Has any Cobb Stage 2 WRX raced stock STi?

This is a discussion on Has any Cobb Stage 2 WRX raced stock STi? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I would like to know what the outcome of the race will be when the race is staged from 0-80mph. ...

Has any Cobb Stage 2 WRX raced stock STi?

I would like to know what the outcome of the race will be when the race is staged from 0-80mph. I guess it's all driver's race since STi has one extra gear

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not really but I'd like to know that answer too. The STi should have the edge on paper but it might come down to a driver's race. I had one behind me at a light one day and I jumped on it from the start. He either wasn't interested or my car is really fast because I pulled away easily. He was obviously not trying.

I'm a TXS stage 3 and I ran an STi but he couldn't really drive...so the first time I outlaunched him and gave up...and the 2nd time he just blew the light so bad I didn't even bother I never get off clean races with out competitors...like I found an EVO for the first time ever...and he was really modded so he handed me my ass...and he never told me what was done so it was a waste...grrr.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

I ran a new STI and He got a 2.3 60 ft time to my 1.8 and I got hin in the 1/8th.

Originally posted by Drod
    I ran a new STI and He got a 2.3 60 ft time to my 1.8 and I got hin in the 1/8th.
    LOL, I would HOPE so man...the 1/8th mile isn't enough for a car to make up after that bad of a 60 foot...especially on an awd where the 60 foot is their strength. Figure every .1 in the 60 foot is about .2 in the 1/4 if you two are around the same e.t.'s then you're already about a second faster then him.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

My friend has an STi. He can't get away from me up to 100 from a 25mph roll. We never raced from a dig but I'm sure I can beat him. He is not muc h of a drag race kind of guy. I love him but he can't launch worth a sh!t. He has a TBE now so I think he will woop me good from a roll. IMHO Stg2 Wrx VS Stock STi = drivers race from a dig..

-Fess
    05 STi Silver/Silver Goodness!

fre
    unless the sti driver sucks the sti should edge it out. I ran an sti. All I could see was he had an exhaust and a BOV that was loud. I hit it in second and he hit it right afterwards and he wasn't gaining or losing at all so we were pretty even, but I am a vf34 stage4 so.

Originally posted by fre
    unless the sti driver sucks the sti should edge it out. I ran an sti. All I could see was he had an exhaust and a BOV that was loud. I hit it in second and he hit it right afterwards and he wasn't gaining or losing at all so we were pretty even, but I am a vf34 stage4 so.
    That sounds correct. My friends STi with exhaust put down 270whp. Thats within the range of an off the shelf wrx stage4.

-Fess
    05 STi Silver/Silver Goodness!