350Z = Embarrissed - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 350Z = Embarrissed within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by POLAR ive seen a few of wrxs that have cracked 2nd trying to go into 4th...idiots, ive ...

Originally posted by POLAR
    ive seen a few of wrxs that have cracked 2nd trying to go into 4th...idiots, ive seen a few that had shredded their 3rd gears somehow. im sure first gears have gone, but i havent seen, thats all. ive ran too many times and im fine with 40k on it. im also not disputing that it cant catch a wrx, but it will be def. be a close roll on run from a 1st gear pull, (mbc,exhaust) i garauntee i take lead in first 3 gears, and you catch in 4th, more likely you catch in 3rd. now this is from a roll of like 5-10mph say. dont want to let my unfair AWD run you from the hole. and look at you sinking to where everyone else does. "uh, um, take the AWD launch away then ill eat you hard." thats so lame. i always end up running guys from a roll because they never want the dig. so your stacking our weakness against your strength, and you barely come out on top against the 2.0. but i would be shocked if it happened any other way. i would personally call up nissan and laugh. Also I always trap higher of a bogged launch, so does my friend in the SRT4, and another in a TA. i get out of first gear earlier in the track than i normally do with a hard launch. this meaning i redlining each gear sooner than usual, and i end up getting further down into 4th gear. more room to accelerate even though like you stated its still 1320ft.
    and if dudes are picking up 30-40rwhp from bolt ons, then i want to see it, gladly of course, i am still a fan of the Z. only knowledge i am going off of is one ive seen netting 4whp from catback and a max of 7whp in one area. but with headers,chips and the rest of the jive, i dunno. that should put them near 290rwhp, all motor. they should jumping into 12's. i must be sheltered because i havent seen any
    You are not going to pick up any significant differnence in trap speed with different launches...end of story. I worded what I said about bogging launches wrong...when you bog a launch you waste track by not accelerating to your cars full potential.

As for the Zs and dyno's...here ya go.

First one is a Z with intake, full exhaust and cams

he only picked up about 10whp with the cams (not a very agressive grind...but as you can see with just those mods he's 43whp over his baseline...and without the cams he was 33whp over his baseline.

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...highlight=dyno

Here's one with only hi-flow cats and intake plenum....nearly 20whp

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...ighlight=dynod

The rest that I found didn't have baselines....but the AVERAGE stock dyno for a Z is mid to high 230s....average basic bolt-on dyno is high 150s to low 160s...

Motor is DEFINITELY not tapped out.
    03 350Z - intake, test pipes
    Best STOCK E.T. 13.68@102.77mph 2.09 60'
    Best mods E.T. 13.38@103.60mph 1.90 60'

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    /\
    what he said...your getting more whp from bolt ons than a turbo car?? that doesnt make sense

and seriously i'm tired off all these people who want to eliminate the awd by racing off a roll....they all have excuses...NA guys get mad that i raise boost cause i'm ''cheating'' wtf...just cause our cars have some advantages doesnt mean we're cheating...your car is what it is...our cars are a hell of a lot more moddable than any z...and are WAYYYYYYYY cheaper 2 mod..just some advantages of having a FI car
    You guys are the ones who brought up "racing from a roll" with a Z...not me.

Give the Z aftermarket some more time to develop (car is only 1.5 years old).....and I think you'll see PLENTY of very quick Zs that don't have tons of $$ in them.

The wrx isn't exactly old either.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
    You are not going to pick up any significant differnence in trap speed with different launches...end of story. I worded what I said about bogging launches wrong...when you bog a launch you waste track by not accelerating to your cars full potential.

he only picked up about 10whp with the cams (not a very agressive grind...but as you can see with just those mods he's 43whp over his baseline...and without the cams he was 33whp over his baseline.

The rest that I found didn't have baselines....but the AVERAGE stock dyno for a Z is mid to high 230s....average basic bolt-on dyno is high 150s to low 160s...

My traps varied up to 6mph with different launches. Launches make a difference. I know this first hand.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Originally posted by BriGuyMax

I already mentioned that i trap higher with a worse launch. it was 4mph diff. why would i make that up? im not the only one either. that roll idea you have is nonsense. although i see where your coming from. just compare the wrx to a similar 2 wheel drive car- a s2000. those two cars stock wil run in the low 14's. that is fact. now the wrx will trap in low 90's. i was doing 91.x traps. the s2000 running the exact same times will trap atleast 95mph. its because the wrx launches better that it can acheive the same times at lower speeds. the s2k gets of the line slower an leaves more track. i know it doesnt actually make the track longer. the s2000 is representing the wrx with a bad launch since its 2 wheel drive. i kow the s2k has a slight power bump though. what im trying to say is that a wrx that has the same power as any 2 wheel drive car will run a slightly better time at a lower trap speed. as for the links, they dont work, it says i have to login. doesnt matter, i believe you anyways. i just wanna know what the cars run. i know what the FI ones can run from mag testing, but i havent seen many all motor run, only a few i mentioned didnt do so well. has anyone crcked 12's all motor?

i'm betting 12's can be done all motors...i'm just betting with same price spent doing 12's with z..u can do 11's with wrx..off a roll is not non sense either...z's can be kept up with off a roll ..with exhaust mods and mbc
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Both wonderful cars in their own ways. I like the 350 and I like the WRX. Will I doubt that the rex beat the 350. NO. Factor in all conditions and anything can happen. All cars are not the same, even the ones from the same trim from the same factory. Will I doubt that you can run a rex into the 13's, stock? NO. Seen weirder things happen like a stock 97 integra ls run 15.5. Don't know how but it happens. Can a 350 run 13's? Of course. Briguy did. I've yet to see one crack below 14.3 here yet, stock, but anything can happen. But don't dis the Imprezas. They are quick! 350's are fast. I believe each persons account of the occurence that happened. You saw it, you did it, others saw it.... confirmed. By the way.... I did see a WRX run low 13's stock all day.

Was an STI though

I already mentioned that i trap higher with a worse launch. it was 4mph diff. why would i make that up? im not the only one either. that roll idea you have is nonsense. although i see where your coming from. just compare the wrx to a similar 2 wheel drive car- a s2000. those two cars stock wil run in the low 14's. that is fact. now the wrx will trap in low 90's. i was doing 91.x traps. the s2000 running the exact same times will trap atleast 95mph. its because the wrx launches better that it can acheive the same times at lower speeds. the s2k gets of the line slower an leaves more track. i know it doesnt actually make the track longer. the s2000 is representing the wrx with a bad launch since its 2 wheel drive. i kow the s2k has a slight power bump though. what im trying to say is that a wrx that has the same power as any 2 wheel drive car will run a slightly better time at a lower trap speed. as for the links, they dont work, it says i have to login. doesnt matter, i believe you anyways. i just wanna know what the cars run. i know what the FI ones can run from mag testing, but i havent seen many all motor run, only a few i mentioned didnt do so well. has anyone crcked 12's all motor?
    The mag "tests" of the FI kits for the 350 are a complete joke...guys have run low 12s with just a bolted on procharger kit. Guys with Greddy turbos have gone high 11s....
    12s all motor would be no problem if one of the hundreds of guys with bolt-ons would buy some slicks and go to the track....hell I could pull a low 13 run with just some slicks.

As for the trap speeds...I'm not going to sit here and go back and fourth. I don't think either of us will agree on this so lets just give it a rest. I have a lot of respect for the WRX so I don't want anyone thinking I'm bashing the little scooby on here.

are you planning on going FI with your z??
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Originally posted by CKxx
    <--- 13.7 w/2.1 60ft.

Exhaust, EBC.

My grandma could have launched more aggressively.

Only way you can get a 13.7 with a 2.1 60ft time is if you're putting approximately 270hp to the wheels, and there is no chance in hell you are remotely near that figure with a MBC and exhaust.

The great thing about physics is that it can be used to smell BS.

BriGuyMax

You ran 13.6 with a stock Z? You have got to be kidding me. I know there are some Z in the high 13s with insane driving. But I doubt that one of them is you. With slicks you can run low 13s? If just putting on some slicks to have the Z run low 13s, then why would Z owner focus on other bolt-ons and FI to achieved those goal. Oh please man, go brag about that on your forum instead. What a joke!
    Last edited by WiCkeDrEx; 05-06-2004 at 11:41 PM.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx
    BriGuyMax

You ran 13.6 with a stock Z? You have got to be kidding me. I know there are some Z in the high 13s with insane driving. But I doubt that one of them is you. With slicks you can run low 13s? If just putting on some slicks to have the Z run low 13s, then why would Z owner focus on other bolt-ons and FI to achieved those goal. Oh please man, go brag about that on your forum instead. What a joke!
    i just thought he had the wind at his back...pushing that big ass tail end. regardless its a good time. slicks and low 13's i doubt also, unless low 13's is 13.4, but trapping at 102 it could be possible with a 1.8 60foot.

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    are you planning on going FI with your z??
    yes...probably the JWT Twin Turbo kit when it is released.

Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx
    BriGuyMax

I'm not bragging about ANYTHING. Just because I have a mutual interest in other cars...a-holes like you have be ****s about it.

There a PLENTY of stock Zs in the 13.7-13.8 range....one with just an intake ran 13.5 last week.

If you don't believe me...here's links to the thread with my timeslips (3 other Z drivers witnessed the runs) and another link to a thread with VIDEO of the runs.

Thread about runs with timeslips:
    http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...threadid=68454

Thread with VIDEO:
    http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...threadid=69132

I ran 13.6 with basically a 2.1 60' time (2.09) with slicks I could EASILY pull a 1.8 60' time as another Z owner with bolt-ons and a stock clutch pulled a 1.75 60' and I MYSELF pulled a 1.83 60' on my buddies maxima's slicks (6 inch...very small) last summer in 90 degree heat. I only ran 13.5 because it was hot and humid and I was only trapping 101mph.

What are you talking about regarding FI...guys with FI are DEEP in the 12s...and even in the 11s with just the bolt-on kits and slicks.

Get you facts straight before you make stupid posts.

i just thought he had the wind at his back...pushing that big ass tail end. regardless its a good time. slicks and low 13's i doubt also, unless low 13's is 13.4, but trapping at 102 it could be possible with a 1.8 60foot.
    how do you figure I would only pick up 2 tenths with nealy a 3 tenth better 60' on slicks??

STi's run 12s with the same trap as I have...why couldn't I run low 13s with slicks?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.