LS1 vs STi challange - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on LS1 vs STi challange within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; if this guy was in southern cali i'd produce a lot of cars that would own him...hatches...and my friends gti ...

if this guy was in southern cali i'd produce a lot of cars that would own him...hatches...and my friends gti would make his car look like his standing still...stupid ls1 guys is so retarted..i hope we dont have idiots like that on this forum
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

fre
    Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    if this guy was in southern cali i'd produce a lot of cars that would own him...hatches...and my friends gti would make his car look like his standing still...stupid ls1 guys is so retarted..i hope we dont have idiots like that on this forum
    Ls1s are teh f4st4st ev4r and no 4 banger piece of crap can touch me. I will except no other input as this has to be the truth.

On a serious note I saw a 4 banger (venom tundra) go 6.99 I believe. I wonder how he would take to that. I mean a four banger going almost as fast as the v8 class just below top fuel (cant remember what they are called) the class he supposedly runs though. That is impressive in my book.

Now on average will a built up v8 take a built up 4.... yes, but there are always exceptions

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    Shaitiger and I have made numerous believers in our Chicagoland F-body club about the WRX and capability of "just a 4 banger", so not all LS1 and F-body people are that ignorant. Hopefully this guy learns soon, or has someone sew his mouth shut and force him to type with oven mitts on his hands.
    IMPREZvWRX and I dynoed his WRX on an F-body dyno day and we got mad props on his ~300WHP WRX. GM guys will always be alright in my book. Even Mustang Cobra drivers are cool. Honestly, the most ignorant group of "car enthusiasts" are MGT guys who think the fox body will always be the fastest car on the road.

-Jim

Originally posted by billmclaugh
    I'd love to see an STi or an EVO take him down and shut his arrogant, narrow-minded ass up, but nobody in AZ apparently has the cojones to race him.

Bill M.
    Here's the plan. Have any one with an STi show up at whatever track he wants. I'll fly to AZ and drive the STi and I'll put up $500 that I can beat him thru the 1/8, if not the 1/4. I'd rather drive my WRX, but I'm not about to schlep her to Arizona to make a TA guy look stupid. I can do that at Atco any time.

-Jim

Originally posted by KnightRider2K
    Because he knows the automatic is consistantly faster than the manual.
    but its not, the manual if faster especially if driven by someone who knows how to drive....you'd think with 30yrs driving experience this chump would know how to shift a few gears by himself
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

Propose a change in the bet. If he loses, he pays for their gas to get there and back, as well as hotel if it's required, plus has to buy your whole crew a nice dinner someplace of your choice...in addition to the rather tiny $100. Doubt he accepts 'cause to even propose those conditions, you'd have to be pretty confident.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by renichms
    Propose a change in the bet. If he loses, he pays for their gas to get there and back, as well as hotel if it's required, plus has to buy your whole crew a nice dinner someplace of your choice...in addition to the rather tiny $100. Doubt he accepts 'cause to even propose those conditions, you'd have to be pretty confident.

RN
    Hell I'll do it, but he wants someone stock. I'm always up for a trip out west, but teh poor baby won't race a modded four-cylinder.

If 4-cyl suck so bad, why won't he race one with a few tiny mods that only give me a few (if ANY) more whp than him?
    2004 STi, Java Black Pearl
    www.cardomain.com/id/2004wrxsti

Best ET 4/24/04
    12.38@109

go to honda-tech.com

post in the regionals and run a link to this thread and the T/A thread.. i am sure there is someone with a hatch that will run him..

there are several on that board running hybrid motors with F/I that will hand it to him
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

guy has declined many challenges...stock sti's have tried
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

i rather see some ''4 banger'' FI civic hatch hand his ass 2 him..that would be a lot more interesting...i love the look on domestic car lovers when a little hatch at fontana takes out a mighty vette viper or any ls1 etc etc...its funny...i've seen a tape of a hatch beating a viper..even when the viper ran a 11.3...the whole place is silent
    When my friend and I are out in his GTS Viper, we get asked to race by ricers all the time.... Are they faster? Who knows.... He never races them.... Its not about who's faster, its who hotter!!

Other Car: "You wanna race that Viper?"

Viper: "Na, you're faster...."

You pull up *anywhere* in the Viper and you are basically a celebrity... too much attention really... you will get more noticed by the women becuase they know you have money and they like the car.... As long as your not a prick you just might get some.... Nobody cares if you roll in with a 2002 GTi that does 0-60 in -3 seconds or the 1/4 in 6.2 @ 4000 MPH.... Only ricer types.... And they even end up hanging around the Viper...

Next car for me: SRT-10

Somebody is ALWAYS faster.... Being unique is more fun...

03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

Originally posted by 03Cobra

Nope! My car is the Fastest! But then, I do have Thrust SSC parked in the garage..... More unique and faster (once my engines spool up!) than a viper too, or any other car out there!

j/k.... I'm bored!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by 03Cobra
    When my friend and I are out in his GTS Viper, we get asked to race by ricers all the time.... Are they faster? Who knows.... He never races them.... Its not about who's faster, its who hotter!!

Other Car: "You wanna race that Viper?"

Viper: "Na, you're faster...."

You pull up *anywhere* in the Viper and you are basically a celebrity... too much attention really... you will get more noticed by the women becuase they know you have money and they like the car.... As long as your not a prick you just might get some.... Nobody cares if you roll in with a 2002 GTi that does 0-60 in -3 seconds or the 1/4 in 6.2 @ 4000 MPH.... Only ricer types.... And they even end up hanging around the Viper...

Next car for me: SRT-10

i wouldnt say a viper makes you a celebrity... several of my friends dads own vipers... dont get me wrong... they are nice, but really dont have the attention grabbing affect they used too. if you think about it you will see way more bmw 740IL's which are more money than an srt-10 viper.

though i do agree..... a stock car like a viper, lotus, 911 etc... will get more attention than a 9 sec civic or GTI. I am not an attention ***** but this is why i want a car that is not only go, but also has some style and refinement.......

unfortunatly, i am young and in school, so this wont happen for a while
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

fre
    **** I get enough attention just with the rex so I wouldn't really care to have a car that attracts even more people... I like low key and fast, just my style.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234