Me vs Sportbike
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Me vs Sportbike within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I don't want to call it a crotch-rocket, cause he didn't blow by me. He was on the same nearly ...

Me vs Sportbike

I don't want to call it a crotch-rocket, cause he didn't blow by me. He was on the same nearly abandoned highway as me and I saw him lean over and punch it. I did the same. I got up to about 115 and he wasn't gaining any ground. When I got over to exit, he gave a thumbs up. Fun stuff. Didn't see what kind of bike it was because he had painted over any markings (solid red bike).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That reminds me off this time that I was at the video store and the manager was talking all this smack about his GSXR750 with Yosh cams and N2O and blah, blah, blah. So he leaves work and I leave the store and we both hit Rt 1. North. I'm like two cars back, so I after the ramp I get in the left lane and go right by him. I honked and waved and he ignored me. I kept waiting for him to hit the nitrous and smoke me, but he just didn't. I gave him a lot of schit the next time I saw him and he said he never even saw me. What a crock! His bottle must've been empty or something. Even still, he would've smoked me at highway speeds! I don't get it.

Another time I was playing cat and mouse with a Yamaha R6 on 295 one morning. We kept passing each other. It was awesome. He gave me a tumbs up when I exitted (cause he was WAY behind me when I started to move over to exit). He was just passing the ramp as I was getting on it. That was a great morning! Talk about a rush...

-Jim

i'm always up for a game of catch with a car.... but no one ever wants to play with me

i've been up against lambos, porsches, vipers, etc.

actually, i have played a few times. fun!!

straight line is pretty much no competition except for the fastest of cars. the only time it gets close is the really curvy stuff.

0-60 < 3
    1/4 < 10
    top about 180

Love Peace Happiness Ride
    That Ride will soon be DRIVE!!!

Nice bike. The bike I ran with was nothing like yours. I don't like to race bikes in the twisties anymore because I saw a Harley almost go down by trying to keep up with me (his footpeg hit the ground). I'm not trying to get anyone hurt.

I raced my friends 00 R6 from a dead stop and had him up until about 70 mph

my bike smokes my car anytime, and my car is semi-heavy modded and my bike is stock. 130hp@500lb and 300hp@3200lb is no comparison.
    jadebaby, are u riding a gixer?
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

When I had my z28 I raced my friends 91 katana 600 and beat it and in my rex I killed my friends 97 ninja 250 but as for the newer 600's and 750's and higher, it's pretty hard for a car to compete with them.

gsx-r1000. it had it dynoed at 148hp at the rear.
    of course, all dynos are a bit different but it is one of the highest gix1's i've seen on that dyno. stock. gotta save up for my wrx

Racing an R6??? Puh Leaze

Originally posted by Mad WRX
    I raced my friends 00 R6 from a dead stop and had him up until about 70 mph
    C'mon man...if you kept up with your friend until 70 and he was on an R6, then one of two things happened either
    A) The bike was turned off until you hit about 40 or
    B) Your friend cant drive his bike to save his life.

I Drive a WRX and love the car, but lets not try and compare them to sportbikes...My last bike was an 00 GSXR750 and that bike would have destroyed a McLaren F1 in the quarter....there is just no comparing the two...

Re: Racing an R6??? Puh Leaze

Originally posted by ameshal

C'mon man...if you kept up with your friend until 70 and he was on an R6, then one of two things happened either
    A) The bike was turned off until you hit about 40 or
    B) Your friend cant drive his bike to save his life.

I Drive a WRX and love the car, but lets not try and compare them to sportbikes...My last bike was an 00 GSXR750 and that bike would have destroyed a McLaren F1 in the quarter....there is just no comparing the two...
    You're right. A stock WRX is no match for any sport bike in a straight line. My Aprilia Falco was way quicker than my WRX. My SV650 was quicker, for that matter. Where the Scooby can turn the tables is in the twisties. Nothing like four fat contact patches worth of 7" wide rubber and AWD working 'ya.
    Old, but not slow.

You guys want to see a pic of my '02 R6?

You've got to be a total squid to lose to a car.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sidee.jpg  
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

eww your civic has altezzas
    free food is the best food

Originally posted by JDMario
    eww your civic has altezzas
    Seriously OT:

JDM, Where've you been?

-Jim

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

Seriously OT:

JDM, Where've you been?

-Jim
    haha out and about. i just press the "view new threads" button and skim through all the posts. haha today i had to go through 17 pages. i dunno i just dont post a lot. i wonder if im still one of the top posters on this site. thers a lot of newbies and post *****s i see
    free food is the best food

bikes are diffinitely faster but the 750 vs. mclaren in the 1/4 ....

wow. just looked it up. i'm surprised. at least the mclaren is the fastest car (on this chart anyway) even if it is after 20 bikes.

(fyi. out of the first 4 the gsx-r is the only stock one )
    http://www.syclone.freeserve.co.uk/rivals.htm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.