350Z = Embarrissed - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 350Z = Embarrissed within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 13.77 was actually done in that one test with s2k and rx8 and z...so i'm sure 13.6 is possible..times keep ...

13.77 was actually done in that one test with s2k and rx8 and z...so i'm sure 13.6 is possible..times keep improving for z..more people drive..better times @ track..just like srt4
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    13.77 was actually done in that one test with s2k and rx8 and z...so i'm sure 13.6 is possible..times keep improving for z..more people drive..better times @ track..just like srt4
    That's how it is with so many cars...that's why you see really good times out of car like the Mustang GT and LS1 cars....they are a dime a dozen at the drapstrip...obviously someone will be able to extract every ounce of potential stock from those cars. It's simply the law of averages.
    03 350Z - intake, test pipes
    Best STOCK E.T. 13.68@102.77mph 2.09 60'
    Best mods E.T. 13.38@103.60mph 1.90 60'

yeah...also 13.77 wasn their best run..but average of runs...so your run makes sense
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
    how do you figure I would only pick up 2 tenths with nealy a 3 tenth better 60' on slicks??

STi's run 12s with the same trap as I have...why couldn't I run low 13s with slicks?
    you could man, i was just giving you a hard time. thats all this thread has been about anyways.

ok... while the 350 is a nice car.. its dog slow... sorry its the truth... as for going FI... would you care to list the price of the turbo kit for the z? its pretty damn expensive... so i figure if both cars (wrx and z) have the equal amount of money dumped in em and EQUAL drivers... who would win....

ps.. yea my wife drives a WRX... i drive a EVO... and go ahead and say oh yea ...EVO's are getting beat by 350's... yea the blue on in texas with the 6k turbo kit it the ONLY one doing it.... 6k and only 6 psi..1k per psi??????????

while the q series is a strong engine... its gonna take awhile before they get the interals good enought to raise boost (maybe even 2-3 more months) but... whne they do come out they will be expensive.

one more thing.. im not flaming, starting s#!t or nothing i just going from what i know. there are a FEW running around here even when i was stock i ran away from em and i've done the same in the wifes wrx.... hell i've seen SRT-4's but em to rest.
    Last edited by Novtec1; 05-07-2004 at 12:39 PM.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Originally posted by POLAR
    you could man, i was just giving you a hard time. thats all this thread has been about anyways.

Originally posted by Novtec1
    ok... while the 350 is a nice car.. its dog slow... sorry its the truth... as for going FI... would you care to list the price of the turbo kit for the z? its pretty damn expensive... so i figure if both cars (wrx and z) have the equal amount of money dumped in em and EQUAL drivers... who would win....
    These are the posts that I just love. First you call a factory 13 second car "dog slow". When you yourself own a car that will run near equal (stock) in a straight line (negating the AWD launch) or around a track with the 350Z. Then you bring the money argument into it. Most retarded argument EVAR. If you want bang for your buck...buy a 5.0 notch stang...not a WRX or a 350Z.

ps.. yea my wife drives a WRX... i drive a EVO... and go ahead and say oh yea ...EVO's are getting beat by 350's... yea the blue on in texas with the 6k turbo kit it the ONLY one doing it.... 6k and only 6 psi..1k per psi??????????
    There are plenty of boosted Zs...and a lot of them done for around 5 grand are getting near 400whp. The blue one that you speak of with the custom Jotech TT kit runs 10psi....not 6...and he's now near the 500whp on the stock motor.

I won't even mention what kind of performance numbers the guys with $1000 nitrous kits have...can you say "easy 11s"???

while the q series is a strong engine... its gonna take awhile before they get the interals good enought to raise boost (maybe even 2-3 more months) but... whne they do come out they will be expensive.
    You obviously don't know much about the 350z aftermarket.
    There are already a bunch of internal upgrades for sale for the VQ35 motor. Including

Including the AEBS 4.3L stroker kit which is said to be good for well over 1000whp with their sleves, crank, rods and pistons.

don't believe me....take a look at all these parts for sale...and that's just from one vendor.

http://www.z1auto.com/submodel.asp?m...50z&cat=engine

one more thing.. im not flaming, starting s#!t or nothing i just going from what i know. there are a FEW running around here even when i was stock i ran away from em and i've done the same in the wifes wrx.... hell i've seen SRT-4's but em to rest.
    Sure as hell seems like your flaming and starting sh!t. You call a car dog slow, rip on it because you think it's too expensive to mod (ever look up BMW or Porsche aftermarket prices?), and generally just spew a bunch of BS which you think to be true (about turbo Zs, and the Z aftermarket)
    Last edited by BriGuyMax; 05-07-2004 at 01:18 PM.

since he drives an evo which can go 11s@120 with easy boltons, i think he can call us slow.

These are the posts that I just love. First you call a factory 13 second car "dog slow".
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

Originally posted by kit99bar
    since he drives an evo which can go 11s@120 with easy boltons, i think he can call us slow.
    Its all relative. Take that **** over to an SVT Cobra forum and watch them laugh their asses off at that trap speed.

Know what I mean? There is always someone out there that's faster. Even faster than an 11 second Evo that traps at 120 mph.

And I have to say that BriGuyMax pretty much dealt with the facts and hopefully set Novtec1 straight. I think he countered his statements very well seeing as how he proved them all false.

2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Motor is DEFINITELY not tapped out.
    I see you finally made it over!

Does Nissan not offer their turn-key race car with a 450HP version of the 3.5L V6? I doubt the engine is tapped out, since one can always upgrade internals and what not, but that gets really expensive no?
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by jigga
    I see you finally made it over!

Does Nissan not offer their turn-key race car with a 450HP version of the 3.5L V6? I doubt the engine is tapped out, since one can always upgrade internals and what not, but that gets really expensive no?
    Been here for a while.

I think you can answer that question for yourself.

Originally posted by smokey
    Its all relative. Take that **** over to an SVT Cobra forum and watch them laugh their asses off at that trap speed.

Know what I mean? There is always someone out there that's faster. Even faster than an 11 second Evo that traps at 120 mph.

And I have to say that BriGuyMax pretty much dealt with the facts and hopefully set Novtec1 straight. I think he countered his statements very well seeing as how he proved them all false.

BriGuyMax

Didn't mean to give you a hard time at first man. I didn't think the 350 would have that much heat. I always like the way 350 look though. PIMP.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx
    BriGuyMax

Didn't mean to give you a hard time at first man. I didn't think the 350 would have that much heat. I always like the way 350 look though. PIMP.
    Hey man...it's cool. I have a mutual respect for WRXs too. Hell....I might even pick up a WRX as a second car in the fall. (that's why I'm really on here) AWD and snow tires would sure be fun in the winter

dude that would be sweet. after you get it, you gotta pop in 1500 for cobb stage 2 reflash and dowpipe, turboback exhaust. I would bet money a driver like you would get a 12.x in cool weather.

Hey man...it's cool. I have a mutual respect for WRXs too. Hell....I might even pick up a WRX as a second car in the fall. (that's why I'm really on here) AWD and snow tires would sure be fun in the winter
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast