Me vs. wrx, e36 m3, and eg hatch
Results 1 to 9 of 9

This is a discussion on Me vs. wrx, e36 m3, and eg hatch within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; first up was a black 02-03 wrx with tbe and knn drop in filter. we raced from a second gear ...

  1. #1
    Registered User WRB03WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA & Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    125

    Me vs. wrx, e36 m3, and eg hatch

    first up was a black 02-03 wrx with tbe and knn drop in filter. we raced from a second gear punch and by the end of second i was a nose ahead.

    second was a b16 hatch with intake and exhaust. the car was really clean, type r wheels, sparco seats, very clean paint and no kit. kid has been thinking he is tough **** for a while now and we finally raced from 30-80 where i ended up 2 cars ahead.

    then i raced an e36 m3 with chip and CAI. we started from mid first and raced till the end of second with me having a nose on him. very good race and cool guy as well.

    then on the way back from all this a guy in his cougar thought it would be cool if he punched it by me. at 30 mph in 3rd i put buslengths on him just for fun.

    all in all it was a good night.

    btw my mods are gutted uppipe and no muffler.
    07 STi Cobb AP2, TBE, Kartboy, RCE

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User MJU1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,589
    It's much more fun to race on the track.

  4. #3
    Registered User driverj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    916
    Posts
    1,184
    Wow. You beat the same car with tbe and drop in with just the uppipe mode and eliminating the exhaust? I should have just gone that way. I think I spent too much money on the tbe now

  5. #4
    Registered User WRB03WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA & Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    125
    Originally posted by driverj
    Wow. You beat the same car with tbe and drop in with just the uppipe mode and eliminating the exhaust? I should have just gone that way. I think I spent too much money on the tbe now
    im convinced that my car is a factory freak because i just beat a 04 wrx with the same mods as the 03 but by a larger margin.
    07 STi Cobb AP2, TBE, Kartboy, RCE

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    766
    Eh, I don't know if your car is so much of a factory freak...I think you're just making these races in your favor.

    Racing an E36 m3 to the top of 2nd certainly favors your car. Race him past 2nd and see what happens..I'm not saying you're going to lose either, that's just where the M3's really start to pick up steam.

    Same goes for the Civic hatch. Like I said, I think these races favor your car and your setup. Nothing wrong with that, that's why Honda's like to race from a roll
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

  7. #6
    Registered User WRB03WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA & Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    125
    Originally posted by smokey
    Eh, I don't know if your car is so much of a factory freak...I think you're just making these races in your favor.

    Racing an E36 m3 to the top of 2nd certainly favors your car. Race him past 2nd and see what happens..I'm not saying you're going to lose either, that's just where the M3's really start to pick up steam.

    Same goes for the Civic hatch. Like I said, I think these races favor your car and your setup. Nothing wrong with that, that's why Honda's like to race from a roll
    i raced the same m3 in third and still won.
    07 STi Cobb AP2, TBE, Kartboy, RCE

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    766
    Originally posted by WRB03WRX
    i raced the same m3 in third and still won.
    If you noticed, i think I clearly said "I'm not saying you'll lose either, that's just where the M3 picks up steam."

    I wasn't making excuses or anything like that. I know what a Rex can do
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

  9. #8
    Registered User WRB03WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA & Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    125
    i wasnt tryin to be a jerk. just showin you so you didnt have to speculate
    07 STi Cobb AP2, TBE, Kartboy, RCE

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    766
    Originally posted by WRB03WRX
    i wasnt tryin to be a jerk. just showin you so you didnt have to speculate
    Cool man...and I believe you. I can run with my buddies modded m3 pretty well, so I totaly believe a basically stock WRX beating a stock m3 from a roll..e36 m3 that is
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •