Another SRT4 vs WRX thread.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Another SRT4 vs WRX thread. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Bored at work. Figured posting this on the srt boards wouldn't get very far so here it is. A lil ...

Another SRT4 vs WRX thread.

Bored at work. Figured posting this on the srt boards wouldn't get very far so here it is. A lil feed back on my car... stock i ran neck N neck on a 20 roll with an sti. (planned race with a friend) so the results of the race was not what i exspected with the wrx. my car now has drop in kn filter,catback exhaust, stage I,upgraded wastgate and mbc. but the ticket is it's not tuned right. i new it was running shatty but not like this... leaving newark, de. after another night at the weekly car show at big kahuna... a blue 03+ wrx was tailing me all the way though town and out of town of 273 (for locals) once we get to a big open stretch and he goes to slingshot by. already prepared for it and crusing at an already nice pass of 70 or so. i was pretty sure i was gonna walk away at a brisk pace. but just the opposite. he stayed with his nose at my rear door all the way up to 120ish. where he backed out and followed me for a few up to a red light where i'm turning right and he's going strait. we chatted a few. i found out that he was dead stock. so needless to say he was happy to hang with a srt and i was upset i'm now slower then before. i was not happy. owell... cars getting a piggy back unit and some dyno time in the near future.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Even with a bad tune, you should have had him.. I bet he wasn't stock. (my sister went to christianna high school and ud)

You should have destroyed a stock WRX from 70 to 120 mph. '04 SRT4's with your mods trap around 106. Stock WRX's can't touch that. And their 4th gear sucks.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

That's no good mang. Either you need a serious tune and I mean serious or he was lying.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

Bil
    Funny, I ran one last night on the express way. From roll, I had him by 3 cars (see my profile for mods) and he HAD mods. From 55, I had him by 1 car but here he comes, and from 100 (yeah, we had to do it, fun as hell) he creamed me (I had a car, then lost 2 in a split freaking second) and was pulling REAL hard. I have much respect for the srt's now (not necessarily for some of their idiot drivers though). And no, I'm not getting all sappy here, just giving props.

Brad, I really think he was lying to you. The only other thing I can think of is that your set-up is so bad that the PCM is pulling timing. When you get that Psi-Fi PP, it's going to be a completely different story.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by Bil
    (see my profile for mods)
    Is your est. HP to the wheels or flywheel?
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

wrx was prolly stealthily modded.

i hope he was lying. i felt like shat when he said he was stock. no bov or exhaust. that i could tell anyway. owell, next time gadet, next time. (cat meows)
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

he would have to be lying to you... mods like that would make a pretty drastic difference in performance, and would def. be noticable.. i think that if you installed those mods, you would notice if there was no change in power.

more than likely he was running dp,up,bc, and some other minor stuff... and with you car running kinda crappy that would = him a win. even with those mods on a rex, you would still have handed it to him with your mods if you were tunned right from 70+
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Nawz
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Originally posted by ihaveadent
    Another worthless thread.
    Thank you for your worthless post, moron.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.