LS1 vs STi challange
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on LS1 vs STi challange within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; There's a guy over at LS1.COM that says he drives a bone stock LS1 TA automatic. He been talking nothing ...

LS1 vs STi challange

There's a guy over at LS1.COM that says he drives a bone stock
    LS1 TA automatic. He been talking nothing but smack about WRX's and STi's. He said that he will smoke any stock STi in a drag race.
    He says he will even smoke one in a race up to 50mph.

The guy wants to setup a race a Firebird Raceway in AZ. I was hoping someone with an STi in that area could shut this guy up.

He first made a claim that no V4 could ever smoke his V8. He very ignorant.

Here's the wed address

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...hreadid=502441

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That is just sad.

V4? I havent heard of V4 before. Im thinking either your talking about Inline 4 or Horzontal 4 to my knowledge there isnt any V4s.

Anyways on to the topic, This guy is just a typical domestic fan. I dont hate on domestic at all, its just not my style. There isnt any domestic car out there that I really like beside the SRT4. I think its a great car for its price but ugly. Its not my style, thats what ill say.

Anyways, I live in TN. There are a load of domestic car fan. Some of them think all imports have 4 bangers, FWD, and 1.8L engines beancans. Now thats ignorance. Anyways, I would love to see the race.

Originally posted by bone138
    That is just sad.
    The sad thing is that if he does ever get walked by a WRX or STI he will never admit it or accept it. There will be an excuse for everything....
    Last edited by EIonJess; 05-01-2004 at 05:14 PM.

Yeah, a debadged trunk isn't stock. That doesn't count. "I said STOCK for STOCK, read my post!"

What a toolbag. This quote tops it off...

"of course modified four cyl can go fast. but no STOCK 4 bang is going to take my car.

no way no how. and i will bet ANY amount of money on that."

I guess he has no idea that his car in stock form (stock automatic T/A) is a mid 13 second car at best and any stock STi with a competent driver can smoke him.

2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Smile

On behalf of the competent LS1 owners out there, I apologize for anyone having to deal with that moron. I wasn't about to waste my time reading all 9+ pages of that thread, however...

Shaitiger and I have made numerous believers in our Chicagoland F-body club about the WRX and capability of "just a 4 banger", so not all LS1 and F-body people are that ignorant. Hopefully this guy learns soon, or has someone sew his mouth shut and force him to type with oven mitts on his hands.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    On behalf of the competent LS1 owners out there, I apologize for anyone having to deal with that moron. I wasn't about to waste my time reading all 9+ pages of that thread, however...

Shaitiger and I have made numerous believers in our Chicagoland F-body club about the WRX and capability of "just a 4 banger", so not all LS1 and F-body people are that ignorant. Hopefully this guy learns soon, or has someone sew his mouth shut and force him to type with oven mitts on his hands.
    Don't worry...we all know one can spoil the bunch...but I am honestly curious to see what his stock auto runs...my friends automatic and completely stock Mustang GT ran a 13.9 when they're rated low 14's...maybe he has a factory freak or some "free" mods or little tricks up his sleeve...
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Someone race him, beat him, and get it on camera. I would but it's a loooooong trip and I'm not stock anymore...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by SERacing
    Don't worry...we all know one can spoil the bunch...but I am honestly curious to see what his stock auto runs...my friends automatic and completely stock Mustang GT ran a 13.9 when they're rated low 14's...maybe he has a factory freak or some "free" mods or little tricks up his sleeve...
    yeah, thats very irregular. most stock auto gt's are running high 14's. a few freaks have gotten mid 14's but that quite rare.

this guy is a joke... i didnt bother to go past the 4th page, but i hope to god that someone races and embarrasses this guy. him getting taken in an sti would be nice... but if some raced him with a VERY stock looking civic hatch... but had B18c1 with turbo!!! that would be great
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Haha,that guy must have been drinking all day.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

fre
    I go down to that strip quite a bit and might be going next friday but I am not stock

That guy is complete idiot.

Unless he's running low low 13s in his stock A4, he's going to get owned if the guy in the STi is an above average driver. Otherwise, it will be a close race.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

I can't believe I read all that crap.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ohgod.jpg  

funny stuff, ill try an get his attention, i have a wrx hell never run, but im gonna try an get this guy in glendale with a stocker sti to get him.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast