what is the fastest youve driven? - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on what is the fastest youve driven? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 1994 3000GT SL, stock: 142mph and still pulling pretty hard with another person in the car 2003 EVOVIII: 100mph 1995intrep: ...

1994 3000GT SL, stock: 142mph and still pulling pretty hard with another person in the car

2003 EVOVIII: 100mph

1995intrep: limited 115 (thing could have at least hit 135)
    Last edited by Brians3000GT; 05-05-2004 at 09:30 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

110mph in jeep grand cherokee - lame
    125mph in chrysler sebring - lamer
    155mph goveror in M3 - could pull to 180 prolly
    153mph in WRX - turbo timer read out
    120mph in 88' nissan sentra hatch that need momentum to make it up the onramps.
    145mph in lincoln LS

I haven't uploaded a pic before, so I hope this works

Some people say that the WRX has a speed governer. Well this proves the '02 WRX doesn't have a speed governer. But definatly has a rev limiter. This is a pic of the movie I captured... I don't have web space yet to post any movies.

I had hit the rev limiter at this point in which I went down to 120 real quick. I estimated approx. 170 mph... well into the odo. I guess the ABS wasn't too happy to see that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails clipboard01.jpg  
    "Not just a turtle, a SNAPPING turtle!"

Originally posted by turbo turtle

Some people say that the WRX has a speed governer. Well this proves the '02 WRX doesn't have a speed governer. But definatly has a rev limiter. This is a pic of the movie I captured... I don't have web space yet to post any movies.

I had hit the rev limiter at this point in which I went down to 120 real quick. I estimated approx. 170 mph... well into the odo. I guess the ABS wasn't too happy to see that.
    WOW, I can't imagine going that fast in my WRX...

Man you guys are crazy going so fast in your WRX's. I hope you arent on stock RE's! Ive hit 135 a couple times in mine and it didnt feel safe at all.

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.

The WRX does have a governor stock. I believe it limits the amount of boost at a certain RPM in fifth gear, limiting the top speed to 148 MPH. If you WRX was not stock (if you, say, have a boost controller) you sidestep the governor. What were your mods when you reached the speed in the picture? You would have to have a lot of horsepower to hit 170+ (I think fuel cut in fifth is something like 179 MPH).

Back in the day

Blew through a county mounties radar at 160+ sunbeam Tiger. 1971. Long straight stretch out in country. 11:44 was late to work for graveyard. Didn't know cop (454 Dodge) was even behind me until I ran into roadblock in Corvallis, doing speed limit. Spent night in jail, called in unavailable to work.

Did 140 something on my V65 Magna. Got scary. pulled over, walked around for awhile.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tiger6.jpg  
    Last edited by madmanx; 05-06-2004 at 11:10 AM.
    Mods

1969 Sunbeam Tiger
    1973 Norton Commando w/combat engine.
    1983 V65 Magna
    1992 Laser

Originally posted by ervv173
    Man you guys are crazy going so fast in your WRX's. I hope you arent on stock RE's! Ive hit 135 a couple times in mine and it didnt feel safe at all.
    Oh man no! Those stock RE's are aweful!! I'm using Michelin Pilot Sport A/S's... they are Y rated.

Originally posted by zoophagy
    The WRX does have a governor stock. I believe it limits the amount of boost at a certain RPM in fifth gear, limiting the top speed to 148 MPH. If you WRX was not stock (if you, say, have a boost controller) you sidestep the governor. What were your mods when you reached the speed in the picture? You would have to have a lot of horsepower to hit 170+ (I think fuel cut in fifth is something like 179 MPH).
    My wrx is stock other than new tires, new windshield and the blue LED stereo mod. AND IT DOES NOT HAVE A GOVERNER! I have no idea why it doesn't, because it should. Maybe it has malfunctioned or something. I DO NOT have a boost controller or anything of such. Thats why I took the picture (movie)... to show that it is only rev limited.

Auto WRX has a limiter set at 130 mph, or so says Subaru. 5-speed isn't supposed to have a limiter. STi limiter is at 6000 RPM in 6th gear.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

My wrx is stock other than new tires, new windshield and the blue LED stereo mod. AND IT DOES NOT HAVE A GOVERNER! I have no idea why it doesn't, because it should. Maybe it has malfunctioned or something. I DO NOT have a boost controller or anything of such. Thats why I took the picture (movie)... to show that it is only rev limited.
    So your completely stock WRX is able reach 170+mph. Were you driving in a vacuum?

Originally posted by zoophagy
    So your completely stock WRX is able reach 170+mph. Were you driving in a vacuum?
    An IC engine does not work in a vacuum.

An IC engine does not work in a vacuum.
    Nor does a stock WRX reach 170 MPH.

Turbo Turtle neglected to mention that his "stock" WRX was doing 170 mph because he was stuck in the middle of a three car draft with Jeff Gordon up front and Dale Jr out back.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

I'd be more than happy to verify your claim. Since you have the video you can find me on AIM and send it to me that way. I do it all the time. My handle is Reed12399

Btw, fastest I've ever been was in the SRT-4. Topped out at 154-155 before I hit some sort of limiter. It was stock at the time.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.