350Z = Embarrissed - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 350Z = Embarrissed within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by DTR maxima briguymax: havnt seen you in a while. are you still around the .org? those are ...

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    briguymax: havnt seen you in a while. are you still around the .org?
    those are some awesome times on your Z. you were an awesome driver with your maxima, i figured it would carry over to the 350z
    Thanks

I lurk around the .org every once in a while....mostly to screw with Neal (Nealoc187) or Mike (I30tmikeD)
    03 350Z - intake, test pipes
    Best STOCK E.T. 13.68@102.77mph 2.09 60'
    Best mods E.T. 13.38@103.60mph 1.90 60'

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by audirs6
    Ya what looks nicer? The WRX? I dont think so

nothing to do with looks buddy...all speed..i like my wrx looking bone stock...i wont touch anything to do with looks..maybe just a drop but that would be for better handling and performance at track....i'm not even gonna paint the cars side skirts...i'm planning on running 12's with either t67 or a vf series turbo...but my car will look stock...sleepers are more fun...i dont even have a catback ..i rather have my stock look...i might get catback with bigger turbo......buying a wrx and complaining about looks is pretty stupid..first of all..i think it does look good...2nd of all its a rally car..its like those idiots who buy a sti than complain cause it has no stereo or cause its a loud car..idiots
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Originally posted by audirs6
    Ya what looks nicer? The WRX? I dont think so
    Where did that come from? This a performance thread, not looks. No one ask for your opinion on which look better. Get out of here you troll.
    Last edited by WiCkeDrEx; 04-30-2004 at 04:41 PM.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Originally posted by psychobooe
    Low 14s? Yeah, if I can't drive for sh!t. The WRX runs a 14.3 out of the box. I plan on hitting 13.4 ish with some practice.
    i was referring to the 350z. you should be running mid 13's easy with your set up
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I know 350z should put down some good times or give me a good run, i just havent ran into any one locally that could do it. In fact i havent even seen one at the track. I have seen a few g35 at the track and the best i have seen out of those was 13.6 and that was with exhaust; headers; and 75shot.

frederick
    Hks up/dp/ebc/ti exh; TeIN springs:
    kartboy ss; blitz bov; volk gt-c

...n we're just getting started

13.4@99mph

for reference i see a few 350's and g35 at the track. 15's all day long, seriously, their modded with exhaust/rims/wing/whatever else i dont know, probably nothing. but im saying, is it hard to run those things, ive never tried getting a rear wheel drive car off the line.

Originally posted by ONeBadREx
    I know 350z should put down some good times or give me a good run, i just havent ran into any one locally that could do it. In fact i havent even seen one at the track. I have seen a few g35 at the track and the best i have seen out of those was 13.6 and that was with exhaust; headers; and 75shot.

frederick
    thats a pretty crappy time. it would have had to been an auto with a bad driver. the 6speed coupe is running 14.1-14.3 stock. with those mods low low 13's should be in his alley.
    Just call me Clark Kent

I ran the other night against a 350Z for the first time. I had my wife and I in the car and it was from a stop. Mine is an 04 with Cobb Stage 2 flash, up-pipe and downpipe as the only mods. We both knew it was on so it was a hard start from the line for both of us. I jumped about 1 to 2 car lengths off the line and held that margin through about 80MPH. I mis-shifted 3rd gear also but didn't miss altogether, it just took a half heartbeat longer than usual to get the gear. First time I ever did that. I quit at about 80 to 90 and he flew past me after that but it was my race up to there. I would say the cars are pretty much dead even from a roll but the AWD launch wins the drag race at least up to the 1/4 mile or so. I'm sure he was stock.

