the evo.

the other downside of the UTEC is boost control- surprisingly, quite a few guys have been complaining about UTEC boost, so they are throwing EBC on top of UTEC. not bashing UTEC- just saying something better is walking our way..............
    www.realultimatepower.net

EVO Gear Box Recall,...
    Evolution VIII in recall execution of transmission being attached
    Run sir (evolution VIII) concerning the transmission, the below-mentioned recall was notified to the national traffic ministry on July 22nd of 2003.
    Concerning the measure of the regular use car, to communication * being able to point consultation urgently from the dealership, because it receives, we ask may.
    We apologize the fact that it does to apply annoyance very much, to everyone of the user from heart.

There is a standard nonconformance state when
    The structure which it recognizes, the device or
    Circumstance and its cause of efficiency In the transmission of the manual transmission attaching car, when there are some where pressing in depth of the selector control rod of the shift control section and the pin which locks the selector is insufficient, continue use in that way state, when it is worst, the particular pin sneaks away, there is a possibility shift operation becoming impossible.
    Contents of improvement measure Pressing in depth of all vehicle and the particular pin is inspected, those where pressing in depth is insufficient exchange shift control set with the measure item.

Car name Type Alias name Under carriage number of recall object car
    Range and production period Recall
    Object car
    Quantity Remark
    Mitsubishi GH-CT9A Run sir CT9A-0200201 - CT9A-0206345
    January of 2003 28th - May 15 of 2003 day 4,622 Only 6 fast transmission attaching cars
    (1 type of total) (Total 1 model) (Entire range of production period)
    January of 2003 28th - May 15 of 2003 day (4,622 total)
    Note 1. Also the vehicle which does not become the object is included in the range of the under carriage number where the object car is included.
    (5 fast manual transmission specifications of run sir evolution VIII RS are not the object)
    2. Production period of the object car differs from the time of purchase.

Improvement place explanation drawing

Contents of improvement
    Pressing in depth of all vehicle and the particular pin is inspected, those where pressing in depth is insufficient exchange shift control set with the measure item.

Principal statistics of recall object car
    Car name Type Alias name Classification * use Form of body Type of motive for action machine
    (Entire aerodynamic volume displacement (cc)) Remark
    Mitsubishi GH-CT9A Run sir Normally * riding Box 4g63
    (1,997) Only 6 fast transmission attaching cars

Mitsubishi Company DYING,..
    http://www.keepmedia.com/ShowItemDet...0032&oliID=213

"Mitsubishi Motors runs into trouble as CEO resigns
    by Earle Eldridge | Apr 27 '04

Mitsubishi Motors CEO Rolf Eckrodt resigned Monday in a move that had been expected but is troublesome for the Japanese automaker because Eckrodt's anticipated successor won't get the job.
    Eckrodt, 61, was sent to Japan in 2001 by DaimlerChrysler, which has a controlling 37% stake in Mitsubishi. Until last week, Andreas Renschler, 44, a rising star who has run DaimlerChrysler's Mercedes-Benz plant in the USA and is currently in charge of its Smart small-car division, was expected to replace Eckrodt sometime this year.

But those plans blew up with DaimlerChrysler's surprise announcement that it would not invest an estimated $3.8 billion to help struggling Mitsubishi, hit by recalls in Japan and huge sales declines and financial losses in the USA. DaimlerChrysler now is expected to try to sell its stake in Mitsubishi.

Renschler headed a team of financial experts that went to Japan last month to study whether DaimlerChrysler should pump the cash into Mitsubishi, which needs money to continue its product-development programs."

Why do some people talk ****, before they know what they are talking about? What have we learned here today? Mitsubishi IS going out of bussiness. The EVO, DOES have a gearbox recall. Just because someone owns a car, they seem to think if they ignore reality, that it will not effect the car they drive. WRONG.

Bassman,
    You really think that you will gain 30-40 whp from an engine management change?? The UTEC is just as much of a standalone in a sense as the AEM when in open loop. Thats the only point where you make power(in open loop). So, I dont see how the UTEC is 'fighting' the stock ECU because in open loop the UTEC has nothing to do with the stock ecu. Please explain what you mean by all this. Oh, and watch those coilpacks with the AEM due to some dwell time issues that the AEM's are known to have with some cars.

Richard
    Car for sale for 13,500 with 60k on the car an 18k on the motor/tranny(Silver Sedan with 5spd)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.