WRX(me) vs rsx,z28,WRX, and SerVspec

This is a discussion on WRX(me) vs rsx,z28,WRX, and SerVspec within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced a quite a few cars last night. The first of the night was and rsx and older integra(late ...

WRX(me) vs rsx,z28,WRX, and SerVspec

I raced a quite a few cars last night. The first of the night was and rsx and older integra(late 80's-to early 90's), we went from a 60 punch, i imediately took the jump on the rsx(and kept pulling)but to my suprise the integra was right next to me. I ended the race at around 100 and at that time we were dead even, i may have been pulling but it was very very slowly. Later on i ran ito a group of cars which included a Z28 and a WRX. I raced the Z28 from a 40 punch and we pretty much stayed even all the to 65 when it ended. We caught the next light so pulled up next to him then the WRX got next to me. When it turned green we all launched, i took about 1-1.5 car lead on both cars i kept pulling on the WRX but the Z28 would catch and get even and would pretty much stay even to like 60. We repeated this for the next 2 lights with the same out come. I then raced an SERVspec that revved at me so we went from a 40 punch to about 65 and i would pull every time and for some reason he saw the need to challange me about 4 more times like if for some reason the outcome would change, It didnt. I had a very fun night and am quite happy my cars performance.
    <<My car
    COBB Stage II --- 8.52 @ 81mph in the 1/8 mile
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good races there....say you're in houston...where are you cruising for these races?? I used to cruise down westheimer, but now all the good places have been shut down by cops. I've been looking for a new place where cars hang out.
    2001 GT Mustang - Supercharged, 351RWHP...352RWTQ-old #'s
    Newest Numbers 401RWHP 392RWTQ..and tomorrow it will be higher

awesome races.
    its hard to say why the integra hung with you. if it was a 2nd gen then it could have been a turbo GS, LS. I would think you would hear the turbo though, so more than likely i am thinking it was a GSR. the gen2 GSR's are pretty quick from a roll, and with basic bolt on's like intake, header, exhaust, intake manifold, it could very easily hang with a stageII rex from a roll.

nice job on keeping with the z28. was it an ls1 or lt1?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    awesome races.
    its hard to say why the integra hung with you. if it was a 2nd gen then it could have been a turbo GS, LS. I would think you would hear the turbo though, so more than likely i am thinking it was a GSR. the gen2 GSR's are pretty quick from a roll, and with basic bolt on's like intake, header, exhaust, intake manifold, it could very easily hang with a stageII rex from a roll.

Yeah I integra suprised me, i thought i heard a BOV, and my brother heard it too but i'm not 100% sure. As for the Z28 i didnt get a good look at it.
    <<My car
    COBB Stage II --- 8.52 @ 81mph in the 1/8 mile
    Mods

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Wow,good night of racing
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/81544.png
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Awesome races and great you were out showing well for the Subarus.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    awesome races.

I don't think BPU GSR can hang with Cobb Stage 2 WRX from a roll.

Originally posted by WRXreX
    I don't think BPU GSR can hang with Cobb Stage 2 WRX from a roll.
    i dont man... i am saying your lying... but a gsr with i/h/e/IM/ and other misc bolt on's will pull darn hard from a roll.
    i think it would be pretty close, but i would give the edge to the rex.
    i have a gsr with intake, exhaust, testpipe CC, clutch, flywheel and i am pretty sure i could edge out a stock wrx from a higher roll. my friend with an axle back on his rex said my car pulls harder than his above 70mph. but not many people start races at those speeds, so it doesnt matter all to much
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Back when I was stage 2 with up-pipe and intake, I pulled on my friend's bpu type-r ever so slighty. Well, not really a type-r, but a type-r swapped integra which used to be a gsr. I know the real type-r's are lighter.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.