Did ya ever notice...
Results 1 to 10 of 10

This is a discussion on Did ya ever notice... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; the people in the new gen Eclipses think they can beat a WRX? It would probably take a well driven, ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    128

    Did ya ever notice...

    the people in the new gen Eclipses think they can beat a WRX?

    It would probably take a well driven, stock WRX to beat one of these on the freeway, but not too tough.

    A white, new gen Eclipse wanted to see if he could get a Scooby snack but just got grass kicked in his face. This was last night on the 5 going south from before Del Mar to just before the 5-805 merge around 9pm. I was running 13lbs for the most part (I'm totally stock down to the oem filter, cept for a profec). The only time he was able to pass was because he got momentum at 80+ and took me till 110 to pass him up, at that point I was running 15psi to finally quit playing with him.

    I get in more races with these guys. They must have a nice bit of torque to fool the youngin's (like Mustanks) but then just die up top....kinda like that nasty old Probe.

    Anyways I've ventured over here from i-club, the drivel over there gets a little old. I've been street racing and hacking cars since the mid 80s before all this type-rice stuff...it was type-k for kraut back then when my old 1.8 Scirocco transplant terrorized the streets at 110hp (I remember I even had my imported Scirocco-GTI badge)
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User WRXed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Macon, GA
    Posts
    3,073

    Re: Did ya ever notice...

    Originally posted by madwagon
    A white, new gen Eclipse wanted to see if he could get a Scooby snack but just got grass kicked in his face. This was last night on the 5 going south from before Del Mar to just before the 5-805 merge around 9pm. I was running 13lbs for the most part (I'm totally stock down to the oem filter, cept for a profec). The only time he was able to pass was because he got momentum at 80+ and took me till 110 to pass him up, at that point I was running 15psi to finally quit playing with him.
    First off ... Welcome aboard the board!

    My friend has a new gen Eclipse spyder (he just had a wreck ). Anyway, I think they are pretty nice cars. They are a little heavy (of course his spyder is....), but are pretty quick nontheless. If I reemember correctly, his coupe (he had it before he got the spyder) had around 210 hp, but that was a non-California spec version (they have 205 hp). Since it's a V6, it does have decent torque, but I can't remember any numbers for that. Oh, BTW nice kill!
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

    Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

  4. #3
    Registered User PlatinumWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    6,581

    Re: Did ya ever notice...

    I know. What's with these guys? The new Eclipse is NOT FAST! I repeat, NOT FAST! Especially when they have an AT, which MOST DO. I had my drag numbers on my window as I was going to work the next morning and I anahilated this guy in a red Eclipse three times in a row. He just wouldn't give up! He almost kept up in first gear and was only a little behind after the shift to second, but after that, I just pulled away from him HARD.

    Originally posted by madwagon
    Anyways I've ventured over here from i-club, the drivel over there gets a little old. I've been street racing and hacking cars since the mid 80s before all this type-rice stuff...it was type-k for kraut back then when my old 1.8 Scirocco transplant terrorized the streets at 110hp (I remember I even had my imported Scirocco-GTI badge)
    I equate reading posts on i-club to a full-frontal lobotomy sans anesthesia.

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    128

    Cool I know...

    They just keep trying and trying, maybe they think at some point their engine will gain another 50hp to keep up.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

  6. #5
    Registered User Marcolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    83

    Re: Re: Did ya ever notice...

    Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    I know. What's with these guys? The new Eclipse is NOT FAST! I repeat, NOT FAST! Especially when they have an AT, which MOST DO. I had my drag numbers on my window as I was going to work the next morning and I anahilated this guy in a red Eclipse three times in a row. He just wouldn't give up! He almost kept up in first gear and was only a little behind after the shift to second, but after that, I just pulled away from him HARD.



    I equate reading posts on i-club to a full-frontal lobotomy sans anesthesia.
    yeah i get alot of clowns in newer gt's even the gs and rs try to run me, mind you i have a 5th gen accord with basically free mods, other than the plethora of other boltons, and they are no game, even with a bad synchro in third gear (i have to baby the shifter into the gate, yes its my third tranny too ) you guys should not be intimidated by these clowns.
    Edge of The Blade

  7. #6
    Registered User phast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    719

    Re: Re: Did ya ever notice...

    Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    I equate reading posts on i-club to a full-frontal lobotomy sans anesthesia.
    LMFAO Thanks jim
    -jay
    i drive a jeep n stuff.

  8. #7
    Registered User WRXed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Macon, GA
    Posts
    3,073

    Re: Re: Did ya ever notice...

    Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    I equate reading posts on i-club to a full-frontal lobotomy sans anesthesia.
    Amen....amen.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

    Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Yellow Springs, OH
    Posts
    211
    What is the hotrod version of the Eclipse. I thought I saw one the other day and he was just flying down the highway. Maybe 100 MPH or so. I don't think it said Eclipse anywhere on it, but it looked like it was one.
    ----------------------------------------
    '02 Blue Sportwagon
    No mods - yet
    Starting with the rear sway bar and anti-lift kit...one day....I have faith

  10. #9
    Registered User PlatinumWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    6,581
    Originally posted by chirexy
    What is the hotrod version of the Eclipse. I thought I saw one the other day and he was just flying down the highway. Maybe 100 MPH or so. I don't think it said Eclipse anywhere on it, but it looked like it was one.
    New Gen or old Gen. The old badass Eclipse was the GS-X or GS-T.

    -Jim

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Yellow Springs, OH
    Posts
    211
    Originally posted by PlatinumWRX


    New Gen or old Gen. The old badass Eclipse was the GS-X or GS-T.

    -Jim
    Looked brand new, but my knowledge of Mitzu is limited. I'm learning more every day. I come from a muscle car background. I once swore I'd never own Japanese crappy little cars. Now a days I might say "Dems fightin werds mister!"

    Anyway, it might have been a very well kept older version even. Not riced in anyway....except factory ricing, if know what I mean.
    ----------------------------------------
    '02 Blue Sportwagon
    No mods - yet
    Starting with the rear sway bar and anti-lift kit...one day....I have faith

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •