New Stage 4'd WRX v SRT-4

This is a discussion on New Stage 4'd WRX v SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well this happened just the other day. I was driving and noticed a silver SRT in front of. I continued ...

New Stage 4'd WRX v SRT-4

Well this happened just the other day. I was driving and noticed a silver SRT in front of. I continued to drive normally and caught up to it in traffic. Somehow, I wind up in front. we clear traffic, going about 40 mph. Notice the SRT-4 hits it pulls even with me before I'm able to react. So I nail it. By the time I spool we're dead even. I then begin to pull away. Probably 2-4 carlengths by 110-5. I notice a car way ahead turning right in the SRT's lane. So I let off so it can get over with risk of an accident. It contiures on at the high speeds, and I just lay off and go back to cruising. Finally get to the next light. I notice it's a young girl driving. I look over at her give her a little thumbs, and make my turn. She smiled and reciprocated.

She looked fairly stock. My mods: VF39, UTEC, STI injectors, sti uppipe, V7 downpipe, and borla. Installed the VF39 two days before this occured..

Ohh, and for the record I bounced off fuel cut in second (I know noobish, but I'm just getting used to the extra powwa and quicker spool.) It's on a road tune..going for dyno next week...so I can really get it all squared away.

LG
    VF 39 STAGE IV UTEC, STI V.7 TMIC- GONE
    2006 LGT-soon to be upgraded

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice run. SRT4 = nice.

max flow #'s (CFM, and at what boost pressure) for the VF39?

how many lbs were you at (i think fuel cut is between 17-18psi)? please clarify.
    www.realultimatepower.net

Actually..what I meant was I bounced off the rev limiter...

I'm not sure exactly how much air the VF39 and push, but from what I heard it's almost identical to a VF34. Not bad for $400. THese can be had real cheap with only break-in milage from the STI guys.

I think I'm at 1.1-2 bar of boost right now...

J-H
    Hey Big, did you have any problems making the VF39 fit. I've heard that you need to do some fabrication or get the STI up pipe to make the turbo fit in a WRX. Does this sound right.

I want to get a new turbo and $400 sounds very good. Do you think it would work with AccesPort?(If they flow as much air as the VF34) Sorry for the questions...just wondering...

JH

Originally posted by BiglTFP
    Actually..what I meant was I bounced off the rev limiter...

I'm not sure exactly how much air the VF39 and push, but from what I heard it's almost identical to a VF34. Not bad for $400. THese can be had real cheap with only break-in milage from the STI guys.

I think I'm at 1.1-2 bar of boost right now...
    haha- nice. yeah, that's a good deal for the vf39. although, personally, i'd go for the vf22. those things give you nice highway runs, esp for what you pay.

but am glad you like your vf39.
    www.realultimatepower.net

I'm by now means an expert on this turbo...as far as I know it mated up fine. I did already have a v.8 uppipe on the car before the turbo swap. Also I have a v.7 sti intercooler as well. As far as can tell it mounted up fine..only problem was getting the sti intercooler back on , but that was more due to it's size than any turbo issue.

It feels like it flows pretty strong, i've heard of people pushing these things real hard, even seen some dyno runs on nabisco with guys at 300 hp no these (probably a very extreme tune though).

As I said, it still has to be dyno-tuned...then I'll really feel the difference. Also needs to have the road tune more refined. It was origianlly done around miniute in a rush..this time we can take our time. Nino will be tuning it next week.

LG

I know others will want to know so here it is:

Was she cute?

Yea man, was she hawt or what? Inquiring minds want to know!

Oh yea, nice kill.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Chick in an SRt4--- I'd hit it.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX
    "She looked fairly stock"

Wait...the car or the girl?

2010 SSM STI

The day I see a hawt gurly in an SRT-4, Evo, or STi I am going to chase them until they stop so we can talk, especially another SRT-4.
    Slow Neon.

Originally posted by Khryz
    The day I see a hawt gurly in an SRT-4, Evo, or STi I am going to chase them until they stop so we can talk, especially another SRT-4.

Stalker!

I hit that in a minute!! who is she?
    Perrin short ram, Perrin Uppie, Perrin inlet hose, Perrin IC hoses, Cobb AP stage 2, MRT 3' turbo back, AMP boost controller @ 15.5psi, Freedom design front strut tower bar, Cuses Rear Strut tower Bar, KYB Adj Shocks, Eiback Springs, Perrin Rear sway bar, and links, 17' OZ Crono Evolution(17.5 lbs) W/ BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW 2

Talked to a couple people. They know who she is . I was told she couldn't drive..but it was from a roll. She was a pretty cute spanish girl. I've actually seen her driving around 4-5 times after this, even yesterday in the gas-station.

And Mrs. Big would have a "big" problem with an approach on my part...but you guys are more then welcome to come out and try...

P.S> Car was stock...:

Lg

Nice kill.

I talked to you at azp sat., i was gettin the vf30 installed. Hopefully i have an encounter with an srt soon.
    2003 WRX 5spd Sedan
    ~Stage 4+ 20g~