350Z = Embarrissed
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 80

This is a discussion on 350Z = Embarrissed within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So there I was...doing about 50 minding my own business. I see this black 350Z coming up through traffic behind ...

  1. #1
    Registered User psychobooe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USAF
    Posts
    17

    350Z = Embarrissed

    So there I was...doing about 50 minding my own business. I see this black 350Z coming up through traffic behind me. I decide to let it catch up. Well, it just flys by me at like 70. I stay behind it till we get beside each other at a light. It goes green and I launch, but I only launched at maybe 3K if that. Regardless, I pull on it easy and by the time I hit 55, I've cleared its front bumper by half a car length and I'm still pulling away hard. I slowed down and it flew by.
    Man, that was a fun race.

    psycho

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    oHIo
    Posts
    16,760
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nothing like showing a Z car the taillights.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    108
    Your profile says "185whp"....if this is true...then either the Z driver is an idiot and can't drive worth a damn or you shut it down as soon as he started fetching your a$$.

    If you are modded beyond basic bolt-ons then good kill.

    I've yet to have a WRX give me any trouble at all. I'd really like to run one with more than a blow off valve and exhaust though.
    03 350Z - intake, test pipes
    Best STOCK E.T. 13.68@102.77mph 2.09 60'
    Best mods E.T. 13.38@103.60mph 1.90 60'

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    253
    got respect for the nissan. the 350 is a dog of the line though. i wasnt impressed with my test drive, but i didnt get it going up top, where it shines i guess. i ran one when i was lightly modded, i pulled hard of the light, by 80 i had literally 4-5 cars, an he came all the way back and caught me at 105-110. i had two passengers. like it matters. i ran a chics stock one from a roll, i pull slightly in 2nd but at the top of 3rd she gets me. i was running mid 13's at 98-99 traps. i had full exhaust reflash

  6. #5
    Registered User AwdTurboWrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sun Valley,CA
    Posts
    5,790
    my friend has a 350z...my wrx with downpipe and boost @ 16 psi off a roll..40mph up till about 100mph..i was in 4th and was going a little..so i'm guesing 100-105 dead even...this is off a roll...i haven't raced him off a launch...his bone stock...u gotta respect the z!

    my wrx and my friends z
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

  7. #6
    Registered User psychobooe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USAF
    Posts
    17
    I totally respect the Z, no doubt. Also, my profile is old. I've got a full catless exhaust, silicon intercooler hoses, and a Cobb Stage 2 reflash. I'm putting around 230 to the ground. Furthermore, the speed limit was 45 and cops are crazy on the road I was on. I was pulling away hard though. I would have had it up to 80 at least. Past that I don't know, it would have been real close. A street race for me is stoplight to stoplight. I don't hit 100 unless I'm on the interstate or the dragstrip (if I can trap that).

  8. #7
    Registered User AwdTurboWrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sun Valley,CA
    Posts
    5,790
    you should deffinitely take him with all that...if you factor in the easier launch on a wrx..also the fact awd on street is much better than rwd on street as opposed 2 track makes sense


    briguymax..that's awesome times for a stock z..you must be a very good driver...is that a track z?? my friend has the base model with no lsd doesnt get close to those times
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    243
    Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    my friend has a 350z...my wrx with downpipe and boost @ 16 psi off a roll..40mph up till about 100mph..i was in 4th and was going a little..so i'm guesing 100-105 dead even...this is off a roll...i haven't raced him off a launch...his bone stock...u gotta respect the z!

    my wrx and my friends z
    Ya what looks nicer? The WRX? I dont think so
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

    Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    253
    nobody said it looked better....stock....although i think so....tool

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    KC, MO
    Posts
    882
    have there been any GOOD wrx drivers at your track, ie a person who runs low 13s at stage 2? I bet a good driver of a stage 2 wrx can get a 12.9 at your track running normal stage 2 boost considering your good stock times and that a 96 maxima got 13.4 with normal bolt ons. I'd guess your track runs .4 or so faster than other tracks.

    peace

    Originally posted by BriGuyMax
    Your profile says "185whp"....if this is true...then either the Z driver is an idiot and can't drive worth a damn or you shut it down as soon as he started fetching your a$$.

    If you are modded beyond basic bolt-ons then good kill.

    I've yet to have a WRX give me any trouble at all. I'd really like to run one with more than a blow off valve and exhaust though.
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

  12. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    KC, MO
    Posts
    882
    Read my post.

    Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx

    briguymax..that's awesome times for a stock z..you must be a very good driver...is that a track z?? my friend has the base model with no lsd doesnt get close to those times
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    766
    Originally posted by audirs6
    Ya what looks nicer? The WRX? I dont think so
    What a ricer-ish comment.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

  14. #13
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Originally posted by BriGuyMax
    Your profile says "185whp"....if this is true...then either the Z driver is an idiot and can't drive worth a damn or you shut it down as soon as he started fetching your a$$.

    If you are modded beyond basic bolt-ons then good kill.

    I've yet to have a WRX give me any trouble at all. I'd really like to run one with more than a blow off valve and exhaust though.
    briguymax: havnt seen you in a while. are you still around the .org?
    those are some awesome times on your Z. you were an awesome driver with your maxima, i figured it would carry over to the 350z

    physco(whatever): those mods are definatly good enough to take a 350z. most people dont drive as well as briguy. more than likely you will see times around low low 14's.
    good race
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  15. #14
    Registered User psychobooe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USAF
    Posts
    17
    Low 14s? Yeah, if I can't drive for sh!t. The WRX runs a 14.3 out of the box. I plan on hitting 13.4 ish with some practice.

  16. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    108
    Originally posted by psychobooe
    I totally respect the Z, no doubt. Also, my profile is old. I've got a full catless exhaust, silicon intercooler hoses, and a Cobb Stage 2 reflash. I'm putting around 230 to the ground. Furthermore, the speed limit was 45 and cops are crazy on the road I was on. I was pulling away hard though. I would have had it up to 80 at least. Past that I don't know, it would have been real close. A street race for me is stoplight to stoplight. I don't hit 100 unless I'm on the interstate or the dragstrip (if I can trap that).
    ok...that makes much more sense....nice kill then!!


    Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    briguymax..that's awesome times for a stock z..you must be a very good driver...is that a track z?? my friend has the base model with no lsd doesnt get close to those times
    Touring model...LSD doesn't really do much...you just have to roll out a little on the launch and let the torque do the work instead of sitting and spinning.

    Originally posted by kit99bar
    have there been any GOOD wrx drivers at your track, ie a person who runs low 13s at stage 2? I bet a good driver of a stage 2 wrx can get a 12.9 at your track running normal stage 2 boost considering your good stock times and that a 96 maxima got 13.4 with normal bolt ons. I'd guess your track runs .4 or so faster than other tracks.

    peace
    I've seen good WRX drivers hit 14.3-14.4 at that track...Don't recall ever seeing a stage 2 run. There was an STi last time I was there cutting 1.8 short times and running 13.4-13.6@99mph. He seemed to be a pretty good driver. I don't think it's any faster than other tracks considering other cars usually run about average there. I ran 13.8x@101.5mph last summer at a different track in 90 degree heat....so I picked up 2 tenths and 1.5mph from the 40 degree decrease in temp....not the different track.

    The bolt-on maxima that you speak of is Neal's car...he runs a completely different set-up on the track than the street (most people don't) that's why he runs the times he does. On the street I will leave him pretty good from a stop or a roll...but on the track he's close (street tires of course). I think the weight reduction he does has a lot to do with it. His car is always fast no matter what track he runs at.
    03 350Z - intake, test pipes
    Best STOCK E.T. 13.68@102.77mph 2.09 60'
    Best mods E.T. 13.38@103.60mph 1.90 60'

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •