My WRX vs 49 other various cars today (autocross) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My WRX vs 49 other various cars today (autocross) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; kick ass!! so which class did you say you were in? who held the overall fastest time?...

kick ass!! so which class did you say you were in? who held the overall fastest time?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Great job Dan.

I can definitely attest to Dan's excellent driving skills.

Well, except that 180 we pulled a week ago on our Spring cruise .

Originally posted by POLAR
    kick ass!! so which class did you say you were in? who held the overall fastest time?
    This group runs things differently than SCCA. It's more "run what ya' brung". Cars are grouped by time based on their best lap time of 6 runs. The 7th and final run determines the final standings for group A-E, with A being the fastest. I ended up in A. Best lap of the day in the 1st 6 runs belonged to one of the Z28's or the Cobra with a 47.xx something lap. Once JSCC posts the final results with all the times, I'll know for sure, and I'll post that link for those who like details and such.

Shaitiger: I thought I paid you off to keep that bit of information to yourself? Anyway, there wasn't any "surprise" gravel in the middle of any of the turns during the autocross, so no 180's this time. Rural Wisconsin roads are a different story, however!

awsome stuff..
    -Andrew

I wish we could get that kind of turnout for autocrosses near here! Sounds like a lot of fun. Best I've ever done is 8th of 34 (night time autocross...lots of fun).

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Kind of O.T., but talk about flashbacks. I lived in Catlin for 3 years, and if I remember correctly...Joliet & Schaumberg weren't too far from there...no?

Link to the results page for people that like to look at numbers, and the rest of the competing vehicles. The final column titled "Finished" gives the standings based on the "Final Factored Run". So, essentially, I qualified 7th, and finished 1st.
    http://www.jolietsportscarclub.com/Results5-02-04.htm

very nice driving...btw...how did your breaks fare thru the competition and afterwards? Ive always been afraid of going through a road course because im still on stock breaks, and i heard they really suck for roadcoarses, not to mention they will completely fade and wear out if there is any serious breaking.

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

The course is all 1st and 2nd gear, so you aren't generating as much heat as on a full high speed road course. And as you can see, the laps are less than a minute each. I don't think any of the wide variety of cars out there on stock brakes have had any problems. I'm running Rotora rotors (stock size, with slots) and have been using Hawk HPS pads and they've worked well for the driving that I do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12