LS1 vs STi challange - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on LS1 vs STi challange within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; That guy sucks, but its good to know that other people are level headed on that forum and know he's ...

That guy sucks, but its good to know that other people are level headed on that forum and know he's an idiot.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hahaha:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...5&pagenumber=9

Hey, ej25T, you on this board? I dont recognize your name over there.

Either way, take him!!! :evil grin:
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

my friend has a 2000 camaro z28...stock, it runs 13.2...he's got an intake and cutout and I've seen him beat an STi.... I think the person in the STi didn't launch too well...
    Myspace

2007 WRX TR - "stock for now"

Originally posted by Trailboss
    hahaha:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...5&pagenumber=9

Hey, ej25T, you on this board? I dont recognize your name over there.

Either way, take him!!! :evil grin:
    Hi! I'm EJ25T at Nasioc and sK1Cl-S on this site.. I'm up for a friendlly run and that's why I gave that guy my e-mail if he happens to be around IL or IN..
    01 CL Type S *Sold*
    04 Silver/Gold STi
    -COBB AP Stage 2 / 93 oct
    -Drop in K&N filter
    -Bosal Single Tip Catback
    -Helix 3" Catless Downpipe
    -Replica STi front strut tower brace

hmmm, we should try and get a lot of the phoenix drivers to go to the track one night and drop him a line that we're gonna be there and see if he shows...it'd be fun...maybe he wants to race my friend with an 03 Mach 1, that'd probably be a good race.
    Last edited by thinkledge; 05-02-2004 at 06:54 AM.

anybody want to give him a call?

the rocket scientist that he is posted his phone #
    "My cell number is 480-751-3484 and be honest about being stock."

did anyone notice that in his profile joined on April 1st?
    Last edited by Quack; 05-02-2004 at 08:04 AM.

Originally posted by Quack
    anybody want to give him a call?

the rocket scientist that he is posted his phone #
    "My cell number is 480-751-3484 and be honest about being stock."

did anyone notice that in his profile joined on April 1st?
    Remember that "Selling a boat" thread? We should do the same thing (get 1000 people to call about the race)

What a MORON!
    Firebird raceway would definitely give the advantage to the STI. It is the worst traction track in Arizona. Give the AWD a nice perk.
    I cannot believe that a moron of that caliber is still alive.

Has anyone taken his offer (well, that he'd be willing to race)?

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by Wannabe
    What a MORON!
    Firebird raceway would definitely give the advantage to the STI. It is the worst traction track in Arizona. Give the AWD a nice perk.
    I cannot believe that a moron of that caliber is still alive.
    He's not a moron. The morons are the ones 3000 miles away "re-challenging" him. It's kind of sad that no one took the guy up on his offer. The thread seems to be locked now.

Bill M.
    2003 World Rally Blue WRX Wagon
    AccessPort - Stage 1 93 Oct.
    Fuzion ZRi tires
    Hardwired Valentine One / Lidatek LE-30
    XM Roady
    50% Tint

sht
    i read the whole post and i will never forgive you for linking that here. my head hurts
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

I've seen auto LS1s run best times of 13.2-13.3 @ approximately 105mph in completely stock form. The autos are typically faster than their manual counterparts. I would put my money on a stock Sti in a head to head competition, but it is by no means guaranteed. Any miscalculated launch or missed shift and the auto LS1 could reel you in.

he reminds me of kerry.

"Bring on the challenges all you stil losers!"

"Someone posted this on a wrx board and now i'm getting all these pm's. Stop Pm-ing me!"
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

In NO WAY am I on this guys side. Purely cause he's a bit of a d*ck..... I read enough of his thread to get the *gist* of what's going on....

Oh and BTW, the AUTO's are NOT faster than the M6. The M6's will trap about 2 MPH faster in the 1/4. But, the Auto's can make faster times.

BUT, we need to remember some KEY points:

1. This guy has LOTs of experience driving.

2. The STi is faster 0-60 by about a second.

3. The STi will launch better in general but his experience coupled with the auto will make him a formidable oponent off the line.

4. The LS1 will trap higher in the 1/4 by about 1-2 MPH.

5. The typical times are anwhere from 12.8 - 13.5 in those cars. Its all driver. Key word - DRIVER.

His statements, however, made it sound like his LS1 (stock) would, in fact, take EVERY STOCK 4 BANGER out there. No MATTER WHO'S DRIVING!!!
    I personally think its going to be VERY close. Best driver in an STi and the Best driver in the LS1 should put the LS1 in the lead by the end of the 1/4., every time. But not by much.

Again, these LS1's can be NASTY! There are guys who *LOOK* stock ,and are "cheating." They have lightened there Z28 substantially. By about 400 lbs. There are auto SS's who've lightened the car, and put only exhaust, headers, and CAI who pull 11's.... No chips, nothing internal... Just breathing better and weight reduction and those LS1's are NASTY FAST!

From a roll it should still be a drivers race. The STI is the most AWSOME 4 banger I've ever driven or seen....

We should see LOTs of these races this drag season.

03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

Originally posted by 03Cobra
    In NO WAY am I on this guys side. Purely cause he's a bit of a d*ck..... I read enough of his thread to get the *gist* of what's going on....

Oh and BTW, the AUTO's are NOT faster than the M6. The M6's will trap about 2 MPH faster in the 1/4. But, the Auto's can make faster times.

BUT, we need to remember some KEY points:

1. This guy has LOTs of experience driving.

2. The STi is faster 0-60 by about a second.

3. The STi will launch better in general but his experience coupled with the auto will make him a formidable oponent off the line.

4. The LS1 will trap higher in the 1/4 by about 1-2 MPH.

5. The typical times are anwhere from 12.8 - 13.5 in those cars. Its all driver. Key word - DRIVER.

His statements, however, made it sound like his LS1 (stock) would, in fact, take EVERY STOCK 4 BANGER out there. No MATTER WHO'S DRIVING!!!
    I personally think its going to be VERY close. Best driver in an STi and the Best driver in the LS1 should put the LS1 in the lead by the end of the 1/4., every time. But not by much.

Again, these LS1's can be NASTY! There are guys who *LOOK* stock ,and are "cheating." They have lightened there Z28 substantially. By about 400 lbs. There are auto SS's who've lightened the car, and put only exhaust, headers, and CAI who pull 11's.... No chips, nothing internal... Just breathing better and weight reduction and those LS1's are NASTY FAST!

From a roll it should still be a drivers race. The STI is the most AWSOME 4 banger I've ever driven or seen....

We should see LOTs of these races this drag season.

The only thing that I disagree with are those typical times for a bone stock LS1 auto (A4)
    I used to own one and it was no where close to a 12.8 sec car bone stock. More like mid 13s
    I typically ran 13.5s - 13.7s @ 103 - 105mph.

I'm sure there has been a few guys on perfect days with a favorable wind to run such times but its a 1 in a 100 +.

I also watch about a dozen different LS1 z28s run down the track on Saturdays at Bradenton Motorpark. If the LS1 z28 is stock, its going to run mid 13s - 95% of the time.

But I'm almost sure that guy probably has gears, and a converter if not more. I'm also sure he would show up with drag radials. There' s no way he's going to show up with a bone stock LS1 z28 expecting to smoke an STi in a drag race. It just won't happen if the guy driving the STi knows what he's doing.

In my STi I've made pretty easy work of the stock LS1's I've raced. My best 1/4 mile time is only 12.8 and thats more than fast enough to put a couple cars on them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.