350Z = Embarrissed - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 350Z = Embarrissed within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx 60 dollars under the hood of wrx and its an even race off a launch...13.7 with ...

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    60 dollars under the hood of wrx and its an even race off a launch...13.7 with just mbc very possible (did it) ..also 13.55 been done by spinnin all 4's with just mbc...
    I wouldn't exactly call a WRX jumping hard at the line and a 350Z fetching it hard @ the 1/4 mile mark an "even race".

While it may be possible (I haven't seen or heard of it). 99% of WRX drivers won't even come close to 13.7 with just a boost controller. Futhermore, maybe your car ran 13.7 with a boost controller, but my car will run 13.6-13.7 (if I kept it stock) for years to come without a hitch. With the way you'd have to launch to run 13.7 all the time with just an MBC, you'd go through transmissons faster than a hummer goes through gasoline.

and you dont need a stage 2 ..for a roll race to be even...just downpipe with mbc @ 15.5/16 psi works 2 (also done that)
    I'd really like to see that done. I'd also like to see a WRX with just a boost controller and downpipe running 102-103mph traps. Then maybe I'd believe that it would match a Z from a roll.
    03 350Z - intake, test pipes
    Best STOCK E.T. 13.68@102.77mph 2.09 60'
    Best mods E.T. 13.38@103.60mph 1.90 60'

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
    Futhermore, maybe your car ran 13.7 with a boost controller, but my car will run 13.6-13.7 (if I kept it stock) for years to come without a hitch. With the way you'd have to launch to run 13.7 all the time with just an MBC, you'd go through transmissons faster than a hummer goes through gasoline.
    <--- 13.7 w/2.1 60ft.

Exhaust, EBC.

My grandma could have launched more aggressively.

Originally posted by CKxx
    <--- 13.7 w/2.1 60ft.

Exhaust, EBC.

My grandma could have launched more aggressively.
    I'll have to call BS unless you were trapping around 102-103mph, which I find hard to swallow on a car that only has exhaust and a mbc.

trapping at 102-103 will net you times of 13 flat. the sti does 13.0 at 100 stock. i know thats not what were talking about but just for reference. i ran 13.4 at 99mph, with full exhaust and reflash. running 13.7 your trapping at like 95-96 or something. and what are you talking about, "they way we have to launch the cat to get 13.7, well go through transmissions." thats ridic.

I wouldn't exactly call a WRX jumping hard at the line and a 350Z fetching it hard @ the 1/4 mile mark an "even race".

While it may be possible (I haven't seen or heard of it). 99% of WRX drivers won't even come close to 13.7 with just a boost controller. Futhermore, maybe your car ran 13.7 with a boost controller, but my car will run 13.6-13.7 (if I kept it stock) for years to come without a hitch.
    first off, i think it is most def. an even race if the times are even. its not the my fault that hefty nissan picks up speed like a little fat kid. i should i just go and bog the launch just so it could be fair.
    adn the 350 also will run hardly better than 13.6 no matter how much you throw at it, the motor is already tapped out....untill you go FI. im not sure so if you are planning on getting a catback/headers then let me know what the gains are.

I'll have to call BS unless you were trapping around 102-103mph, which I find hard to swallow on a car that only has exhaust and a mbc.
    if you dont beleive me..than you need to PM me...i got it on video...if you want i'll show you..its my friends z..i wouldn't BS about it..if you want i'll even get the guy who was riding with the z to come here and post...his on this forumm..i had me and my bro in my car..and the z driver and another friend in z...z an invincible car from a roll..i got the vid 2 prove it...

oh wait ..here is the thread..video has been removed cause my friend was hosting it and his site kept crashing but i got it if u wanna see it

http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread...ht=wrx+vs+350z

also check out this thread..guy with gutted uppipe and mbc
    taking 350z off launch and keeping up off a roll

and if you wanna know numbers after cobb stage 2
    here

http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...D1=188&ID2=287

comparing z and wrx...looks like wrx would eat a stock z on the highway with stage 2..i'm gonna race my friend on highway .i got an uppipe now 2..i'll let u guys know what happens...

also just needed to mention..that the trap speed of awd car is a little misleading...better ur launch is ..lower ur trap will be because your giving yourself less room to build up speed...just thought i'd throw that in
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 05-04-2004 at 06:15 PM.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Originally posted by POLAR
    trapping at 102-103 will net you times of 13 flat. the sti does 13.0 at 100 stock. i know thats not what were talking about but just for reference. i ran 13.4 at 99mph, with full exhaust and reflash. running 13.7 your trapping at like 95-96 or something. and what are you talking about, "they way we have to launch the cat to get 13.7, well go through transmissions." thats ridic.
    you won't run 13 flat @ 102-103 with a 2.1 60' like the other guy said.

running a 13.7@95-96mph requires a high 1.7 to low 1.8 60' time...TONS of WRXs have blown up first gear on their transmissions by repetitive hard launches...you should know that.

first off, i think it is most def. an even race if the times are even. its not the my fault that hefty nissan picks up speed like a little fat kid. i should i just go and bog the launch just so it could be fair.
    adn the 350 also will run hardly better than 13.6 no matter how much you throw at it, the motor is already tapped out....untill you go FI. im not sure so if you are planning on getting a catback/headers then let me know what the gains are.
    Hefty nissan...haha...funny dude. It's not the acceleration of the 350z that is the factor in the race since it obviously has more acceleration potential than a mbc'd WRX since it RUNS THE WRX DOWN. Take away the AWD launch..and the WRX is cooked from the beginning.

Motor is already tapped out huh???
    Guys are picking up 30-40rwhp with basic bolt-ons...how exactly is that "tapped" out??

I'm not trying to start a pissing match here...I just think you guys are underestimating the Z a little too much. It's not invincible...but it's not slow either.
    Last edited by BriGuyMax; 05-04-2004 at 07:47 PM.

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    if you dont beleive me..than you need to PM me...i got it on video...if you want i'll show you..its my friends z..i wouldn't BS about it..if you want i'll even get the guy who was riding with the z to come here and post...his on this forumm..i had me and my bro in my car..and the z driver and another friend in z...z an invincible car from a roll..i got the vid 2 prove it...
    that won't prove anything to me. Until I run a WRX that can keep up (I've run plenty...stock and modded) I won't believe that a simple MBC and a gutted up-pipe will net a WRX nearly 10mph though the traps. (which is what it would need to keep up with my car)

oh wait ..here is the thread..video has been removed cause my friend was hosting it and his site kept crashing but i got it if u wanna see it

also check out this thread..guy with gutted uppipe and mbc
    taking 350z off launch and keeping up off a roll

and if you wanna know numbers after cobb stage 2
    here

http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...D1=188&ID2=287

comparing z and wrx...looks like wrx would eat a stock z on the highway with stage 2..i'm gonna race my friend on highway .i got an uppipe now 2..i'll let u guys know what happens...
    again...doesn't prove anything. Unless a stage II wrx traps well over 103mph I don't see them "eating" 350z's on the highway anytime soon.

also just needed to mention..that the trap speed of awd car is a little misleading...better ur launch is ..lower ur trap will be because your giving yourself less room to build up speed...just thought i'd throw that in
    A lot of AWD guys claim this...but it is COMPLETELY false.

Think about what you just said for a second...and tell me how the the 1320ft of the 1/4 mile is shorter if you launch hard? Just a clue....it's not shorter. You have just as much distance to build up speed as you do with a soft launch.

If you still think an AWD car will trap higher with a softer launch...go to the drag strip and try it...you traps won't vary between runs of different launches by more than about 1mph.

If you want to prove anything to me about any of your claims...show me a link to a WRX with a MBC and an up-pipe trapping at least over 100mph...preferrably around 102-103mph. I don't see you being able to furnish a slip like that anytime soon so until then don't thow any more street racing links at me.

My traps varied alot due to the launch. I was getting up to 6mph higher with a better launch. This was in an 1/8th mile.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

what the hell is proof than?? i raced the guy i was even off a roll..you want me to get the guy to get on here and post?? guy even says it himself..now i'll take him off a roll..it wont be dead even anymore..i've driven his car..his driven my car...apparently your an awesome driver from your times...but doesnt mean **** off a roll to me..my grandma can shift off a roll...its only a roll no big deal...if you want..gt30rgti on this forum is my friend and he was in the z..i'll get him to post what happened...i wish you were around here so we could race and see what happens..i guess that's the only way to prove things to you...and my setup does a lot...my friend with wrx with only catback ran a turbo hatch and lost by 3 cars off a roll..2night i raced same guy ..same hatch and destroyed him by more than 5 cars...your a smart guy and know about cars..so you must know basic bolt ons on a turbo do a lot more than for na cars

Originally posted by ilivas
    My traps varied alot due to the launch. I was getting up to 6mph higher with a better launch. This was in an 1/8th mile.
    poor, bogging launches can hurt your trap speeds as your car rolls out for a bit before you start really accelerating...thus the car has less distance to built speed.

