Ko Gti Vs. Sti
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Ko Gti Vs. Sti within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced a Sti in St. Aug. today from a think a 20 mph roll up to i think 70 ...

Ko Gti Vs. Sti

I raced a Sti in St. Aug. today from a think a 20 mph roll up to i think 70 or 80. I think we were even, But i was ahead just a little but not by much. He asked me if i had nazzzz. I said no just a bigger turbo. And the second race we raced around 20 or 30 mph. He got the jump and my bumper was at his door, Then i missed 3 rd real bad. And he put a half car or more on me. I seen a laptop in his car and i think he had an exhuast im not sure. And he had a someone with him. I was spiking over 25 psi. Could he had been tuning his car with the laptop? And i wonder if it was a real Sti.
    2003 GTI ,Ko4,Revo 4 bar,Bar 4 fpr

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What do you run and trap at in the 1/4 mile?

I really dont know. I was thinking of going to the track in waycross, Ga. to find out.

what other mods do you have?
    Not knocking ya but a k04 isnt a real upgrade.
    In fact its a waste of money when an AWP engine code 1.8t already has a k03sport.

Its believeable that you were hanging with em.

I know people with stock turbos with bolt ons that beat sti's in the quarter mile.
    Jazz Blue 20AE #1584
    GT30R Powered

Just the Ko4 and Revo and a bar 4 fpr. Well the ko4 dosnt run out of breath like the ko3.

Originally posted by GT30RGTI

I know people with stock turbos with bolt ons that beat sti's in the quarter mile.
    You're kidding right? The fastest I've seen a 1.8t stock turbo w/o N2O trap is 103 on 100 octane giac program. forgot the guys name, but he posts alot on vortex. Stock sti can trap that same speed on 93 octane. Plus, I haven't seen a stock turbo w/o N2O run less than a 13 flat with slicks, most run mid 13's, even with all the bolt ons (chip, intake, dv, tip, fmic, exhaust, pulleys, etc...)

I agree, k04 isn't really an upgrade over the k03 sport. k03 sport runs k04 internals with k03 housing. both run out of steam towards redline.

you've done it now...soon will come the proof..
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Originally posted by FastARSEWRX
    You're kidding right? The fastest I've seen a 1.8t stock turbo w/o N2O trap is 103 on 100 octane giac program. forgot the guys name, but he posts alot on vortex. Stock sti can trap that same speed on 93 octane. Plus, I haven't seen a stock turbo w/o N2O run less than a 13 flat with slicks, most run mid 13's, even with all the bolt ons (chip, intake, dv, tip, fmic, exhaust, pulleys, etc...)

I agree, k04 isn't really an upgrade over the k03 sport. k03 sport runs k04 internals with k03 housing. both run out of steam towards redline.
    guys name is kraut fed.
    12.8 on stock turbo

does not have pullies, FMIC or slicks.

btw i can name another guy vdubndizzy that beats evo/sti's with stock turbo.
    Jazz Blue 20AE #1584
    GT30R Powered

The guy was spraying a 50 shot for the 12.8 run and vdubndizzy ran a 13.2@103 using giac 100 octane (he literally has all the bolt ons available!). mid 12's can be done with a 50shot and exhaust on a wrx!

I'm specifically looking for a 1.8t not on the bottle w/stock turbo, pump gas (91 or 93 oct), street tires that can run numbers similar to the sti...

not taking anything away from the 1.8t. I'm a big fan, and I know that with a gt28r (in the apr stage 3), it can definately run with the big dogs, but I'm still skeptical about a stock turbo not juiced or running race gas beating a stock sti.

one of my buddies has a awp gti with every bolt on, minus a lsd, and i would walk on him from a roll when my sti was stock. he runs consistent low 13's and traps 103+ on 100 octane and mid 13's w/~100 trap on 93 octane. if we went from a stop, I would roast him badly. he has 10 years of dragging & auto-x w/fwd cars too!
    Last edited by FastARSEWRX; 05-03-2004 at 09:47 PM.

i've seen the guys dyno..i've seen the time slip.....his right..the guy ran a 12.887 @ 110mph on stock turbo

You cant really expect a near stock gti to compete with a sti....
    There is just no way.
    Displacment is much smaller. Turbo is much smaller.

So it would obviously need some mods.

It would also need race gas.

So without those its got no chance.

Also the apr stage 3 comes with a GT25(waste of money)

ATP has a kit with a GT28RS.

Us 1.8t's arent as fortunate to make huge power in stock turbo form
    Jazz Blue 20AE #1584
    GT30R Powered

my bad, I meant the atp. My buddy is waiting to see how the dubwerks s2 kit works out before he get's it. Should be interesting how our "races" turn out.

yea that kit seems promising, even though its taking forever to come out.

Im a DIY type of guy so i went custom on mine.
    Jazz Blue 20AE #1584
    GT30R Powered

broken link

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.