Originally posted by samdog
    I ran the other night against a 350Z for the first time. I had my wife and I in the car and it was from a stop. Mine is an 04 with Cobb Stage 2 flash, up-pipe and downpipe as the only mods. We both knew it was on so it was a hard start from the line for both of us. I jumped about 1 to 2 car lengths off the line and held that margin through about 80MPH. I mis-shifted 3rd gear also but didn't miss altogether, it just took a half heartbeat longer than usual to get the gear. First time I ever did that. I quit at about 80 to 90 and he flew past me after that but it was my race up to there. I would say the cars are pretty much dead even from a roll but the AWD launch wins the drag race at least up to the 1/4 mile or so. I'm sure he was stock.
    nice race.... although i would have to STONGLY disagree with your statement about a stock wrx and stock 350z being even from a roll. the 350z will walk on a wrx pretty hard. the Z tends to be a couple ticks faster than a rex in the 1/4 and def. has top end on it.

the vq35 is a very torquey engine that pulls quite nicely
    Just call me Clark Kent

Originally posted by POLAR
    for reference i see a few 350's and g35 at the track. 15's all day long, seriously, their modded with exhaust/rims/wing/whatever else i dont know, probably nothing. but im saying, is it hard to run those things, ive never tried getting a rear wheel drive car off the line.
    15s dude....come on....the poorly driven 350s run low 14s. The ones that are driven to their potential run in the 13s.

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
    15s dude....come on....the poorly driven 350s run low 14s. The ones that are driven to their potential run in the 13s.
    are you seriously questioning me? thats retarded. whats the big deal here? so a 350 ran in the 15's, so what. ive got vid of the same guy doing it 10 diff. times. i see sti's, wrx's, and evo's, and srt4's in them all the time. just poor driving or too careful of driving. i dont know. and so from my experience poorly driven 350's go into high 14's- low 15's. although i dont really see what the challenge is here though, this guy wasnt spinning like crazy, just seemed slower than all hell. but then again the intake exhaust he had prolly netted no more than 5hp.

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    nice race.... although i would have to STONGLY disagree with your statement about a stock wrx and stock 350z being even from a roll. the 350z will walk on a wrx pretty hard. the Z tends to be a couple ticks faster than a rex in the 1/4 and def. has top end on it.

the vq35 is a very torquey engine that pulls quite nicely
    I'd have to agree with that. I meant against my Stage 2 WRX, the WRX and Z are about even from a roll. I'm sure the higher the speed, the worse things are for the WRX. Stock for stock, the Z will walk the WRX hard from a roll. Even with the AWD launch, the Z is still faster stock in the 1/4 mile by about a 1/2 second by most accounts. The higher the speed, the worse it gets because the Z has better aero and more HP. I personally don't care for bragging rights about what is faster, I was just posting my experience. Who cares really? I'm not out racing for pinks on Saturdays or anything, I was just having some fun with a friendly run. Had he walked off on me I would have said that too.

Originally posted by POLAR
    are you seriously questioning me? thats retarded. whats the big deal here? so a 350 ran in the 15's, so what. ive got vid of the same guy doing it 10 diff. times. i see sti's, wrx's, and evo's, and srt4's in them all the time. just poor driving or too careful of driving. i dont know. and so from my experience poorly driven 350's go into high 14's- low 15's. although i dont really see what the challenge is here though, this guy wasnt spinning like crazy, just seemed slower than all hell. but then again the intake exhaust he had prolly netted no more than 5hp.
    I thought you meant every 350Z you've seen at the track was in the 15s...if it was just one...then that's completely possible, as some people don't know their shift knobs from their ass.

Originally posted by samdog
    I'd have to agree with that. I meant against my Stage 2 WRX, the WRX and Z are about even from a roll. I'm sure the higher the speed, the worse things are for the WRX. Stock for stock, the Z will walk the WRX hard from a roll. Even with the AWD launch, the Z is still faster stock in the 1/4 mile by about a 1/2 second by most accounts. The higher the speed, the worse it gets because the Z has better aero and more HP. I personally don't care for bragging rights about what is faster, I was just posting my experience. Who cares really? I'm not out racing for pinks on Saturdays or anything, I was just having some fun with a friendly run. Had he walked off on me I would have said that too.

o, ic.. yes i 350z and stageII rex would be a pretty good race.
    Just call me Clark Kent

60 dollars under the hood of wrx and its an even race off a launch...13.7 with just mbc very possible (did it) ..also 13.55 been done by spinnin all 4's with just mbc...and you dont need a stage 2 ..for a roll race to be even...just downpipe with mbc @ 15.5/16 psi works 2 (also done that)
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast