My WRX vs 49 other various cars today (autocross)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My WRX vs 49 other various cars today (autocross) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My "driver of the year" campaign (LOL) started off well today with me taking 1st out of 50 cars at ...

Arrow My WRX vs 49 other various cars today (autocross)

My "driver of the year" campaign (LOL) started off well today with me taking 1st out of 50 cars at the first JSCC event www.jolietsportscarclub.com (details on how they run the event within). I received a nice framed certificate from the group, and they'll have the official results posted sometime in the next couple of days. I took the WRX today, since there was a chance for rain, and figured that might be a factor. It ended up being clear and dry for the entire event, however.

Best lap time (not corrected) : 48.0xx (not sure of last two digits), and winning by 1/100th of a second over a well driven race prepped Mustang Cobra once the handicapping was figured in. I was the last one to run, so it set the stage for a nice dramatic moment for me. LOL

My favorite line of the day was from the starter on my last run:
    Starter: "The Viper guys were talking, and the one guy said, 'I can't tell my wife that I lost to a Subaru, cuz she'll go on and on about me spending $100,000 on my car, only to lose to a Subaru'."
    Me: "Really?"
    Starter: "Yeah, so go out there and do it!"

Nice to see Mike out there in his sweet 350Z, Brian in his blue WS6 and his dad in the Nassau Blue (?) C5. Another guy from last year with a blue A4 Z28 LS1, Two very nice F-bodies that were set up for roadracing: Black Z28 with an LT4 and 315's on all 4 wheels, and a silver LS1 Z28. I didn't get a chance to talk to those guys, as we were each busy doing our own thing, or working on the course, or driving. But I, and several others were very impressed by how well they did on today's course.

Other vehicles of note that competed today: 911 twin turbo, Boxster S, 3 Viper GTS, 2 new Viper SRT/10's, couple of Z06's on race tires, a VERY well driven silver C5 on street tires, some other Vettes, handful of BMW's and VW's, Audi S4, Toyota MRS Spyder on wiiiide tires, and an assortment of other vehicles that will show up on the list once it's posted.

Anyway, I had a blast, and will look at remounting the race tires for the Firehawk and see if I can do the same thing next time in the F-body.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

do you have any other suspension mods beside rear swaybar?

thats awesome... good to hear you did well..
    i wish i would have known, i would have loved to take my integra out there. i live near schaumburg so joliet isnt far at all
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Good job! Subaru's representing!

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Good racing,I hope you opened a few eyes out there.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Thanks guys! The only suspension mod I have right now is the swaybar. I'm running on regular Pirelli PZero Nero 225/45/17's. 40 psi in the fronts and 36 psi in the back was what I finally got the best lap times with. I've got 57,000 miles on the stock struts, springs, and clutch. New Eibachs are coming in a few days, along with some new replacement stock struts to help eliminate the body roll.

It was nearly comical to see a tall blue 4 door compact sedan amongst all the Vipers, Vettes, and other low slung cars that were running in the A class.

well done man, way to represent...
    joo bes reconize for teh subaru!

Very impressive! You must be one hell of a good driver to beat out competition like that. I guess it doesn't matter that a person has a z06 or 911 if they can't drive it.

dam, well done

The course was low speed (I only saw a max of 55 mph according to my boost controller), and it was all 1st and 2nd gear. The high HP cars didn't really have a chance to utilize their power, and I know they'd smoke me at Gingerman or Road America, for example. Still, in this particular event, the WRX more then held it's own. As for the driver, all I did was gas, brake, shift and steer!

good job.....
    very impressive......

"once the handicapping was figured in"

What does that mean??

Originally posted by wyowrx
    "once the handicapping was figured in"

What does that mean??
    http://www.jolietsportscarclub.com/r...formation.html

very nice

my hat's off,good job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast