3000gt Vr4 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 3000gt Vr4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by PlatinumWRX Too much. -Jim Hey,there's 4000lbs!...

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

Too much.

-Jim
    Hey,there's 4000lbs!
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics,whether you win or lose,you're still retarded.

Complaint Department

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

RSXracer200
    Originally posted by WRXed
    Nice kill.... What mods do you have?

Oh and get ready for RSXracer guy.
    hey u read my mind. no need for me to say what i think about these lies, uhh i mean kills, realy why wouldnt a wrx be able to take a modded vr4 even when the wrx ****s up the launch.

Originally posted by RSXracer200

hey u read my mind. no need for me to say what i think about these lies, uhh i mean kills, realy why wouldnt a wrx be able to take a modded vr4 even when the wrx ****s up the launch.
    You are so funny man! Gotta love ya jokes!
    First mission:
    1997 Reiger Wide Body BMW M3 4dr
    Just for looks.....

Everyday:
    2002 Rally Blue WRX
    Just for driving.....

My new toy:
    1994 Dodge Stealth RT/TT
    Just for FUN!!!!

why wouldnt a wrx be able to take a modded vr4 even when the wrx ****s up the launch.
    because:

the guy don't know how 2 drive man...
    pretty simple aint it? I personally witnessed a modded '93 3000GT TT run a 13.2 @ 108 with a 2.3 sixty foot.... 2.3!!! Thats someone whose either babying the car OR does not know how to drive it....

def
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

dug-e-fresh, did you race that '99 vr-4 again? i know you guys were going to set something up
    We didn't really have anything set up per se, like a time or date... but we new each other was gonna be down where we go though.

That night I was at a friends B-day party getting hammered... we got a call saying that everyone was looking for me... that the 3000GT was there and ready. Sooo... my cousin and a bunch of other friends got together and ran down there (about a 30 minute drive or so). My cousin drove.... he was sober...

We get there.... all kind of people are around. The details were being sorted out and all, and the descision was made that my cousin was to race my car due to my condition. Meanwhile the onwer of the VR4 had someone else lined up to drive his car anyway.... so after a few failed attempts (police and all) the race was finally on... my cousin lost.

He came back pretty confident that if they raced again he would win.... he said he bogged REAL bad off the line and then locked him... but noone had confidence in his driving and wouldn't put anything up.

Sooo now it had been about 2 hours since we had gotten there. I hadn't had anything to drink for at least 3 hours and was feeling rather sober... Sooo, like an idiot I decided to drive my own car... this brought in the money. I think the 1st race totaled from both sides like $300... this one reached $520!

So now I expected the owner to drive his own car, as they had said in the 1st race if I drove, he would drive.... but no. The owner would not drive his car and said no deal if his driver couldn't do it. We agreed.... and we lost.

We were side by side through 3rd gear (me with a little bit of an edge early) and then he pulled pretty hard and passed me. Oh well... I should not have drove, I felt bad for all the people who had faith in me.... the whole race I just felt slow and sluggish... I guess the effects of the alcohol had yet to wear off as much as I thought they had.

I did not lose any money as I hardly ever bet, especially on myself... I feel like thats a jinx....

Some SAY he had put on a 50 shot... and thats why he did not drive his own car, and supposedly why he pulled so hard near the end... the guy who drove was SAID to be pretty familiar at running a turbo/awd/n2o car.

I dont believe that personally, HOWEVER, someone very reliable did say he had a boost controller on the car... which he said before he didn't.... again THIS IS ALL HERESAY!!!!!!

On the street, you hear alot of things.... some is true some is not. Its hard to sort it all out... harder still not to listen....

I know what I believe, that night the 3000GT was faster. Plain and simple... I dont care how or why... it just was. Oh well....

Actually I have another WRX that wants to race him if hes game... but not sure when the owner can get out. Stay tuned!!

def

Dug, i'm sorry you lost all that money!! that's messed up.
    why can't you guys race fo bragging rights as opposed to money?
    just a question.
    Also, i don't understand why all the mysteries about mods, i'm sure if he replies to this, he'll tell us what he's done to the car since the first race.
    IMO, a boost controller+ downpipe & gutted cats would cost just as much as N2O and net you much bigger gains. maybe that's what he did to his car? who knows.
    anyway, i'll keep checking the thread to see what happens.
    Later

If he replies I hope he doesn't think I am "in fantasy land" again.

Let me make it clear:

He, the owner, said he was NOT running nitrous of ANY shot AND he was NOT running a boost controller.

It was through others lips and ears that the BC and 50 shot were brought up... I am not implying nor am I insinuating that he had either.

I personally think a BC is possible... I mean whats most people 1st mod on there car.... but the 50 shot, nah... I think that was a bogus claim. But thats my personal beliefs... for god sake do not take my word for it.

People hate to lose... especially when its their money. Alot of people come up with some funny ways of dealing with their loss... you know, the whole conspiracy thing.

But, like I said, I dont bet on myself...I rarely bet at all. But alot of people have faith in me down there. Sooo, me getting together a pot really is not that hard. I felt bad losing though. Not for myself... but foe everyone else. I let them down.

It was kinda weird that he refused to drive his car the 2nd time though. I should have held out and made that a term. Again, oh well..... such is life.

def

BTW- something has been up with my car recently. It has not been running as strong as it should. I think my unichip is to blame...

Recent track results have been less than expected... or shall I say more than expected.. times being in the 13.4s and such and trapping at 99mph.

One night for example I was trapping high 102s (with a bad launch), and then out of nowhere I just started hitting 98s and 99s, almost like a switch. The ECU may be pulling timing... but I still think it may be the unichip....

def

Hey, there's something wrong with my car too.
    I got the Launch down, but my traps are weak for stock.
    I think my clutch must be slipping 'cause by the then of the mile i'm just about redlining 3rd gear, but other peoples rides redline @ 105-106 MPH. I'm trapping 99 at best MPH in the .
    Take a look at my best time.
    R/T...............952
    60'.............1.827
    1/8..............8.851
    MPH.............78.64
    1/4................13.920
    MPH...............97.92

I also think my ECU is messed up, i'm getting horrible gas mileage and i had the 02 sensors checked and they were fine

I'll have to figure something out.
    I only have a cone filter in my car though so i'm basically still stock.
    Anyway, good luck figuring out what's wrong with your car.
    http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...8/fdf3286e.jpg
    94 pearl yellow VR-4
    Intake~ HKS SSBOV~ Stage II clutch

Originally posted by AWDTWNTURBO
    I also think my ECU is messed up, i'm getting horrible gas mileage and i had the 02 sensors checked and they were fine

I'll have to figure something out.
    I only have a cone filter in my car though so i'm basically still stock.
    Anyway, good luck figuring out what's wrong with your car.
    A bad catalytic converter will destroy your gas mileage and slowly decrease your HP.

-Jim

If you have changed the size of your tires you will change the speed at which you are redlining the gears.

However that is a big difference... perhaps the clutch is slipping and in actuality your engine should NOT be at redline yet...

can you get it checked out?

def

Yes they are very heavy cars. The stock VR4's I see at the track are running mostly in the low 14s in the 1/4 mile. I think they are very driver dependent like the WRX.
    I watch one that couldn't run any better than mid to high 9s in the 1/8 mile the other night. This was in extremely hot and humid air. My buddy quote "man that driver must suck". because yes it was a VR4 and it was running the same times stock WRXs run.

I also have a friend with a VR4. He is an excellent driver and know how to pull easy 1.8, 60' times .It has exhaust mods, intake, and a manual boost controller. He told me his best 1/4 mile time is 13.4

What we are also forgetting they cost as much as a C5 Corvette?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.