Mazda RX-8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mazda RX-8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I know this car doesn't get alot of respect here in this forum but I had my first chance to ...

Mazda RX-8

I know this car doesn't get alot of respect here in this forum but I had my first chance to look at a co-worker's new ride yesterday. OMG, what a beautiful car...it is too bad that it doesn't haul ass as well as it looks. He is a little older (Captain) and didn't know too much about the WRX so I didn't want to burst his bubble as how that white wagon over there woukd hand him his ass...Sorry, no race...but what a beautiful car...and that leather interior....ahhh

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I agree its a good looking car but not that fast at all, I think i heard something about a Masdaspeed version coming out soon.
    <<My car
    COBB Stage II --- 8.52 @ 81mph in the 1/8 mile
    Mods

I sat in one at the Mazda dealership, and was impressed with the fit and finish, but I'd take my WRX.

I did like how low I was sitting, though. Eye line felt good..(for sitting in a showroom, at least)
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Trailboss
    I did like how low I was sitting, though. Eye line felt good..(for sitting in a showroom, at least)
    I miss that about my old Probe.

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

i test drove an rx8... (told them i was gonna trade in the wrx, hell no)... the clutch is really really soft... i loved the interior, except for the stupid design of the e-brake... drove ok, but didn't really have the kick i wanted...

i think they are one of the better looking cars on the road right now. especially in that nice metallic blue color.
    i see a lot around here on nice days.

mazda made a big mistake with the power of that car. it would be SOOOO much nicer with some power to back up the looks. it handles great, looks great, feel great, but just doesnt have a punch. i think the car needs another 40hp.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Nice looking car, but their performance is kind of disappointing. I would much rather have my WRX.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

it's known to have its 6th gear going bad... check out rx8club.com

Originally posted by WRXreX
    it's known to have its 6th gear going bad... check out rx8club.com
    yeah, i have heard of A LOT of transmission problems with those cars... especially the clutches
    Just call me Clark Kent

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The RX8 does have a great interior,and I imagine in the next couple of years Mazda will address the power issue.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Originally posted by josnroh
    The RX8 does have a great interior,and I imagine in the next couple of years Mazda will address the power issue.
    im not sure... it would be good if they did, and i am sure the power will increase, but mazda always seems to be one step behind in the power department than all its competitors. they seem to focus more on handling and fit&finish. which isnt a bad thing i guess
    Just call me Clark Kent

I like it. It has a nice smooth ride. The interior is top notch. The speed is a disappointment though.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Originally posted by WRX-Z
    I agree its a good looking car but not that fast at all, I think i heard something about a Masdaspeed version coming out soon.
    I read somewhere that the Masdaspeed verion is only going to be looks not power... Wing + front spoiler + side skirts.

Mazda has had many problems with that car. Trans, HP, and Fuel Econ, a fair amount have to go in and get tuned, coming out putting almost < 100hp. With fuel econ @ about 14mpg.

But, once they get up to speed you hardly ever have to slow down for turns.

Originally posted by josnroh
    Am I the only person who thinks that there are too many stylized "rotors" on the car?
    2002 WRX WRB

I noticed that too. It is kind of cheesy.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.