Corvette C6 goes down
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Corvette C6 goes down within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have really been dying to race one since I have had my mods on because the numbers are so ...

Thumbs up Corvette Z06 goes down

I have really been dying to race one since I have had my mods on because the numbers are so similar. C6 does 0-60 in 3.9 and 1/4 in 12.4 and I average 3.8-4.0 and 12.1-12.3 and tonight I finally got my wish. My friend's uncle just got one last week and his uncle just went out of town for the weekend leaving his baby behind. So of course my friend snags it so he can cruise and we can race, winner buys the other dinner.

My friend is a very good driver so its not like I was racing some 50 year old guy here. Took them to a street used for races and let him run for awhile and get the feel of the car and the it was go time. I get a great launch while he has some wheel hop and that was all I needed, beat him by at about 2 lengths in the quarter mile. He said it was no fair since he didnt get a good launch so we lined up and ran again, he got as clean a launch as you can get in a RWD and I won again by at leat 1 full length

Here are the mods I had put on, its basically a Vishnu Stage 1 that puts out about 352 hp and 315 lb ft of torque on 100 octane race gas:

Reflashed ECU
    Vishnu turbo back exhaust
    Vishnu adjustable cam gears
    Forge blow-off valve
    Intercooler hose kit
    HKS 264 intake cam
    HKS 272 exhaust cam
    Modified fuel pump
    Last edited by EVOVIII; 05-01-2004 at 07:46 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

fre
    If you would have kept going it would have gotten ugly for you

OH nice kill btw Sounds like I would need my motor and gt35R turbo to beat you since I would assume I couldnt do better then about 12.7 right now.

You mean C5 z06? The C6 isnt even on lots yet.

Originally posted by googe
    You mean C5 z06? The C6 isnt even on lots yet.
    He is most likely talking about a Z06.

I've had many encounters with Z06s. From a dead stop, they can definately be beat. They don't seem to really get going until about 100mph.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    He is most likely talking about a Z06.

I've had many encounters with Z06s. From a dead stop, they can definately be beat. They don't seem to really get going until about 100mph.
    I beg to differ on that one...from a stop, you can hit 30 before them, but RWD and all, theyll still kill you getting to 60, and anything after that youre dead...

The 0-60 time on that car is 3.9 sec as opposed to the STI 4.6ish...and its RWD! Once they hook up, theyre gone

Yes, I mean Z06, what the hell was I thinking? I guess C5 and C6 who knows? We did hit 100 by the way, I trap right around 113 in the quarter and we raced a full quarter mile both times

Very impressive. Keep putting down those guys in the vettes. I know I have a few Z06s under my belt. Speaking of which, one owes me 500$.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Originally posted by Neversatisfied
    Very impressive. Keep putting down those guys in the vettes. I know I have a few Z06s under my belt. Speaking of which, one owes me 500$.
    Still not resolved?

No more Corvettes around here willing to race, whether they're C4 or C5, Z06 or otherwise. Same goes for most other cars. Went to a few races and now everyone just waves...and won't touch the gas.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

"I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I saw the videos of that man....really sucks. Some people can be such ****s. I'd say if you ever set up another race, have both of your $$$ in the hands of a neutral party before the race even starts. If they don't agree to that then don't run them.

Keep on killing those Z06s!
    03 350Z - intake, test pipes
    Best STOCK E.T. 13.68@102.77mph 2.09 60'
    Best mods E.T. 13.38@103.60mph 1.90 60'

just to let you guys know, the only 0-60 time for the z06 that was done in 3.9 was done clutchless powershifting. Seeing as no one would do this, check the more realistic times. 4.2-4.4. The E55 does it in 4.2 i think and C&D said the E55 could outrun the z06 "without breaking a sweat".

J-H
    Make sure you don't miss shift.... It will be like a grenade exploding.....

An E55 can outrun a Z06 . That is absolutely insane....I want to drive an E55 soooo bad....I've felt the Z06 powah....need to talk to an old lady that I know and see if she is willing to let me "wash her car" or something....."yeah, I pick up the car and wash them at home...I have all my equipment at home" Maybe then I will be able to run that beast

JH

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
    I saw the videos of that man....really sucks. Some people can be such ****s. I'd say if you ever set up another race, have both of your $$$ in the hands of a neutral party before the race even starts. If they don't agree to that then don't run them.

Keep on killing those Z06s!
    Not a problem. If it goes down for round 3 it will be at the track and it will be double or nothing. I will have the owner of the track hold the money.

There is a local street race vid of a E55 racing a built Mustang. The guy in the E55 rolls up to the spot and calls out the fastest thing there. If the 1/4 mile was 100 ft. longer he would have won as the E55 was pulling him HARD up top. E55 vs. Z06 I say E55 wins.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

I actually have the current Popular Mechanics magazine sitting right next to me here at work and one of the cover stories this month is Testing the 8 quickest Cars You Can Buy. And guess what... the E55 and the Z06 are in it.

#8 is the E55
    0-60mph - 5.06sec
    1/4 mile - 12.89 @115.81

#6 is the Z06
    0-60mph - 4.58sec
    1/4 mile - 12.53 @115.38

Looks like the Z06 is edging out in the 1/4 but the E55 trap speed is faster. Oh, and if you're curious the other 6 cars were:Lambo Gallardo(7th), BenzSL600, 911turbo, viper srt-10, ford gt, and saleen S7 as #1 with a 11.51 @127.38. Ferrari was not willing to participate in the event (chickens).

When it comes down to it, the driver is the deciding factor. I ran a Stock STI in my 02 WRX and constantly put an ass kicking on him. He was a bad driver. BTW my WRX is stock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast