Did ya ever notice...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Did ya ever notice... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; the people in the new gen Eclipses think they can beat a WRX? It would probably take a well driven, ...

Did ya ever notice...

the people in the new gen Eclipses think they can beat a WRX?

It would probably take a well driven, stock WRX to beat one of these on the freeway, but not too tough.

A white, new gen Eclipse wanted to see if he could get a Scooby snack but just got grass kicked in his face. This was last night on the 5 going south from before Del Mar to just before the 5-805 merge around 9pm. I was running 13lbs for the most part (I'm totally stock down to the oem filter, cept for a profec). The only time he was able to pass was because he got momentum at 80+ and took me till 110 to pass him up, at that point I was running 15psi to finally quit playing with him.

I get in more races with these guys. They must have a nice bit of torque to fool the youngin's (like Mustanks) but then just die up top....kinda like that nasty old Probe.

Anyways I've ventured over here from i-club, the drivel over there gets a little old. I've been street racing and hacking cars since the mid 80s before all this type-rice stuff...it was type-k for kraut back then when my old 1.8 Scirocco transplant terrorized the streets at 110hp (I remember I even had my imported Scirocco-GTI badge)
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Did ya ever notice...

Originally posted by madwagon
    A white, new gen Eclipse wanted to see if he could get a Scooby snack but just got grass kicked in his face. This was last night on the 5 going south from before Del Mar to just before the 5-805 merge around 9pm. I was running 13lbs for the most part (I'm totally stock down to the oem filter, cept for a profec). The only time he was able to pass was because he got momentum at 80+ and took me till 110 to pass him up, at that point I was running 15psi to finally quit playing with him.
    First off ... Welcome aboard the board!

My friend has a new gen Eclipse spyder (he just had a wreck ). Anyway, I think they are pretty nice cars. They are a little heavy (of course his spyder is....), but are pretty quick nontheless. If I reemember correctly, his coupe (he had it before he got the spyder) had around 210 hp, but that was a non-California spec version (they have 205 hp). Since it's a V6, it does have decent torque, but I can't remember any numbers for that. Oh, BTW nice kill!
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Re: Did ya ever notice...

I know. What's with these guys? The new Eclipse is NOT FAST! I repeat, NOT FAST! Especially when they have an AT, which MOST DO. I had my drag numbers on my window as I was going to work the next morning and I anahilated this guy in a red Eclipse three times in a row. He just wouldn't give up! He almost kept up in first gear and was only a little behind after the shift to second, but after that, I just pulled away from him HARD.

Originally posted by madwagon
    Anyways I've ventured over here from i-club, the drivel over there gets a little old. I've been street racing and hacking cars since the mid 80s before all this type-rice stuff...it was type-k for kraut back then when my old 1.8 Scirocco transplant terrorized the streets at 110hp (I remember I even had my imported Scirocco-GTI badge)
    I equate reading posts on i-club to a full-frontal lobotomy sans anesthesia.

Cool I know...

They just keep trying and trying, maybe they think at some point their engine will gain another 50hp to keep up.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

Re: Re: Did ya ever notice...

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    I know. What's with these guys? The new Eclipse is NOT FAST! I repeat, NOT FAST! Especially when they have an AT, which MOST DO. I had my drag numbers on my window as I was going to work the next morning and I anahilated this guy in a red Eclipse three times in a row. He just wouldn't give up! He almost kept up in first gear and was only a little behind after the shift to second, but after that, I just pulled away from him HARD.

yeah i get alot of clowns in newer gt's even the gs and rs try to run me, mind you i have a 5th gen accord with basically free mods, other than the plethora of other boltons, and they are no game, even with a bad synchro in third gear (i have to baby the shifter into the gate, yes its my third tranny too ) you guys should not be intimidated by these clowns.
    Edge of The Blade

LMFAO Thanks jim
    -jay
    i drive a jeep n stuff.

Amen....amen.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

What is the hotrod version of the Eclipse. I thought I saw one the other day and he was just flying down the highway. Maybe 100 MPH or so. I don't think it said Eclipse anywhere on it, but it looked like it was one.
    ----------------------------------------
    '02 Blue Sportwagon
    No mods - yet
    Starting with the rear sway bar and anti-lift kit...one day....I have faith

Originally posted by chirexy
    What is the hotrod version of the Eclipse. I thought I saw one the other day and he was just flying down the highway. Maybe 100 MPH or so. I don't think it said Eclipse anywhere on it, but it looked like it was one.
    New Gen or old Gen. The old badass Eclipse was the GS-X or GS-T.

-Jim

New Gen or old Gen. The old badass Eclipse was the GS-X or GS-T.

-Jim
    Looked brand new, but my knowledge of Mitzu is limited. I'm learning more every day. I come from a muscle car background. I once swore I'd never own Japanese crappy little cars. Now a days I might say "Dems fightin werds mister!"

Anyway, it might have been a very well kept older version even. Not riced in anyway....except factory ricing, if know what I mean.
    ----------------------------------------
    '02 Blue Sportwagon
    No mods - yet
    Starting with the rear sway bar and anti-lift kit...one day....I have faith

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.