What this guy was trying to say was just the opposite....he claims that he traps LOWER because of a better launch....

[B]you won't run 13 flat @ 102-103 with a 2.1 60' like the other guy said.

running a 13.7@95-96mph requires a high 1.7 to low 1.8 60' time...TONS of WRXs have blown up first gear on their transmissions by repetitive hard launches...you should know that.

Hefty nissan...haha...funny dude. It's not the acceleration of the 350z that is the factor in the race since it obviously has more acceleration potential than a mbc'd WRX since it RUNS THE WRX DOWN. Take away the AWD launch..and the WRX is cooked from the beginning.

Motor is already tapped out huh???
    Guys are picking up 30-40rwhp with basic bolt-ons...how exactly is that "tapped" out??
    ive seen a few of wrxs that have cracked 2nd trying to go into 4th...idiots, ive seen a few that had shredded their 3rd gears somehow. im sure first gears have gone, but i havent seen, thats all. ive ran too many times and im fine with 40k on it. im also not disputing that it cant catch a wrx, but it will be def. be a close roll on run from a 1st gear pull, (mbc,exhaust) i garauntee i take lead in first 3 gears, and you catch in 4th, more likely you catch in 3rd. now this is from a roll of like 5-10mph say. dont want to let my unfair AWD run you from the hole. and look at you sinking to where everyone else does. "uh, um, take the AWD launch away then ill eat you hard." thats so lame. i always end up running guys from a roll because they never want the dig. so your stacking our weakness against your strength, and you barely come out on top against the 2.0. but i would be shocked if it happened any other way. i would personally call up nissan and laugh. Also I always trap higher of a bogged launch, so does my friend in the SRT4, and another in a TA. i get out of first gear earlier in the track than i normally do with a hard launch. this meaning i redlining each gear sooner than usual, and i end up getting further down into 4th gear. more room to accelerate even though like you stated its still 1320ft.
    and if dudes are picking up 30-40rwhp from bolt ons, then i want to see it, gladly of course, i am still a fan of the Z. only knowledge i am going off of is one ive seen netting 4whp from catback and a max of 7whp in one area. but with headers,chips and the rest of the jive, i dunno. that should put them near 290rwhp, all motor. they should jumping into 12's. i must be sheltered because i havent seen any

/\
    what he said...your getting more whp from bolt ons than a turbo car?? that doesnt make sense

and seriously i'm tired off all these people who want to eliminate the awd by racing off a roll....they all have excuses...NA guys get mad that i raise boost cause i'm ''cheating'' wtf...just cause our cars have some advantages doesnt mean we're cheating...your car is what it is...our cars are a hell of a lot more moddable than any z...and are WAYYYYYYYY cheaper 2 mod..just some advantages of having a FI car
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 05-05-2004 at 01:21 AM.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BriGuyMax

A lot of AWD guys claim this...but it is COMPLETELY false.

Think about what you just said for a second...and tell me how the the 1320ft of the 1/4 mile is shorter if you launch hard? Just a clue....it's not shorter. You have just as much distance to build up speed as you do with a soft launch.

If you still think an AWD car will trap higher with a softer launch...go to the drag strip and try it...you traps won't vary between runs of different launches by more than about 1mph.
    [/QUOT

you had just stated that no matter what the launch, you still have hte same amount of distance to build up speed. then some other guy chimes in and you drop your story for his saying : .poor, bogging launches can hurt your trap speeds as your car rolls out for a bit before you start really accelerating...thus the car has less distance to built speed.

thats a complete contradiction.
    obviously i cant prove anything, but if it matters i ran 12.7x at 107.0mph exactly. i have ran many 13.1's-13.3's with slower 60foots trapping at 110.8/9, almost 111.

350Z = Embarrissed

where is spell checker

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast