SVT Cobra Mustang

This is a discussion on SVT Cobra Mustang within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A SVT Cobra Mustang was behind me going to wok this morning. I go a little bit off the line, ...

str

SVT Cobra Mustang

A SVT Cobra Mustang was behind me going to wok this morning. I go a little bit off the line, not too hard to see if he wants to play. He speeds up a little bit so I get on it bit in second and he stayed a few cars behind me. I slowed down to see if he would get next to me but he didn't and I turned off at the light. When he accelerated behind me his car was LOUD. I know these things are fast, from what I've read they cab run a 13 sec 1/4, i think. I'm guessing he would have smoked me but he didn't want to race. Anyone got any details on these Cobra's?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the question is was it a 2003 cobra??? they are really fast(390++ hp).. older svt are quick but nowhere near as fast as the new one.

The previous gen Cobra runs high 13s (even low 14s) in the 1/4 in my experience. I'm never been really impressed with them.

-Jim

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    The previous gen Cobra runs high 13s (even low 14s) in the 1/4 in my experience. I'm never been really impressed with them.

-Jim
    very true.. when i said quick i was probably being a little to generous, especially when considering the their cost.

Also evey cobra that i have come accross always seems to think that they are the $hit. makes it all the better when they get beat by a 4 door...

Yes it definately depends on what year Cobra it was and what mods it has. I watched a 98-99 Cobra at the track a few month ago and it was running mid to high 14s. Thats the best it could do at our track. Most run faster than that ( low 14s on average).
    Definately watch out for the 2003s they can run high 12s - low 13s with an extremely strong top end.

SGOS,

You gotta be getting to a 1/4 mile, that 1/8 (Stage 4 - 8.18 @ 84.25 mph) is AMAZING!

-Jim