Raced EVO in rain.. pretty sure it was stock

This is a discussion on Raced EVO in rain.. pretty sure it was stock within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Me and my girlfriend were sitting at a light and i said "check out that car back there" she looked ...

Raced EVO in rain.. pretty sure it was stock

Me and my girlfriend were sitting at a light and i said "check out that car back there" she looked and i said " Bet $ he passes all them cars and trys to race me. (he was about 2 cars back and a lane over) Sure enough after i said that the light turns green and he starts weaving around cars to get next to me. I was cruising about about 40 in 5th gear.(it was raining) He is pulling hard behind me at about 60 im guessing by how fast he was catching up to me and i was only going 40. I say screw this im not gonna let this guy just pass me up w/out a chance.About when he was one car length behind i droped to 2nd. So i drop into 2nd mash on the gas take it from about 40 to 80 or so because there was a light ahead. I pull about another car length on him. I was suprised i thought for sure he'd pass me givin his momentom. But i guess thats what stage 3 did for me. I'd have liked to race again but he turned off at the next light.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc00312.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice runs... but racing in the rain is a bit dangerous. the part is that it was raining and you said that you shifted down to second and mashed the gas...
    any other fwd or rwd car would have spun like mad and lost control... atleast my integra would have
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Gotta love awd

I Support ClubWRX
    You were in 5th gear around 40mph. The car must have been gasping for a gear change.

Please be careful and not race in the rain. For innocent bystanders sake.

ya thats why i stoped it at 80, i like to cruise in 5th to save gas. I always put safety first, there was no one around.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You know the guy was going to do the flyby.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

For being mad he lost? ya he did that. Had to slam on breaks cuz there was a stop ligth ahead, then he turned off. I'da liked to get another go at it. My girlfriend was so scared though lol she might notta went for it.