what is the fastest youve driven? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on what is the fastest youve driven? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whoops, almost forgot to post a video of my Busa http://www.hsvracing.com/videos/EvolutionOfMOAB.wmv...

Ike
    Whoops, almost forgot to post a video of my Busa

http://www.hsvracing.com/videos/EvolutionOfMOAB.wmv

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice vids of both busas

Originally posted by josnroh
    Went 110 on a 74 harley Sportster
    KPH, right?

Just kidding.

Originally posted by Ike
    Whoops, almost forgot to post a video of my Busa

http://www.hsvracing.com/videos/EvolutionOfMOAB.wmv
    That is clearly one of the sickest things ever.

Sooo....when are one of you guys gonna give me your bike?
    I created my avatar.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I've driven a boat at 70mph,my best on water.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

183mph in my old 470rwhp Twin Turbo Z...smooth as glass at that speed too. That was on the stock 3.69 gears. Once I put in the 4.08 gears off the normally aspirated Z, top speed went down to 165mph but those shorter gears took a half second off my 1/4 time, down to 11.7@121mph on street tires and 93 octane at 18psi...well worth the loss in top speed.
    Last edited by twinz; 05-05-2004 at 08:46 AM.
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

Originally posted by CKxx
    That is clearly one of the sickest things ever.

Sooo....when are one of you guys gonna give me your bike?
    Since it's on HSVRacing, it has to be Eddie. He's a nice guy...his Hayabusa is insane...and so is he for driving it, haha.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Needle pegged at 180 in 400 cHP '88 Porsche 944 TS may it R.I.P.

Friendly reminder, most blown engines occur because of high cylinder temps during WOT during extended highway pulls.

Originally posted by The Cyndicate
    Yamaha R1 Has a top speed of: 168 mph (This is on a dyno with NO wind drag) This speed would be much less in the real world.

Civics have an electronic speed limiter at :105 mph.

Honda 954RR Has a topspeed of : 158 mph

Eclipse GS-T Top Speed is rated at : 125 mph

1994 Supra TT WITH MODS is rated at : 155 mph

Neon SRT4 Top Speed : 148 mph

My personal best?
    A GPS verified 239 mph on a 1999 Turbo Hayabusa.

Dont be mad, Im just trimming the fat off of the bull****.
    what about if they have mods? must take that into consideration for the 954, civics and neons. But I did go over 300 miles per hour a couple of times. Did it on United Airlines though

Friend on R1 with some mods I don't even know about just went 183 with gps. I thought that Cyndicate said that 168 on dyno with no wind resistance? Had lots of wind resistance there and still went above 168. Hmmmmmm, trim what?

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    The 71 Nova I had was not a rust bucket bomber, it was in actually really good shape with a factory 4 speed! The suspension was solid and tight, and was smooth at high speeds. The frame was also snubbed, don't know if that helped out.
    Yea mine looks like this but it still didn't feel good at high speeds heh...

Para
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p1010020_resized.jpg  

Done 140 in the WRX, but my crowning accomplishment (sorry no time slips) is:

95 mph in one of these:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails truck.gif  
    2002 WRX

Still Stock

I dont see a picture of your "friends R1s" GPS R1s do not go 180 something mph. Some of the new ones comming out might start to push that, but it has NO aerodynamics for topspeed. The front of an r1 is ment for downforce on a track, and no matter what kind of horsepower you have on a bike, the aerodynamics is what chooses your total topspeed. This is why a Hayabusa gets a higher top speed then a ZX-12, even though the ZX-12 has more HP. Now Im not saying R1s arent fast, but I know what topspeed they reach, and I know it isnt no 183, unless the gearing has been changed, and he has a large shot of NOS, or a Turbo.

Ike, how did you get that Dyno brake not to catch and freeze up? We put mine on the dyno after the turbo, and broke the brake off the dyno, and they had to purchase a new drum. The curve stopped reading normal at about 450 hp, and then spiked up, and said **** like 1200 hp, and we know it wasnt no 1200 hp, lol! Im pretty sure this happend because of the handbreak snapping, and it changed all the values as soon as it did.

I cant have a direct dumppipe anymore, they threatend to take my bike because of it. You see that NOS on the pocketbike? I had it on the Busa too, but it just wasnt really that usefull. It already spools fast enough, and it doesnt do anything for the topend, cause the turbo is already stronger then the bike can really handle without breaking traction. So I wouldnt worry about going that route, unless its for show.

Originally posted by The Cyndicate
    I dont see a picture of your "friends R1s" GPS R1s do not go 180 something mph. Some of the new ones comming out might start to push that, but it has NO aerodynamics for topspeed. The front of an r1 is ment for downforce on a track, and no matter what kind of horsepower you have on a bike, the aerodynamics is what chooses your total topspeed. This is why a Hayabusa gets a higher top speed then a ZX-12, even though the ZX-12 has more HP. Now Im not saying R1s arent fast, but I know what topspeed they reach, and I know it isnt no 183, unless the gearing has been changed, and he has a large shot of NOS, or a Turbo.

Ike, how did you get that Dyno brake not to catch and freeze up? We put mine on the dyno after the turbo, and broke the brake off the dyno, and they had to purchase a new drum. The curve stopped reading normal at about 450 hp, and then spiked up, and said **** like 1200 hp, and we know it wasnt no 1200 hp, lol! Im pretty sure this happend because of the handbreak snapping, and it changed all the values as soon as it did.

I cant have a direct dumppipe anymore, they threatend to take my bike because of it. You see that NOS on the pocketbike? I had it on the Busa too, but it just wasnt really that usefull. It already spools fast enough, and it doesnt do anything for the topend, cause the turbo is already stronger then the bike can really handle without breaking traction. So I wouldnt worry about going that route, unless its for show.
    like i said. don't diss it until you know the mods. 183 is possible and you just questioned a gps. would you question yours? He wouldn't speculate on what he did to his bike. just that it is damn fast and he had the #'s to prove it. Unless he took that thing on a small plane and just logged its speed. He probably is packing some nos because a friend who was with him had to get a fill at a local shop... "for someone"

But i gotta admit Cyndicate, you got one hell of a bike. Makes me jealous. got more vids?
    Last edited by wrxinfx; 05-05-2004 at 09:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.