Corvette C6 goes down - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Corvette C6 goes down within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Drod When it comes down to it, the driver is the deciding factor. I ran a Stock ...

J-H
    Originally posted by Drod
    When it comes down to it, the driver is the deciding factor. I ran a Stock STI in my 02 WRX and constantly put an ass kicking on him. He was a bad driver. BTW my WRX is stock.
    Bad to the power of 10 Geeeez

Good kills though....everybody!

JH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well, if you really want to take the driving stats from Popular Mechanics. Or you can look at this quote and page

"Based on our previous road test, the E55 AMG can almost keep up with the Dodge Viper SRT-10, and for sure can outrun a Corvette Z06 without breaking a sweat."

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=2

yeah I was wrong, road and track, not car and driver

I guess it comes down to driver. Most people driving these cars are probably older as most younger people can't afford them.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by renichms

No more Corvettes around here willing to race, whether they're C4 or C5, Z06 or otherwise. Same goes for most other cars. Went to a few races and now everyone just waves...and won't touch the gas.

RN
    haha,pussies.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Here's my take on the Z06:

1. I have seen about 50+ runs at various tracks.

2. I have raced them at the track and on the street.

Times I've seen at the track.

STOCK:

Most are 12.3-12.5 @ 115 - 116
    Good Drivers: 11.9 - 12.1 @ 117

Modded or DR's:
    Seen 12.3's
    Seen 11.7's

My stock 03 Cobra could hang with a bad driver. My lightly modded 03 Cobra would KILL most 0-80 and struggle against most 50 - 140. However, I still pulled them all. Just VERY slowly.

The Z06 was the only car (other than a Viper) than I raced that gave me trouble.

They are VERY VERY fast cars.

Anything is beatable.

Quote:
    "Horsepower costs money, how fast do you want to go?"

Know doubt I get more kicks out of stomping people in my friends STi than i did in my Cobra. The SHOCK value is SO much more rewarding....

STi is a TRUE sleeper....

Taking a Z06 in a 4 banger is "PRICELESS!"

The Z06 drivers I come across (most) have a snotty attitude. A "I cant be beat" attitude.

Just like the M3 and M5's that would pull next to my modded 03 Cobra and look at me with pitty as if to say "silly Mustang, racing is for *real* cars..."

Look on there face when I'm 100 yards ahead is again "PRICELESS!"

03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

[i]Taking a Z06 in a 4 banger is "PRICELESS!" [/B]
    I agree with you 100% there. The satisfaction is well worth the 500$ I have yet to receive.

Re: Corvette Z06 goes down

Originally posted by EVOVIII
    I have really been dying to race one since I have had my mods on because the numbers are so similar. C6 does 0-60 in 3.9 and 1/4 in 12.4 and I average 3.8-4.0 and 12.1-12.3 and tonight I finally got my wish. My friend's uncle just got one last week and his uncle just went out of town for the weekend leaving his baby behind. So of course my friend snags it so he can cruise and we can race, winner buys the other dinner.

My friend is a very good driver so its not like I was racing some 50 year old guy here. Took them to a street used for races and let him run for awhile and get the feel of the car and the it was go time. I get a great launch while he has some wheel hop and that was all I needed, beat him by at about 2 lengths in the quarter mile. He said it was no fair since he didnt get a good launch so we lined up and ran again, he got as clean a launch as you can get in a RWD and I won again by at leat 1 full length

Here are the mods I had put on, its basically a Vishnu Stage 1 that puts out about 352 hp and 315 lb ft of torque on 100 octane race gas:

Reflashed ECU
    Vishnu turbo back exhaust
    Vishnu adjustable cam gears
    Forge blow-off valve
    Intercooler hose kit
    HKS 264 intake cam
    HKS 272 exhaust cam
    Modified fuel pump
    Well you're lucky you ran into a stocker. I lined up against a H/C/I Z06 on slicks at Rockingham a few weeks ago and was so excited about running this guy I ended up missing third.
    I was dead even with him outta the hole and through most of first, then he pulled a length around the 1-2 shift, and started pulling harder, then I missed third and he was obviously gone.

He ran low 11s and I ended up in the 13s that run

Stockers aren't that tough to tangle with, but when you run into one with a few go-fast mods, I think you'll be seeing taillights.
    2004 STi, Java Black Pearl
    www.cardomain.com/id/2004wrxsti

Best ET 4/24/04
    12.38@109

If your traps are around 113's then it's totally believable that you are beating him. A stock Z06 usually will trap in the mid teens and some guys have even reported as low as 109-110 in hot/humid weather.

Please guys, don't get the impression that all of us Z06 owners are pricks and have the attitude that our cars can't be beat. Most of these guys are old school, domestic lovers who would never own a rice burner. I catch flack all the time over on the Z06 forum because my username is WRX2Z06. I guess since I've owned a WRX I respect 4 cyl turbocharged cars more than other Vette drivers.
    Last edited by Flyboy; 05-08-2004 at 02:14 PM.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Originally posted by Drod
    When it comes down to it, the driver is the deciding factor. I ran a Stock STI in my 02 WRX and constantly put an ass kicking on him. He was a bad driver. BTW my WRX is stock.
    Would have had to have been a horible driver if you beat an STi stock.

Originally posted by Flyboy
    If your traps are around 113's then it's totally believable that you are beating him. A stock Z06 usually will trap in the mid teens and some guys have even reported as low as 109-110 in hot/humid weather.

Please guys, don't get the impression that all of us Z06 owners are pricks and have the attitude that our cars can't be beat. Most of these guys are old school, domestic lovers who would never own a rice burner. I catch flack all the time over on the Z06 forum because my username is WRX2Z06. I guess since I've owned a WRX I respect 4 cyl turbocharged cars more than other Vette drivers.
    Sweet car BTW. I think most people with half a brain know to respect the Z06. Maybe someday our Subarus will get some respect too, but I guess until then we can use the sleeper factor. Retards drive all brands.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.